Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
lemmiknox

Post by lemmiknox » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:56 am

takuda wrote:thank you @lemmiknox

i really dont feel extremely bitter about the surgery/experience/surgeon

just the results haha, considering how long i took to look normal WITH SINEECH

and yes i'll def be checking out fat graft! was reading quite a bit about korean surgeons/clinics too in light of my plan for a few procedures and i still feel like i'd prefer thailand/taiwan. nothing to do with cost - simply the language barrier scares me...........
Sineech is homeopathy, and it's been widely known and proven that homeopathic medicine is ineffective and placebo at best. Please don't waste your money on that crap.

BTW, did you ever end up getting your nose done? Earlier in the thread you talked about consulting with Yoskarn clinic about your nose. Did anything ever come about that?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:56 am

@ahappycamper: replied via email, please check

@lemmiknox: i actually typed a pretty long reply but i lost the internet and clicked submit so here am i again. not gonna retype but the gist is
=i did with tokai
=dont ask for pics b/c im lazy + i dont have a before pic to compare
=i had L implant it's not WOW but its acceptable, my tip wa extended quite a bit
=i did not have alar but my nose seems less bulbous now

TGIF guys! :)
Cry when you get ripped.

bingunginter

Post by bingunginter » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 9:43 pm

@lemmiknox

Sineech really works for me. I had less swelling and almost no bruising, even the dr confirmed this. I will definitely use it again for my next surgery.

Icecreammel

Post by Icecreammel » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 6:02 pm

Hey people! Any updates and photos on double eyelid surgery and epi with nara? How's the scarring?

ryansapa

Post by ryansapa » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:56 am

lemmiknox wrote:
mimi86uk wrote:Thanks Lemmiknox, yea its been a long time.

Thanks for the recommendation, I think last time i was so desperate to have the surgery done I had stars in my eyes, I overlooked so many warning signs with Dr Pat.

Ryansapa - I didn't know that. If I had done before i really would of thought twice about letting this man touch my virgin nose.

I'm going to have this mess fixed because its soo noticeable, the bridge is sooo crooked it looks like Ive been hit in the face and my nose is soo big now. Plus i paid for a tipplasty but he admitted he hadn't actually done anything to the tip, just putting in a L shape implant.

I'm planning on going to Manila to get it fixed since a lot of other surgeons dont do premaxillary implants in Thailand and Dr pat botched that too.
If you know of any surgeons in thailand who do Premaxillary or nasal spine in thailand do let me know :cry:

Ill definitely keep you updated.
Dr Somyos does Premaxillary! In fact he was the first doctor to suggest it to me. Just email him, see how it goes, because I found that he gives the most comprehensive list of problems/solutions than any other doctor. Rather than "you need silicon implant and/or tipplasty" he identifies the issues with your nose and offers his solutions.
Here is his response to my consult:
3.Nose

interesting....dr somyos seems to recommend everyone does osteotomy....quoted me 6200usd 2 nights...silicon or goretex...but when i asserted i wanted goretex...he said he doesnt do it no more cus high infection rate n very hard to take out.... i didnt do it with him cus silicon is not worth thst price esp in thailand...i rather do it in australia....hes charging near international prices for thai standard of living...i dnt care how good he is

Low apex
Low and slight drooping tip
Acute nasolabial angel,retracted columella base
Slight flaring ala
The solution is Refinement Rhinoplasty which include:
Osteotomy
Tipplasty
Alarplasty
Premaxillar augmentation
Silicon or Glortex implant
The cost is $5800usd include 2 nights.

From what I heard he chargeis the same for revisions.

lemmiknox

Post by lemmiknox » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 9:38 pm

ryansapa wrote:
lemmiknox wrote:
mimi86uk wrote:Thanks Lemmiknox, yea its been a long time.

Thanks for the recommendation, I think last time i was so desperate to have the surgery done I had stars in my eyes, I overlooked so many warning signs with Dr Pat.

Ryansapa - I didn't know that. If I had done before i really would of thought twice about letting this man touch my virgin nose.

I'm going to have this mess fixed because its soo noticeable, the bridge is sooo crooked it looks like Ive been hit in the face and my nose is soo big now. Plus i paid for a tipplasty but he admitted he hadn't actually done anything to the tip, just putting in a L shape implant.

I'm planning on going to Manila to get it fixed since a lot of other surgeons dont do premaxillary implants in Thailand and Dr pat botched that too.
If you know of any surgeons in thailand who do Premaxillary or nasal spine in thailand do let me know :cry:

Ill definitely keep you updated.
Dr Somyos does Premaxillary! In fact he was the first doctor to suggest it to me. Just email him, see how it goes, because I found that he gives the most comprehensive list of problems/solutions than any other doctor. Rather than "you need silicon implant and/or tipplasty" he identifies the issues with your nose and offers his solutions.
Here is his response to my consult:

interesting....dr somyos seems to recommend everyone does osteotomy....quoted me 6200usd 2 nights...silicon or goretex...but when i asserted i wanted goretex...he said he doesnt do it no more cus high infection rate n very hard to take out.... i didnt do it with him cus silicon is not worth thst price esp in thailand...i rather do it in australia....hes charging near international prices for thai standard of living...i dnt care how good he is
Who's making you?

Anyway, in Sydney I only know of one Korean doctor who does Asian rhinoplasty with goretex. It's not like you have many options.

dapoh

Post by dapoh » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 8:56 pm

I'm in hat yai now staying at v4 hotel. Appt with dr chi tomorrow at 9am :)

Lizzy06

Post by Lizzy06 » Sat, 19 Jan 2013 12:00 am

mye23 wrote:
Lizzy06 wrote:Hi,

Anyone who had done cheek argumentation? I need something permanent for my hollow cheek, will cheek argumentation helps?

and does anyone know any doctor in hat yai do zygoma reduction? I've checked with Dr nara and Dr Chi,both of them does not have the procedure.
hi, which dr did ur rhinoplasty? thx
Hi,

I went to Dr Chi ^^
Done: Double Eyelid, Epicanthoplasty,Rhinoplasty, Alarplasty, Fat grafting

Next up in plan: Breast implant-Nov 2013

Visit my blog at http://www.misslemonade.com/plastic-sur ... inal-part/
~*~*Being pretty is a responsibility*~*~

jaypaek

Post by jaypaek » Sat, 19 Jan 2013 6:46 pm

dapoh wrote:I'm in hat yai now staying at v4 hotel. Appt with dr chi tomorrow at 9am :)
Omomo! I've already booked my appt with Dr Chi for chin augmentation on 16Mar! Please update us! :3

Im going with user, Loke any way!

Which hotel are you staying?

mye23

Post by mye23 » Sat, 19 Jan 2013 9:30 pm

jaypaek wrote:
dapoh wrote:I'm in hat yai now staying at v4 hotel. Appt with dr chi tomorrow at 9am :)
Omomo! I've already booked my appt with Dr Chi for chin augmentation on 16Mar! Please update us! :3

Im going with user, Loke any way!

Which hotel are you staying?
I'm here in hat yai. Tune hotel. My appt with dr chi tomorrow. Wanna meet up.

mye23

Post by mye23 » Sat, 19 Jan 2013 9:31 pm

Lizzy06 wrote:
mye23 wrote:
Lizzy06 wrote:Hi,

Anyone who had done cheek argumentation? I need something permanent for my hollow cheek, will cheek argumentation helps?

and does anyone know any doctor in hat yai do zygoma reduction? I've checked with Dr nara and Dr Chi,both of them does not have the procedure.
hi, which dr did ur rhinoplasty? thx
Hi,

I went to Dr Chi ^^
Great!!! I'm here now in hat yai. Tomorrow appt with dr chi.

bnjmnkrs

Post by bnjmnkrs » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:11 pm

Hello, does anybody have any idea how I can get in touch with Dr. Somyos? The form for contacting him on his website appears to be broken and has been for a while.

lemmiknox

Post by lemmiknox » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 9:16 pm

bnjmnkrs wrote:Hello, does anybody have any idea how I can get in touch with Dr. Somyos? The form for contacting him on his website appears to be broken and has been for a while.
His email is

[email protected].

I'm in Bangkok right now actually, I walked past Yoskarn Clinic on my way to exchange currency :D

It looks clean and the receptionist is pretty hot.

bnjmnkrs

Post by bnjmnkrs » Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:26 am

lemmiknox wrote:
bnjmnkrs wrote:Hello, does anybody have any idea how I can get in touch with Dr. Somyos? The form for contacting him on his website appears to be broken and has been for a while.
His email is

[email protected].

I'm in Bangkok right now actually, I walked past Yoskarn Clinic on my way to exchange currency :D

It looks clean and the receptionist is pretty hot.
Ah thank you. Strange that the contact form is broken and the email address provided on the site is different than the one you gave me. I tried both the address on the site and attempted to contact through the Thai version of the website which has a working 'contact us' page, but still no response. I'll wait a bit and then use the address you gave me if I still don't hear back. Thanks.

Transition

Surgery with dr nara

Post by Transition » Sat, 26 Jan 2013 10:09 pm

Hi people :)

Firstly I would like to thank all of the people that have contributed to this thread. It really helped me a lot during my decision making in getting Rhinoplasty, alarplasty and Otoplasty.

I have always wanted to get my ear fixed (otoplasty) since I was fifteen and later decided that I would do Rhinoplasty and alarplasty at one go as well. This thread helped me to get to finally deciding on one doctor to do up my surgery.

As a silent lurker and avid reader for the past five years since the thread started, I learn and weigh the pros and cons of each individual doctor and finally decided that dr nara is who I will be going for.

I wanted to write this post as my way of saying thanks and hoped that it will help other who are trying to make a decision of whether to do the surgery, which doctor and etc. I wish to contribute like how the other previous forum posters have.

Alright let me begin my detailed trip to hatyai for surgery now.

I landed at hatyai on the 22 Jan 2013, 1.30pm. Headed straight to my hotel to put my stuffs down. The transport cost me 300thb. (Just walk out the gate towards your right when you exit the custom, there are several taxi uncle there)

My hotel is at Hi-Season Hotel it is not of walkable distance to dr nara clinic but if you take the motorcycle taxi, it will take only 5 minutes and it cost you 30 thb. I am a girl and I would say that it is pretty safe.

The hotel is also nice enough. There is wifi, nice comfy queen size bed, a good hotel i would say if you want a quiet hotel. There is also convenience store at level one which is really helpful. I book the hotel for 22 jan - 29 jan for a total of SGD $195. Really cheap and worth it.

Tip : It is good to buy two big bottles of drinking water from the convenience store and some cotton buds before hand. Small bottles of conditioner and body wash if you like. It is pretty cheap like around 25thb per item.

Day 0 - Surgery Time

Anyway, after washing myself up for the last time in days to come, I head to dr nara's to begin my surgery around 6pm. I did not have to wait long. Once you are there, you will have a mini consultation with dr nara. This is the time you tell him of what you want and what you expect. He is really soft spoken but somehow, you feel like you will be in good hands.

You would then be told to wear a surgical robe, wear a shower cap and wash your face with their facial social and up your nose-strils.

Minutes later, you will be in the operating theatre with your hands strapped to the side of the bed. Not as scary as it sound. It is probably to prevent you from touching your face during surgery. The nurse would then use a solution which I think is iodine? to cleanse your face and up your nose strils again for the last time. Dr nara will then make markings on the silicon implant and sculpt it accordingly. Mine is a L-shaped implant.

Anesthetic would then be inserted by a needle through the veins in your hand. It feels like ant bite, totally bearable. The next thing you know, the surgery is done and you are awake, though you still can't feel any pain.

I woke up after my rhinoplasty and alarplasty surgery but was there to witness my otoplasty surgery. There wasn't any pain at all so I was really cooperative. Dr nara unbuckle the tie on my hands and I turned my body so he could cut my ears properly. Sounds really brave uh.

Shortly after, the surgery was done at 9pm + and I had gauzes on the stitches at my alars and ears. The nurses kept asking if I was ok and I didn't understand the big fuss until 3 days later when I read through the forum again and saw some people have difficult time cooping with the after effects of anesthetic after surgery. I felt really fine and even took a motorcycle back to the hotel by myself. Guess I was lucky nothing happened.

I had a hard time falling asleep that time after the anesthetic wore off because I could feel the swells. I also didn't manage to have any dinner.

Day 1 - First day post surgery

Forum posters were not kidding when they say you look like the character from avatar. I do indeed look like them and I was horrified. I do not look anything like my old self and I think my own mother wouldn't recognize me. The swelling was a lot worst than the day of surgery. It was very depressing and i doubted my decision of surgery. I looked so much better previously. I avoided the mirrors and took my antibiotics religiously. I did not have any supplement like sinnech with me. I just clean my stitches around my alars with the saline solution given to me over and over again to prevent infections. You will need more cotton buds than the few the nurse give, so do prepare more. I slept a little better.

Day 2 - Second day post surgery

The swelling went down by just a little but I still look like avatar. Again, took my antibiotics and cleanse the stitches with the solution. Still as depressing. I didn't dare to get out of my hotel room. I refused room service and ordered delivery from the hotel menu. When the delivery man came, I would wore my cap and look down so he couldn't see that he is delivering to an avatar. I avoided all seafood but did have chicken. I guess chicken is safe. Sleeping was getting easier.

Day 3 - Third day post surgery

The swelling went down again but this time, it spread to my cheeks. Now I just look like a chubby avatar. That was the most depressing day of all. There was swelling all over - my nose, my eyes (which made me look like I have horrendous dark circles), my cheeks and of course my ears.

Same thing with the cleansing and antibiotics. I also took out the gauze from behind of my ears and went to bathe and wash my face. I really could not take the oiliness building up on my face. My nose feels very rough and there is like white heads forming. Urghhh. I was very careful while washing my face though. After washing, I clean my stitches with the saline solution again just to be on the safe side. ( I am afraid of bacteria from the bathing water. )

Also super thankful for the wifi and the shows i brought over from SG to kill time here. There really isn't anything to do in hatyai. Avoided meeting people also. So no room service and same old delivery from hotel menu. Getting sick of the food. Really limited choice.

Day 4 - Four day post surgery

Today is day four post surgery and I am feeling so much better already. The swelling is still visible but not as bad, cheek is still swollen. I dont look like avatar but more like a hamster that had a bad nose accident. My ears are looking much better just a tad reddish. I really like my ears now, they look sooooo not dumbo the elephant-ish. There is yellow bruising across the area of my eyes and the nose bridge. It is still very swollen. My nose tip is still very swollen as well but I do not feel any pain at the alar areas anymore.

I manage to head out to centara tops market to shop for pineapple juice (finally) and for breakfast at lee gardens. I hid my hideous face under my cap and I really just shunned any eye contact especially children's. I feel like I will frighten them :? .

Heard that pineapple juice will head in reducing the swelling and I really want the swell to go away mostly by the 7th post surgery day because that's when i will be back in singapore and that's when my family member will see me.

I am really afraid of the outcome of the surgery. The area between my eyebrows and eyes are high up (I kinda look like a bird?) Wonder if that is the final shape? I really hope it is just the swelling and will go away in time to come? I went to the surgery to be a better looking human and not to become a human bird :-|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright! Shall update again few days later to track my progress and hope it will help others that will be soon going through their 'transition' :D