Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 6:47 pm

Hi regretful28,

Don't be upset, i'm sure it can be revised, just let the whole thing settle down first, in my case, it's been 2 months, i used rib plus ear cartilage at the tip, so rib appears to be not so swollen compared to ear cartlage.

When i look in the mirror it seems ok, but when i take pics, the tip looks like the end of sausage when i smile. It's not pointy or v shape but rather a big U shape, hahaha.. Ear cartlage at tip will take longer time.

in the meanwhile, be cool, go read up & research on which doctors you're interested. This thread is mainly about Dr Hsu & Dr Kao in taiwan.

Go read up on TPF asian nose job 2 , they talk about VIP & Dr Jung in Korea.
You can start to email them & enquire so your mind can be focused instead of being depressed.

p/s they may be able to revise your ear cartilage, don't need to discard it.

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 9:31 am

guys whats your take on donor ribs versus own ribs?

I am thinking to use donor ribs?

anyone here used donor ribs before?

Some information i found for useful reading on RIBS CARTILAGE

http://noserevisionsurgeryandsurgeons.b ... ts-in.html

regretful28

Post by regretful28 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the comforting words. Really appreciate that as I have basically no one to talk to and afraid to tell anyone I know. Just got so depressed each and everytime I looked into the mirror.

Angelfern, which surgeon did your nose? I think you are pretty satisfied with the result as of now? My nose looked ugly, with tip so upturn, exposing two big nostrils when I looked at the mirror and of course looked much worst in pics. If I looked at my pic I will get even more depressed. I emailed both Dr. Kao and Dr. Hsu, both of them said that I have to wait at least 6 mths for revision and will not be able to reuse the ear cartilage in my nose...*SAD*, so most probably need to use rib for revision. But I really don't want to operate on my rib...arghh...
I read about the korean docs as well, but seems that there were some negative reviews as well. I am so worried to fail another time, I won't be able to take it...

regretful28

Post by regretful28 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Angelfern, saw your previous post and realised that you went to Dr. Kao for your nose. I am considering him for my revision as well. However, I saw some forumer are not happy with their nose after 1 year post-op with Dr. Kao.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:49 pm

Dr Kao is our doctor.

My sis & I went together. So far so good, my sister has received compliments but no one suspects anything & it's only been 2 months exactly.

Ours are also revision cases too.
Best to get someone to accompany you if you want to use autologous rib.

Previously, i also had reservations on using my own rib, was so tempted to use donated ribs, right till the day of consultation with Dr Kao, but because taiwan only gain approval of using donated ribs in dec 2009, Dr Kao only had 7 to 8 cases of donated ribs in 2010 compared to a few hundred cases of autologous rib, i decided better don't be the guinea pig.

now it's been done, i'm glad i use my own rib,
If u use your own rib, antibiotics can easily heal it if there's infection.

It's not scary, after the GA, u get knocked out, when u wake up, don't feel intense pain, just ache.

Psychologically, also don't feel short of a part of the rib as tissues will grow over the missing gap.

I've started jogging, no visible difference or discomfort.

regretful28

Post by regretful28 » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for the information, however, after I read all the posts here, I found out that one of the most common complaint with using rib was the bridge is too high to their liking even after 1 year? How about yours?

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 3:02 pm

perhaps i'm the odd one out but i prefer my bridge to be higher :wink:

daniel111

Plastic surgery cost

Post by daniel111 » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 5:54 pm

Hi i am a new comer here.
May i have a estimate quote from the people that have done rhinoplasty and jawline implants in taiwan ? .

I am 18 and being a guy with feminine feature, its not easy . :oops:

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 6:03 am

angelfern wrote:perhaps i'm the odd one out but i prefer my bridge to be higher :wink:
I certainly agree with that.

Its nicer to be higher than lower i suppose lol

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 6:05 am

Anyone going taipei on mid Feb onwards?

I might be there between Feb 10-Feb 20th

You can pm me your msn or email and we can share info

jessie90

Post by jessie90 » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 2:29 pm

hey rhino, I'll be going to taiwan in april with dr chuang.
Or I may change to nara because I read posts of forumers complaining their bridge is not high enough and there's not much difference in their looks.

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 3:29 pm

jessie90 wrote:hey rhino, I'll be going to taiwan in april with dr chuang.
Or I may change to nara because I read posts of forumers complaining their bridge is not high enough and there's not much difference in their looks.

Ah u mean Dr chuang results are not high enough?

I guess its personal taste.

I like a higher nose as i find a high nose is just more pleasing especially side profile and also on camera.

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:50 pm

rhinose wrote:
jessie90 wrote:hey rhino, I'll be going to taiwan in april with dr chuang.

Ah u mean Dr chuang results are not high enough?

I guess its personal taste.

I like a higher nose as i find a high nose is just more pleasing especially side profile and also on camera.

Actually too high a nose, especially if it doesnt suit one's face or an ultra high bridge - it may not necessarily look nice cos i have seen many and some of them look too fake n at times a bit "weird-looking".

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:52 pm

I like a high tip but dont exactly fancy a too-high bridge :)

Alot of high bridges sometimes look quite fake in my personal opinion. :wink:

hisprincess

Post by hisprincess » Tue, 01 Feb 2011 1:24 am

Hi everyone,

I returned a week ago from Taiwan. Went there for my double eyelid surgery and so far, I'm happy with my eyelids and the progress of my healing. Took Sinecch which I think helped ALOT to minimize bruising. Think I only bruised a bit on day 2 & 3, after which no more bruising.

I did my double eyelid surgery at Regent with Dr Chen. He's highly recommended!! :)

I am in the midst of putting up the details of my double eyelid surgery on my blog. Will inform everyone once it's up.

I see there's a discussion going on about eyelash implants. Yeah, the implants don't look natural at all. I'm also thinking of growing my eyelashes now that I have double eyelids. A doctor told me Lumigan or Latisse is good. Has anyone tried those before?
rhinose wrote:anyone can recommend something cheap and good accommodation in Taipei

Deciding to stay Kangning for first few days only
rhinose: i stayed at Roumei Beauty Hotel. It's a lovely boutique hotel, quite new, nice room, very spacious bathroom. MRT station is about 5 mins' walk away. It cost S$105 per night inclusive of breakfast.

Cheaper options would be hotels like Rainbow, Wonstar and City Inn. I think you can stay in these hotels for less than S$90 per night depending on the season. Other good choices would be Dandy Hotel Daan and Yomi Hotel. I reserved my room from www.hotels.com which has very good rates.