Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:18 pm

Anyone going in Feb to Taipei?

We can share perhaps pm me

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:55 am

Planning do rhinoplasty and Eyebag removal

anyone know which has to be done first?

twinkle24

eyelid surgery

Post by twinkle24 » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:24 pm

hi, anyone who has done eyelid surgery in taiwan could u give me some info please..
thanks

missynathan

Post by missynathan » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 2:07 am

hkeswani wrote:
Wishing wrote:
missynathan wrote: ohh... so how long did you stay in taiwan for that surgery? also, how long will you be walking around with stiches around your eyes before the doctor removes them?
I have stayed there for 1 week. Yes, i still walk around with my super bruising eye but wear a black sunglasses all day.

The doctor will remove the stitches on Day 7. Then i fly back to Singapore straight after the stitch removal. :)
Hey you mentioned 20 000 was it in Singapore dollars or Taiwan dollars?
its in taiwan dollars of course! which is aprox $900 sing

missynathan

Re: epi revision

Post by missynathan » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 2:18 am

ahshake86 wrote:I had my epi done by dr chuang from wish got big scar now and the epi result no as good as mentioned anyone got dr recommended for revision
may i know what sort of scar is it? is it keloid kinda scar? the one that looks like a BCG... :o

missynathan

Post by missynathan » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 2:24 am

Wishing wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:
Wishing wrote: Hi.... I did my epi with dr Chuang also. I do have scar but im okie with it.
Going to do a scar reducing injection... Will let u know if it helps.

Care to share ur pic with me?
Scar reducing injection? Where is this injection offered?
Do you have more details about this injection?
Alaxis Aesthetic clinic does provide post operation treatment for Wish Clinic patients, that why i went to him. After consultation, the doc said mine is not scar, more of a excess skin. Im still waiting for Dr Chuang reply. Might be going back to taipei to do a revision if necessary.
hey dear, do you mind sharing your pictures?
will there be a chance where the scar becomes a keloid? (the BCG kind) cos i am prone to scarring, and i hv a bcg. i want to do it, but im quite freaked out, if the scar will ever grow bigger or become worse and plus im not working so i dont have the means to go back for any revision within the next few months sld anything go wrong... :?
Last edited by missynathan on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 3:10 am

anyone knows how much eyebag removal cost?

missynathan

Post by missynathan » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 3:21 am

rhinose wrote:anyone knows how much eyebag removal cost?
i've never done it nor any kind of procedure before but according to dr. eddie chiang's website, its around 25k-35k for lipo method and 30k-50k for incision method.

http://www.psbeauty.com.tw/html/beauty02.html

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 3:49 am

i have finally confirmed & would be going back to Dr kao for revision on my nose. briefly, I have not had an ideal recovery & I have had quite alot of scar tissues formed at my supratip& tip area, thus my tip has not reduced to the 'expected' size. Dr Kao said this is normally caused by smoking (blood vessels constrict). Irony is that I had quit smoking prior before surgery & have not smoked since...

has anyone here on the board gone back for revision & what was the choice of sedation used?

He suggested local for this revision & he described it as a simple revision (to remove the scar tissues & might have to take ear cartilage to tweak the tip).

However, I am now super freaked out after reading treehugger's post about her experience with using local.

I have had previous experiences with local when I was doing my eyes & I would wake up halfway & had to endure the tormenting pain throughout the surgery. I would really hate to go through it again...

would picking GA be a wise choice? my concern is that going through GA is not a good option as it is stressful to the body too....

advice anyone?

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 3:52 am

rhinose wrote:Planning do rhinoplasty and Eyebag removal

anyone know which has to be done first?
back then, the docs told me that it should be the eyes 1st. best to confirm with your doctor/s.

for me, i did my nose 1st, then 2 days later, my eyes - did not check with doctors, only realised it was planned wrong when i was there with the respective doctors, but changing the dates would not be possible so the docs had to make do with it.

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 4:30 pm

anyone planning to go taipei in the next few weeks.

Would love a travel buddy

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:20 am

aneles wrote:i have finally confirmed & would be going back to Dr kao for revision on my nose. briefly, I have not had an ideal recovery & I have had quite alot of scar tissues formed at my supratip& tip area, thus my tip has not reduced to the 'expected' size. Dr Kao said this is normally caused by smoking (blood vessels constrict). Irony is that I had quit smoking prior before surgery & have not smoked since...

has anyone here on the board gone back for revision & what was the choice of sedation used?

He suggested local for this revision & he described it as a simple revision (to remove the scar tissues & might have to take ear cartilage to tweak the tip).

However, I am now super freaked out after reading treehugger's post about her experience with using local.

I have had previous experiences with local when I was doing my eyes & I would wake up halfway & had to endure the tormenting pain throughout the surgery. I would really hate to go through it again...

would picking GA be a wise choice? my concern is that going through GA is not a good option as it is stressful to the body too....

advice anyone?
I didn't mean to scare you. If I were to do it over again, I would still choose local.

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 4:33 am

TreeHugger wrote:
I didn't mean to scare you. If I were to do it over again, I would still choose local.
no worries... in fact I'm glad you shared your experience (thanks!). hope you are healing well! :)))

I did more reading abt local anaethetic for rhinoplasty. If the patient wakes up halfway & feels pain, it means the one tt administer the LA had screwed up (did not give enough in consideration to patient's history, weight etc). Patient should not feel the pain, even if he/she woke up halfway. Another reason was that the doc is stinging on cost, so insufficient LA is administered (high possibility for private practices).

something to note if you are opting for LA.

Wishing

Post by Wishing » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 9:34 pm

missynathan wrote:
ahshake86 wrote:I had my epi done by dr chuang from wish got big scar now and the epi result no as good as mentioned anyone got dr recommended for revision
may i know what sort of scar is it? is it keloid kinda scar? the one that looks like a BCG... :o
missynathan - Yes, the surgery cost is ard 900 SGD. I have consult another doctor is singapore and have confirmed its not scarring... more of excess skin. Have emailed Dr Chuang for advice, he recommended me to do a nose job to solve the problem. But i am not doing it. It is not that serious, unless u look real close. Intend to do a nose fillers to enhance my looks instead. I believe im just unlucky.

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 7:01 am

aneles wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
no worries... in fact I'm glad you shared your experience (thanks!). hope you are healing well! :)))

I did more reading abt local anaethetic for rhinoplasty. If the patient wakes up halfway & feels pain, it means the one tt administer the LA had screwed up (did not give enough in consideration to patient's history, weight etc). Patient should not feel the pain, even if he/she woke up halfway. Another reason was that the doc is stinging on cost, so insufficient LA is administered (high possibility for private practices).

something to note if you are opting for LA.
I wasn't really sleeping either. Just felt really loopy @_@

Has anyone ever bumped their new nose? I was at the gym and I forcefully bumped a barbell up and it hit my nose. Guess i'm just not used to have a bigger nose. I'm so paranoid. I've been touching it all day now ahah