Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:33 am

Results so far so good, still too early to tell, centre of nose bridge to nose tip still swollen but as we're very kiasu, we ordered Pre op & Post op medicine & sinnech from makemeheal.com plus we lugged 6 bottles of bird nest so i think we recovered amazingly fast.
We've no blue black bruises at all around the eyes & cheek area, so fantastic, only swelling, sis no redness at all but i've redness at the tip.

We flew to TW on tue, stayed a night in Ximenting, left our Big luggage at the hotel, checked out on wed, moved to kangning apt, consulted him in the afternoon, stayed one night in Kang ning then surgery on thurs.

Taxi ride from Ximenting to Kangning was NT380, but back to Ximenting's only NT300.
If u've only a small luggage, can take the train but have to carry it up & down the stairs, we're lazy plus the luggage is rather heavy too so we cabbed.

My sis supposed to do on thur, me on fri but he has a meeting on fri so we scheduled on the same day, sis in the morning, mine's around 2pm.
was so worried that the whole team will be too tired but he assured me that it's ok, i'm also worried that it'll compromise the results.

anyway, if I don't do it on thurs, the earliest date will be mon so i don't want to drag further.

Hey, how come no one warn me about the scorching burning pain of the throat due to GA?
sis only felt discomfort, mine was like razor cut pain, was really unbearable but I didn't cry, heh heh.

I was wheeled back at 7plus, can only drink water at 2am, Gosh, we already fasted for 12 hours, no food & drink. luckily, it's the fall/winter season, not humid like Singapore plus the nurses immediately attached us to the IV drip when we checked into the hospital at 8.30am. We didn't feel especially thirsty, still bearable.

My throat's so bloody painful that i just took sips of water before 2am, so naturally, I felt queasy & just turned to the left of the bed & vomitted out water plus black specks of blood on the floor.

A while later, i drank somemore & took my sinnech, LOL, then went to toilet & vomitted out all the water plus my sinnech.
Please, do not drink water as they fear the water might get into the lungs or something, so if you can bear it, just endure till the stated time.

We paid extra for the private room with attached toilet & a big TV. They'll only remove the IV drip when it's time to discharge.

So we checked out from the hospital on fri, checked into Kang ning apt from fri to sun, then mon onwards we stayed in Ximenting.

Kangning's very tranquil & quiet, good for recuperating as it's not crowded, the whole area, even the Kang ning hospital is not busy at all.

I bought the set dinner from the cafe for the first 2 nights, then ventured to the small shops infront of the apartment, bought the goose noodles on the last night as the other beef noodle store was closed. well, not so nice, the goose meat was tough but i'm so sick of the cafe's food already.

Kangning's apt is new, like a Service Apartment, the 7-11 was our best friend for those few days plus the cafe fresh bread & buns are delicious, the apt has washing machine plus dryer so don't need to bring too many sets of clothes, my sis was playing with the washing machine for the 4 nights that we were there:)

They only clean the room on every mondays so u can call the reception for the change of fresh towels & toiletries everyday.

LolAlexLol

Post by LolAlexLol » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 4:14 pm

Hey there angelfern, did you have rib rhino or.. ?
How much did you spent all in total for this trip?

Thanks and wish you a speedy recovery! :D
Perseverance and determination is the way to success. I need them~~~~

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:32 pm

We use the rib for the bridge & ear cartilage for the tip.

We paid the hotel in Ximenting beforehand,

Dr Kao's fees, the special hospital room with attached toilet for both of us & consultation for the first day, all in, around NT120 000. i think he gave us a discount coz both of us do at the same time.

For Kang Ning apt, we paid cash for the last 2 days, NT2000 each day if you booked the room telling them that you're Dr Kao's patient. They still need your credit card details.

shinangel

Piggy nose with rib/costal cartilage?

Post by shinangel » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 2:13 am

To the ones who have a rib/costal catilage graft: can you still do the piggy nose? I dont expect the post-op nose to be as soft as pre-op, but I thought that my nosetip would significantly soften after 6 months or so. However, now 2 years later it still feels like wood.

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 2:49 am

angelfern wrote:We use the rib for the bridge & ear cartilage for the tip.

We paid the hotel in Ximenting beforehand,

Dr Kao's fees, the special hospital room with attached toilet for both of us & consultation for the first day, all in, around NT120 000. i think he gave us a discount coz both of us do at the same time.

For Kang Ning apt, we paid cash for the last 2 days, NT2000 each day if you booked the room telling them that you're Dr Kao's patient. They still need your credit card details.

Hi Angelfern,

Do you mean Dr Kao's fees is NT$120,000 per pax OR for both of you together? If for both of you together, that is an extremely good rate to harvest both rib & ear cartilage & to do the rhinoplasty for 2 persons.

Do you have any photos to share? You can cover the other features such as the eyes & mouth if you prefer. :)

Did both of you request for the similar style/shape of nose or did each of you have a different nose in mind?

Cheers.

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 3:32 am

Hi Angelfern,

May i check how do you know how many packets of Sinecch should you take? Cos i understand each box contains 12 capsules.

And did you also inform Dr Kao beforehand that you would be consuming Sinecch? Was he fine with it? Such as would it affect any of the medicine he would be dispensing you?

Thanks for your help. :)

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 3:37 pm

yes, we've informed Dr Kao.

It dosen't interfere with his medicine, I think it's just a holistic supplement to aid in healing for post surgery.

LolAlexLol

Post by LolAlexLol » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 3:56 pm

Hi angelfern, thanks for your reply. :)
Anyway, how long did it take for your nose to look 'normal' ?
Cause after the op whole face and nose will swell right?

One more query, does your eye still look the same after the nose job? Because the skin between your eyes will get pulled a little by the rib graft right?

Thanks!
Perseverance and determination is the way to success. I need them~~~~

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 4:09 pm

LOL, of course it's around NT 120 000 for each person, we didn't do alarplasty or tipoplasty (is this the right spelling?).

Bear in mind, this rate includes the hospitalisation stay in the special ward with attached toilet.

I think for those of you who goes alone, he'll give you a complimentary room with another patient.
We just asked him we don't need to do alar right? He agreed & we moved on.

He used computer imaging for the consultation, he took our photos & we told him what we like to improve on.
for example, if you want a higher bridge, he needs to slowly extend the top of the bridge all the way to the tip, it should be a gentle slope all the way down.
So if my tip is small, i can't have a longer tip then i can't have a super high bridge too, it'll look funny.

Our nose are vastly different, it very much depends on your existing nose structure, so I think i've a realistic expectation of what can & cannot be done.

I didn't show him any actress photos.

For example, my sis's nose is bigger, has more space at the tip, he's able to put more ear cartialge at the tip, making it longer & more pointy.

Mine's small tip so he can't "stuff" extra ear cartilage to make it as long & pointy as my sis.

Another thing is it depends on your original height of the bridge too, my sis's original height is higher than mine, so after putting the rib for the bridge, it seems to be even higher than mine.

So yeah, both of our results are different because our original nose are different to begin with. I think it is very important to be realistic in your expectations or else you're be disappointed.

Sorry, I won't be posting our photos due to privacy reasons.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 4:38 pm

LolAlexLol wrote:Hi angelfern, thanks for your reply. :)
Anyway, how long did it take for your nose to look 'normal' ?
Cause after the op whole face and nose will swell right?

One more query, does your eye still look the same after the nose job? Because the skin between your eyes will get pulled a little by the rib graft right?

Thanks!
We removed our cast on day 6, sis's really amazing, no blue black bruises or anything, there's swelling but no redness for her. Face didn't swell.There's redness at the tip for mine.

maybe cold weather helps, oh ya, perhaps she iced her forehead for the first 2 days, i can't be bothered so maybe there's a difference.
The nurse said everyone's recovery is different, there are people who's worse than me too.

I saw the Doctor's Show on Channel 5, there's this gal who removed her cast on the show, she removed her hump on the bridge plus fixed her deviated septum or something, her whole eye area plus cheeks were blue black.

so we're quite relieved that we've none of that.

Actually after we removed our cast at San Jun Hospital, we went shopping at Wufeng pu, their HUGE wholesale retail market) immediately, it's only one train station away then we cabbed to Rao He night market for dinner.

Apart from slighly chunky bridge all the way down, i looked pretty normal, no one stare at us or anything, so i'm not sure if it's the Pre op medicine that we took one week before we go to Taiwan or the 2 packets of sineech that we took or a combination of both plus birdnest, so can't really advise on that.

ya, initially, when it was swollen at the top of the bridge, my sis's was envious that my eyes were pulled so much closer to each other.
now, about 2 weeks post op, she happily declared that mine has gone down so eyes not so close together.
what a bummer.

but it has indeed drawn closer, it's just that it won't be as close as the initial stage.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Piggy nose with rib/costal cartilage?

Post by Blissful09 » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 4:32 pm

shinangel wrote:To the ones who have a rib/costal catilage graft: can you still do the piggy nose? I dont expect the post-op nose to be as soft as pre-op, but I thought that my nosetip would significantly soften after 6 months or so. However, now 2 years later it still feels like wood.
NO ONE should be able to be doing the piggy nose if they have had their nose done... if someone is able to do it then... im gonna guess they only put implant and didnt do anything to their tip... but that would look awfully weird.... The softest tip material is ear.. and even if u use that.. u shouldnt STILL not be able to push up.. cuz its stitches and leaning against the material implant.

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 5:50 am

Hi guys, just did my surgery with Dr.Kao yesterday. You're all in good hands, he and his nurses are all very caring. Btw, thanks to babymilo for answering all my questions (it's elizabeth!)

hkeswani

Post by hkeswani » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:21 pm

Wishing wrote:
missynathan wrote:
Wishing wrote: Hey girl, generally Dr Chuang is a nice and patient doctor. The surgery is totally painless but do expect some swelling and bruising for the next 1 wk.

He charged me 20 000 for the epi surgery.

However my epi still have a fainting scar after 6mths. Hope my infor will helps you. :)
ohh... so how long did you stay in taiwan for that surgery? also, how long will you be walking around with stiches around your eyes before the doctor removes them?
I have stayed there for 1 week. Yes, i still walk around with my super bruising eye but wear a black sunglasses all day.

The doctor will remove the stitches on Day 7. Then i fly back to Singapore straight after the stitch removal. :)
Hey you mentioned 20 000 was it in Singapore dollars or Taiwan dollars?

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:34 pm

Since I have time, i'll write up about what happened since this forum has been so much help to me.

I arrived on the morning of the 22nd and had my consultation that afternoon. Took the MRT to Kangning, was pretty convenient, kind of got lost but it wasn't too bad. You then had to register for your consultation downstairs and wait on the 2nd floor to see Dr. Kao.

I was about the 2nd last person to have a consultation with him, and it was nearing the end of his consultation time. He was still very patient with me though. Showed me past surgeries, took my picture, did a virtual transformation, etc.

I didn't bring any pictures with me, but we seemed to be on the same page about what nose would suit my face. I trust his aesthetic opinion. I used goretex and ear cartilage. The consultation took about 20 minutes. I didn't really ask any questions. We scheduled the surgery date for the 23rd morning at Tri-Service. He wrote down the directions for me and gave me a number to call if I got lost. He also arranged for me to meet with an english speaking nurse, Cherry.

So, I took the MRT to Kunyang MRT station then took the free shuttle bus to Tri-Service (takes about 20 minutes), but the bus only comes once every 30 minutes. The hospital is pretty big, so it's quite easy to get lost. I met with Cherry, and then waited for Dr.Kao. The cosmetic place is very nicely decorated, with a T.V, magazines, etc. He had his apprentice?.. or student? with him. He showed me the goretex that he uses (showing that it's sterile and stuff) and we went over my pictures and about the nose I wanted by looking through a magazine. I also got some pills to take before the surgery for the pain.

Dr.Kao went to go get changed and I went with Cherry to get my EKG. They said I didn't need a blood test since I was healthy and everything. I then put on the gown, slippers and hair net thing then proceeded into the operating room.

It was pretty freaky, tbh. I felt like I was getting butchered, they had my pictures taped on the cabinet and he also had the magazine picture for reference. If any of you watch Dexter, I felt like I was about to get murdered with the pictures on the side and stuff. I definitely do not want to go through another surgery.

So, I laid down and had local injected in my nose (through my gums) and my ears. Which is kind of uncomfortable. I sometimes felt the liquid go down my throat (or was that blood?) Dr.Kao will ask if it hurts if he senses that you are uncomfortable. I had to tell him it hurts many times throughout the surgery and got more local injected. They had to keep getting more vials.. maybe i'm really sensitive? The most painful part was when he was working with the septal cartilage. It was like an 8/10 on the pain scale. Kind of like getting your wisdom tooth pulled out.

I have no idea how long the surgery took, maybe 2.5-3 hours. I was awake the whole time, couldn't sleep. I was just checking out the blackheads on my nose while they were operating T_T

After the surgery, the nurses let me stay in the lobby with an ice pack and gauze for the bleeding. We scheduled the follow up meeting and went over the directions for the medication. Cherry also gave me her personal cellphone number if there was an emergency. I rested there for an hour and took the bus and MRT back to my apartment place. I was very tired and ended up sleeping for 12 hours once I got back.

Today I feel fine, nose is a bit runny. No bruises, just some swelling around the bridge. My eyes are a lot more pulled in now due to the surgery and the swelling, I kind of like it. I went out sightseeing today, no big deal.

Long post, but I hope it helps.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 2:53 pm

Hi TreeHugger,

Try to drink more pineapple fruit juice from their fruit juice stalls, it helps in deswelling.

Their light therapy (NT200) at the cosmetic Centre in Tri- service hospital is good too, bonus, i think it helps to calm down my acne!