Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tobehunk

Post by tobehunk » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 9:25 pm

savannah_lenaia wrote:
Jocundster wrote:
savannah_lenaia wrote: Me!!

And i'm looking for a buddy:))

I'm going to Taipei fr 26th Nov - 6th Dec too...
Anyone going to see Dr. Kao during this period? :D
I'm going to Taipei from 29 November - 14 December...

Seeing Dr. Chuang @ Wish Clinic....
wow... tats very soon... good luck girl!!
can i ask what will u be doing with dr chuang?

tobehunk

Post by tobehunk » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:21 pm

vickyabc wrote:
meili_wudi wrote:hey vicky, congrats on ur nice nose!

btw what was ur nose like before the surgery? u did rhino only?
what about alar + tip?

thnx~
Hi

cersepn is right mine is parallel + Epic, Nose and chin

I have received alot of email requesting for my before and after pic thus i am sharing with u guys here.. :) (I will delete it after a few days)

Guess i look very different in different pic.. Angle and make up does alot of effect. I dont think i have double crease.. Maybe is the eyeliner my dear.

I agree, Dr Chuang is a very nice surgeon. He really take cares of u even post surgery.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
omg!! vicky u r gorgeous!! really! the diff is stark for all to see... not tat it was very bad in the first place... wat i meant was the after ops was very big difference, accentuate ur features even more... ie. nose very nice n pointed.. NICE!!

was it dr chuang? if it is i wan to ask more, coz im thinking of doing my nose wif him..

tobehunk

Post by tobehunk » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:46 pm

cersepn wrote:wow, dr hsu replied me already, super fast! Just mailed him yesterday only. Wah didn't expect such a high price though, cos it's not like my nose is that bad and in need of major work, sian. Looks like have to look for another surgeon le. I quite like dr tseng's style of nose, any fellow expats did with him?
how much did dr hsu quote u? did u send him ur pics first? and what procedures did he recommend?

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:15 pm

That would be great!!! Thanks again Vicky

Vicky, can you email me at [email protected] for his number and email address. Does he speak English? I'm not chinese and don't know any chinese:(

Can you tell him that I'm coming so he wouldn't be surprised when I contact him? Does he drive a limo or a cab? (because limo usually costs a lot more than a regular cab)

Thanks Vicky
vickyabc wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Thanks Vicky!!!!!!:)

Wow sounds like you did a lot of shopping huh?:) Where are Tong hua Jie and Wu fen Bu? What is good price for clothes/dresses/shoes? Unfortunately, I don't speak chinese/taiwainese so I think it's gonna be hard to bargain.

Thank you for your response. I think it will help me definitely:)

Are you still in Taipei?? It would be fun if we can join you in your shopping spree:) hihihi

vickyabc wrote: Hi

I agree!! Shi ling is great. Its huge but slightly pricer than Tong Hua Jie & (Wu Fen Bu - are the distributor if im not wrong..)

I prefer Tong hua Jie and Wu fen Bu

Beside Wu fen Bu is Rao He Jie.. Not bad for taiwan small snacks with small street shops.. but its quite small.. I went the other day to Wu fen Bu, Shop Within 3 shops only i spent ard 6000TWD (Scary) but Cheap, i bought alot of clothings, dresses..

Next is Tong Hua Jie, just opposite my hotel (Charming Hotel) $100 plus per night only and the room is magnificant! Near to Dr Chuang Clinic too You can take a cab, 100TWD or walk 15min.. My bf and i walk occasionally, Talk joke laugh and we reached!

Tong Hua jie, I shop almost everynight as its near my hotel and its cheapper, Just one street i can buy alot of things, Heels, T-Shirt, and definitely Lingeries!!! Qualitly, Design is good. In singapore, a unique lingerie costs ard 50-60SGD plus but there (even in ShiLing) is ony 20SGD plus and 40SGD plus for (Costume) ;p

But Wu fen bu shuts quite early.. around 10pm..

Opposite Dr Chuang Clinic has Sogo and lots of shopping mall, Like singapore Orchard road but i checked, their Branded stuffs like LV and MIUMiu pricing is higher.

Hope it helps..
I practically shop everyday till i have to buy the super huge "China Bag" to put my shopping stuffs.

Best to shop at shi Ling and tong hus jie is ard 11 - 12am as they normally close at 1 am plus, thus u can bargain more.
Hi Moonligh

I will be leaving tomorrow.. :( No choice, exams is around the corner)

Where are u from?? It would be quite difficult of i cant speak chinese as most of the local there speaks maindrain. I cant converse in taiwainese too. some could speak very very basic english.

It would be better to note down the telephone and adress of your hotel and Clinic, preferable in han yu ping ying ( By the way are u chinese?)

I have a limo cabby.. he is very friendly.. we even became friends and he brought us together with his wife to a very beautiful mountain with waterfalls for bbq. Today was his off day, he brought us out to Dan Shui as it is his off day and we had lots of fun snapping pictures and playing games!

Initally when i touched down, he drove me to my hotel, even if he doesnt know the way he would just make a call to his cabby friends and ask for directions. Very friendly and he knew i would be alone for a few days, he introduced me Wu fen Bu and drove me there and even ask me to give him a call immediately if something goes wrong.

Which Dr are u visiting?

If its in Taipei, i can give u his number and just mention its vicky's (Singapore) friend, he can pick u up from the airport.. Cheaper rate too. Just PM me ;)

Vicky

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:18 pm

thinking abou clothes keep u awake!??? hihihihih too bad you are leaving tomorrow otherwise we can do some heavy shopping together lolz:) Good idea about bringing a small calculator. hihihi

Oh, i'm going to Dr. Kao in Neihu.

vickyabc wrote:

Wow sounds like you did a lot of shopping huh?:) Where are Tong hua Jie and Wu fen Bu? What is good price for clothes/dresses/shoes? Unfortunately, I don't speak chinese/taiwainese so I think it's gonna be hard to bargain.

Are you still in Taipei?? It would be fun if we can join you in your shopping spree:) hihihi

vickyabc wrote:

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 5:49 am

moonlight_pmdct wrote:That would be great!!! Thanks again Vicky

Vicky, can you email me at [email protected] for his number and email address. Does he speak English? I'm not chinese and don't know any chinese:(

Can you tell him that I'm coming so he wouldn't be surprised when I contact him? Does he drive a limo or a cab? (because limo usually costs a lot more than a regular cab)

Thanks Vicky
vickyabc wrote:

Hi Moonligh

Where are u from?? It would be quite difficult of i cant speak chinese as most of the local there speaks maindrain. I cant converse in taiwainese too. some could speak very very basic english.

It would be better to note down the telephone and adress of your hotel and Clinic, preferable in han yu ping ying ( By the way are u chinese?)

I have a limo cabby.. he is very friendly.. we even became friends and he brought us together with his wife to a very beautiful mountain with waterfalls for bbq. Today was his off day, he brought us out to Dan Shui as it is his off day and we had lots of fun snapping pictures and playing games!

Initally when i touched down, he drove me to my hotel, even if he doesnt know the way he would just make a call to his cabby friends and ask for directions. Very friendly and he knew i would be alone for a few days, he introduced me Wu fen Bu and drove me there and even ask me to give him a call immediately if something goes wrong.

Which Dr are u visiting?

If its in Taipei, i can give u his number and just mention its vicky's (Singapore) friend, he can pick u up from the airport.. Cheaper rate too. Just PM me ;)

Vicky
Hi Mooonlight

Im back in singapore.. Dread leaving Taiwan!!!! And i miss my Dr's Cinic!

Sure i will email u the details.. he can speak very little but u can bring along the address.. i will call him tomorrow and ask the exact rate to your hotel. Btw Which hotel r u staying? And when will u be going over?

To be frank staying in taiwan not knowing chinese is quite a huge language barrier.. i will try to help you ask him what degree of english does he understand till. Otherwise i will ask him to arrange someone who knows better english..

And yes, his cab is a limo

Vicky

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 8:16 am

vickyabc,

How did you cope in taiwan not knowing chinese? I want to go to taiwan but dont speak chinese so theres a huge barrier so would like to know your experience. But I dont intend to go shopping or sight seeing if I did go to taipei. Id probably lock myself in a hotel room after surgery until its time to go home lol.

tia x

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 9:53 am

Vicky,
that's what i'm afraid of (don't know how to speak chinese being a factor). I will be in Taipei on Dec 21. I have already booked a pick-up from the appartment where I and my mom will be staying. However, it would be really helpful still if you can ask him for the rate from the Kang Ning Service Apartment in Neihu to the Shiling market and the other markets that you have told me about, also from the appartment to the airport (so maybe I can book him for my departure date).

Thanks Vicky for all your help.
vickyabc wrote:

Thanks Vicky
vickyabc wrote: Hi Moonligh

Which Dr are u visiting?

Vicky
Hi Mooonlight

Sure i will email u the details.. he can speak very little but u can bring along the address.. i will call him tomorrow and ask the exact rate to your hotel. Btw Which hotel r u staying? And when will u be going over?

To be frank staying in taiwan not knowing chinese is quite a huge language barrier.. i will try to help you ask him what degree of english does he understand till. Otherwise i will ask him to arrange someone who knows better english..

Vicky

savannah_lenaia

Post by savannah_lenaia » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:01 am

ukorientalgirl wrote:vickyabc,

How did you cope in taiwan not knowing chinese? I want to go to taiwan but dont speak chinese so theres a huge barrier so would like to know your experience. But I dont intend to go shopping or sight seeing if I did go to taipei. Id probably lock myself in a hotel room after surgery until its time to go home lol.

tia x
UKgirl i'm pretty sure Vicky DOES speak Chinese...that's what she saying - it will be difficult for those who don't, based on her experience..

(but by all means Vicky correct me if i am wrong?!)

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:07 pm

Oh right ok, I thought in one of her post she said she didnt. My mistake

x

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 3:37 am

savannah_lenaia wrote:
ukorientalgirl wrote:vickyabc,

tia x
UKgirl i'm pretty sure Vicky DOES speak Chinese...that's what she saying - it will be difficult for those who don't, based on her experience..

(but by all means Vicky correct me if i am wrong?!)
Hahaha yes i do speak chinese.. Thus i decided on taiwan rather than korea

Vicky

ahshake86

ask vicky for epi

Post by ahshake86 » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 6:17 pm

hi vicky

how much dr chuang charge for epi if after one week can go back for wok or not>???and just wanna confirm the dr chuang is from wish clinic???

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 7:04 pm

Hi people,

im now here in taipei, just had my rib autology done with dr.Kao. Will just update alittle bit first.

Day 1 - Consultation with dr.kao, he sure does is a very patient and friendly doctor. He was very busy as on and off there's patient seeing him on that day. There was a taiwanese lady at the counter registering for admittion to the hospital, as she will have her rib autology on that day. Rib autology is rather common in taiwan i think. However, seems like most of his patients are local, very few foreigners as he was asking how come i know about his autology rhinoplasty.

Day 2 - admit into the hospital. Was really scared and frighten! I still get to see dr kao before i went in to the surgery room to have GA..so i keep repeating to him that i do not want to have a pinch or too sharp and tall nose, something nice like the picture i provided and which is good for mian xiang. Though dr kao said that he's not going to touch the side of my nose, due to the scars created when i did my nose in "KALO", i was at first very disappointed when he said he will not expand the alar (as i felt my nose abit pinched), but when i came out of the surgery room, dr kao told my bf that he tried his best to expand abit of my alar, but he didnt do much to my nose tip for this time, he just used septal cartilage for my nose rib, and he said after 1 year when the nose has stabalise, i can still consider for revision for the nose tip using ear cartilage. He had even corrected my nostril as i had very small nostril, now like abit bigger opening and he said that the nose tissue inside which was damanged by the previous nose job at KALO.

As for the pain, i was on the bed whole day after i came out of the surgery room. The sugery was from 1pm till 9pm in the night, which was an 8 hours surgery!! I didnt experiences vommiting or naeseous right after the surgery, just the sore throat pain, mouth dry, thirsty and i even feel hurgry.. hehe. But i felt really painful to climb up from bed as i drank too much orange juice. Some of the nurses there are okay but theres one who is really damn! Basically, the nurses will not bother you unless you press the bell for them. I was lucky that my bf was there for me whole night in the hospital room, i got discharged out from the hospital the next day evening.

My appetite was ok and i keep visiting the toilet, so you can imagine me having to bear with the pain when i climb up from the bed. Im able to walk around the room on day 3 onwards, today is day 4,everythings fine, the chest wound getting lesser pain, but still pain lar when i cough, climb up, sniff or laugh.. hehe

Will be seeing dr kao tomorrow for the wound dressing. Its really cold in taipei now, will try to update abit when im back to sg :)

Im sure my new nose will definately looks better than the previous one, lets wait for few days more to remove the stitches.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 7:17 pm

Hi moonlight_pmdct,

from the airport to the apartment is about 1200NT, and back to the airport is about the same too. From the apartment to shiling night market should be around 200NT ++
Luckily i was able to do shopping on my first day as i had my surgery on the other day. However, i think i didnt buy enough yet,thinking to go back shopping maybe one day before i leave taipei.hehe. I spent really alot on the cab fares.. dont know how come got the extra spending of near 2k sgd just on the 2nd day. ..

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Vicky,
that's what i'm afraid of (don't know how to speak chinese being a factor). I will be in Taipei on Dec 21. I have already booked a pick-up from the appartment where I and my mom will be staying. However, it would be really helpful still if you can ask him for the rate from the Kang Ning Service Apartment in Neihu to the Shiling market and the other markets that you have told me about, also from the appartment to the airport (so maybe I can book him for my departure date).

Thanks Vicky for all your help.
vickyabc wrote:

Thanks Vicky
Hi Mooonlight

Vicky

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:10 pm

Day 1 - Consultation with dr.kao, he sure does is a very patient and friendly doctor. He was very busy as on and off there's patient seeing him on that day. There was a taiwanese lady at the counter registering for admittion to the hospital, as she will have her rib autology on that day. Rib autology is rather common in taiwan i think. However, seems like most of his patients are local, very few foreigners as he was asking how come i know about his autology rhinoplasty.

haha, did you manage to see any of his own post op patients there? if so, how are their noses? I'm assuming you spoke with him in chinese all the way right, if not, how's his spoken english? How's the clinic itself? Does it look very well-furnished?

Though dr kao said that he's not going to touch the side of my nose, due to the scars created when i did my nose in "KALO", i was at first very disappointed when he said he will not expand the alar (as i felt my nose abit pinched), but when i came out of the surgery room, dr kao told my bf that he tried his best to expand abit of my alar, but he didnt do much to my nose tip for this time, he just used septal cartilage for my nose rib, and he said after 1 year when the nose has stabalise, i can still consider for revision for the nose tip using ear cartilage. He had even corrected my nostril as i had very small nostril, now like abit bigger opening and he said that the nose tissue inside which was damanged by the previous nose job at KALO.
Hmm, just curious, which celeb's picture/pictures you showed him? Does he like have a better catalogue of before and afters in the clinic than on the website, cos the website ones not really that impressive and i'm pretty sure he's much capable of more. Interesting ar, so the reason for not touching the tip was cos of the damaged nasal tissue and if he were to do the tip at the same time, your nose might not be able to take the stress? So right now your tip has no change at all ar?

As for the pain, i was on the bed whole day after i came out of the surgery room. The sugery was from 1pm till 9pm in the night, which was an 8 hours surgery!! I didnt experiences vommiting or naeseous right after the surgery, just the sore throat pain, mouth dry, thirsty and i even feel hurgry.. hehe.
Walau.. you're very fortunate loh!! 8hrs of surgery and no after-effects of the GA, very good leh! Got strong body sia

But i felt really painful to climb up from bed as i drank too much orange juice. Some of the nurses there are okay but theres one who is really damn! Basically, the nurses will not bother you unless you press the bell for them. I was lucky that my bf was there for me whole night in the hospital room, i got discharged out from the hospital the next day evening.
Will be seeing dr kao tomorrow for the wound dressing. Its really cold in taipei now, will try to update abit when im back to sg :)

Im sure my new nose will definately looks better than the previous one, lets wait for few days more to remove the stitches
Haha, great to know that you're in excellent condition and most importantly, you don't have the post-op blues! We over here in SG are here giving you all our support, stay optimistic k. oh and btw how much were you charged? 100-110k region?