Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:10 pm

DMN wrote:
tanjhj wrote: rib bones from nose can still warp within 1st year, usually. if not lesser chance of warping after that. another problem is huge self absortion faced by some ppl only. every surgery and procedures has risk involved it depends on the self, luck and also the skill of the doctors

i think can check dr jung website about his stuides on rib bone rhinoplasty

Warping of costal cartilage - autologous cartilage
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1
occur
Keloids from harvesting bone for rhino?
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Hi!

Where did you research tt warping can occur within a year? Iwas thinking what you wrote may be valid on warping chances - as in this 1 year term....

I went thru Dr. Jung's site and those cases you posted, none said the year term. The example above is warping within 3 weeks.

there is one saw it before, maybe u can asked for archive

Then I search high and low in the internet. Like most papers I read including this by David W. Kim, MD; Anil R. Shah, MD; Dean M. Toriumi, MD - NONE specify term of warping.
http://archfaci.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/8/1/42

yes warping now well discussed but read alot woth pics of warping in dr jung's website. search it again.

Tho this paper is only one repeatedly mentioning weeks NOT months ler.... Thus, please advise where did this 1 year term come from. THANKS!

BTW, Keloid also develop within weeks not months.

i never mentioned keloids be formed after months. it is quite normal to know that it can develop within weeks and grow bigger within months.

I am just trying to clear my worries cos am too busy to go for any revision. Plus, I really like my nose now within one week from my op with Dr. Hsu! Gross to say, but...it is a better 'model'. :-)

Thanks lots.

As long you trust the dr and he is responsible, go ahead. u areadi show that u made up ur mind in your postings. now is just luck

++++

To others going to Dr. Hsu,

Please can you go to those pages where Hello84 (how are you?), La Vie En Rose and myself describe our experiences? Been getting quite a few PMs and they are all same qns. We clearly gave guides on how to get there, hotels, and food. Also, Dr. Hsu is another source for yr prep.

My 2 Rhino experience tells me - if I am prepared to do Rhino in foreign lands...then a little research does no harm to find the best comfort for myself, esp for immediate post-operative days. For me, it is abt taking ownership of the Risk & Rewards.

Good Luck! Dun worry, you will be in good hands. :-)

cheers,
DMN
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

scarred

Re: scars

Post by scarred » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:22 pm

babyangel wrote:Hi,

why dont you make an appt n visit SGH 1st with any of the plastic surgeons?

Cos understand they hv a Burns Dept n maybe they cud see your case 1st?

Cos at least SGH wud be much cheaper than the private surgeons, i suppose. Unless you feel more comfy with a particular pte surgeon, you may wish to just check it out 1st.

Cheers. :)

I have been to the SGH for a consultation a few months ago but they told me there was nothing much they can do about the scars as they are already very old. I don't know if it is wise to get a second opinion? :(

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Re: scars

Post by babyangel » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 1:53 am

Yes, i think it is important to get a 2nd opinion, if not a 3rd opinion.

What about those scar patches? hv you tried any of them & did it work in any way? You know those gel like patch thing which you put on the scars.

Otherwise, wud think that it is absolutely necessary to get a 2nd opinion or a 3rd opinion. Did you check out with the local surgeons? Or maybe email to them?

scarred wrote:
babyangel wrote:Hi,

why dont you make an appt n visit SGH 1st with any of the plastic surgeons?

Cos understand they hv a Burns Dept n maybe they cud see your case 1st?

Cos at least SGH wud be much cheaper than the private surgeons, i suppose. Unless you feel more comfy with a particular pte surgeon, you may wish to just check it out 1st.

Cheers. :)

I have been to the SGH for a consultation a few months ago but they told me there was nothing much they can do about the scars as they are already very old. I don't know if it is wise to get a second opinion? :(

babyangel
Regular
Regular

rhinoplasty

Post by babyangel » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 1:59 am

Hi shoe-gal,

i read some of the reviews here & articles that goretex is usually not advisable. Cos they hv kind of holes on it n when you hv the goretex inside your nose, your cells, fibres, etc wud grow over it n thru the holes. If the rhinoplasty turns out not to be satisfactory n you wanna remove it. it is very difficult to be removed n heard that some surgeons are not keen to do the job of removal esp if it has been inside for sometime.

I believe in SIngapore, most of the plastic surgeons use Silicon implants instead of goretex as it is easy to put in n remove. I hv consulted quite alot of the popular local surgeons before n so far, i dont hear any of them using goretex. I think goretex is probably more widely used in countries like Korea, Taiwan, etc.

btw, were you the one who mentioned that you are thinking of visiting Dr Hsu? im trying to recall who were the few people that intend to visit Dr Hsu. If so, when do you plan to do it?

cheers. :)

shoe_girl wrote:Is it true that gortex takes longer to deswell and take shape than silicon? Does anyone know if it get compressed over time? What is the eventual height of a single 2mm layer of gortex after compression?

weeles

Post by weeles » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 5:31 am

Hi Ochtri17r,

what did u do with dr. chuang? was it only nose? and why don't u ask him for a revision?

Im planning to do my eyes n nose with him, but since u said yours turn out unnatural, I'm having my doubt.. hee hee

btw, orang indo juga ya? :)

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 9:21 am

im done nose and chin,chin i think is ok,but my nose quite failed lha.yoi,bu aq org indonesia,kmu?my plan to get revision if not from Dr.Wu in singapore my second opinion is Dr.Kao in taiwan.And maybe i will get revision on November or december this year.But before that i must search their good stories,because i dont want to take any problem again.

Hi babyangel,

Do you know about Dr.Kao?If you dont mind could u tell me what do you think between Dr.Kao and Dr.Hsu?
Thanks,

victorie

Post by victorie » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 8:53 pm

hi babyangel and scarred,
there are also certain decolourisations in my skin (black patches) that resulted from bruises when i was young. it's sorta like black colour patches on the skin and im looking to remove them. im not sure who should i consult..is it a dermatologist or?
thanks!

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by joop » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 9:12 pm

victorie wrote:hi babyangel and scarred,
there are also certain decolourisations in my skin (black patches) that resulted from bruises when i was young. it's sorta like black colour patches on the skin and im looking to remove them. im not sure who should i consult..is it a dermatologist or?
thanks!
Try rubbing with lemon..? :)
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 2:41 am

Hi ochtri17r,

i think its best to consult dr chuang 1st because if im not wrong, i think he provides a free revision. If not, alternative choice you may want to go to dr hsu..because hes uses our own rib or ear cartilage to do the rhino.

ochtri17r wrote:im done nose and chin,chin i think is ok,but my nose quite failed lha.yoi,bu aq org indonesia,kmu?my plan to get revision if not from Dr.Wu in singapore my second opinion is Dr.Kao in taiwan.And maybe i will get revision on November or december this year.But before that i must search their good stories,because i dont want to take any problem again.

Hi babyangel,

Do you know about Dr.Kao?If you dont mind could u tell me what do you think between Dr.Kao and Dr.Hsu?
Thanks,

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:14 am

appletree wrote:Hi ochtri17r,

i think its best to consult dr chuang 1st because if im not wrong, i think he provides a free revision. If not, alternative choice you may want to go to dr hsu..because hes uses our own rib or ear cartilage to do the rhino.

ochtri17r wrote:im done nose and chin,chin i think is ok,but my nose quite failed lha.yoi,bu aq org indonesia,kmu?my plan to get revision if not from Dr.Wu in singapore my second opinion is Dr.Kao in taiwan.And maybe i will get revision on November or december this year.But before that i must search their good stories,because i dont want to take any problem again.

Hi babyangel,

Thanks,

Hi appletree,i have got the revision with dr.C,but that is my condition,so this will be the second revision Dr.Kao said to me i have to do the second rhinoplasty but i stiil dont know abt Dr.Kao stories,What do u think about between Dr.Kao and Dr.hsu ?who is more beter?
thanks

shoe_girl

Re: rhinoplasty

Post by shoe_girl » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks for the info babyangel, but no im not considering dr hsu. Yeah seems theres different opinons on gortex, cause some docs say its pretty simple to remove.

But does anyone know how high a single layer of gortex is? And does it compress over time?
babyangel wrote:Hi shoe-gal,

i read some of the reviews here & articles that goretex is usually not advisable. Cos they hv kind of holes on it n when you hv the goretex inside your nose, your cells, fibres, etc wud grow over it n thru the holes. If the rhinoplasty turns out not to be satisfactory n you wanna remove it. it is very difficult to be removed n heard that some surgeons are not keen to do the job of removal esp if it has been inside for sometime.

I believe in SIngapore, most of the plastic surgeons use Silicon implants instead of goretex as it is easy to put in n remove. I hv consulted quite alot of the popular local surgeons before n so far, i dont hear any of them using goretex. I think goretex is probably more widely used in countries like Korea, Taiwan, etc.

btw, were you the one who mentioned that you are thinking of visiting Dr Hsu? im trying to recall who were the few people that intend to visit Dr Hsu. If so, when do you plan to do it?

cheers. :)

shoe_girl wrote:Is it true that gortex takes longer to deswell and take shape than silicon? Does anyone know if it get compressed over time? What is the eventual height of a single 2mm layer of gortex after compression?

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun777 » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:21 pm

Pics have been deleted.

appletree wrote:Hi there,

I've been a silences reader of your post too.. kind of interesting for me to pass my time. However, i would suggest that you private pm those "some forumers" or send them your pictures through emails or something...because by posting through forum, the whole world now knows how you look like and if we happens to see you on the road, we will know who you are, gosh... its for your own good ya, its better to have some privacy in life and low profile.
And also, did you do lipo with dr wu on your face...cos it looks kind of sunken than the previous photos that you last posted in the past.?? No offences though..
mintgirl wrote:johan don't be an arse. What you said really showed your maturity. If you don't agree with what shiyun says, ignore it, or say it in a nice way.
Oh and about coloured lenses, you've been living under a rock? EVERYBODY wears coloured lenses now.

God ppl these days, I suggest putting yourself in her shoes before you make those remarks. Think how you'll feel if I said you looked fcked up, and even some major RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery couldn't save you from your disgusting appearance.
johanxxxx wrote:thats the best way of preventing her from posting her pics etc on this thread!

couldnt stand her going on and on about the animal cartilage as well as her refined or hybrid ( kept mentioned abt her mixed parentage ) look.

shall i eat animal or horse penis if i wanna have a big or longer dick?

lets stop these non-sense now...all i wanna know is about plasty in overseas. thats the best way of preventing her from posting her pics etc on this thread!
johanxxxx wrote:i am glad .....finally some1 has come up and made this so-called or self-called hybrid ( japanese or chinese crossed breed or whatever breed she claims ) understood this is a thread for ppl who wanna know abt plasty surgeries in overseas!

p/s she looks more like a dog+animal hybrid. hehe.....i would believe whatever she has told, if she looks nice in her pics........my god, who wear those coloured lens these days ( looks damn phony !! ) plus her unshaved armpits.....is a NO NO!
Last edited by Shiyun777 on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is a matter of the providence will

fushioncherry

Post by fushioncherry » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:30 pm

If i'm not wrong there is a reader here by the nickname of Pern P,

How's your nose getting now? Are you satisfied with it? Would you like to share with us? Because used to read that you would upload your pics here, but so far yet to see.

If not, maybe you would like to pm me. Thank you.

osaka1002

Post by osaka1002 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 9:31 am

sorry

I don't think eat animal's cartilage will help to build your nose cartilage
our nose cartilage is full developed after 18 years.

If eating animal cartilage can build your nose cartilage
how about your ear cartilage? rib cartilage? joint cartilage?
will they all grow up at the same time?

It's a wrong idea
you can ask any doctor if eat animal cartilage will help to build your nose
I don't think so

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun777 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:45 am

I've consulted a nutritionist on that and it's confirmed that the body does build up itself and grow throughout the stages of our life.

We are made up by what we eat. Take for e.g if anyone has injured their cartilage or have inflammation, what will Dr. prescribe for them? GSM.
GSM will eventually help that part to heal, to recover and buildup.

And of course, do not get yr ans from generally cosmetic surgeon, a cosmetic surgeon specialize more on re-making, re-moulding the external facade rather than understandly deeply about physiology.

I've always found what's deeper beyond the external body structures fascinating. The body has an amazing ability to heal and reconstruct by itself which many don't know and most often, if they are gullible & naive enough, they short cut with surgery and seemingly in the healthcare sectors, there will be some docs whom will grant you for surgery easily.

The older generation are wiser and they certainly do not believe whatever docs tell them even if they are docs. What's the big deal with a title of a dr.? A doctor is trained to tell what they learn in medical school. And how many times are the result sucessful? If we are to conduct a national survey on the no. of surgeries turned bad/complicated leaving more problems, and see all the hell and suffering which a patient has to go through post surgery, you will never treat the words of docs 'godlike' i.e infallible.

Personally I had witnessed these in people where my bf's friend from America points out - even in America, sad cases do exist and it really is sad to see them suffered even more after surgery and the docs just never get penalized and they continue in their practice. They will talk their way out even with patient's misfortune post surgery and never take the blame. Many people can't do anything to these doc or get any better from the doc to how they used to be before & have to suffer with the even more complicated conditions instead, ain't this misfortune to them coupled with a blow to the mind? and given their vexed and 'bruised' conditions, how many will have the spirit to persist a legal fight ? Even with trying to sue the docs, the compensation they get is only minimal to the physical trauma and mental trauma they had to go through. My bf's friend work as a private nurse in America and had seen many cases.

And here in sg, if such misfortunes ever occured, I think the most is only to feedback the Medical Advisory Board. They will certainly take note from there. Personally I think there's No point suing the doc as it seems they don't get penalized even in cases of patient's death. Read the news and you will see. a few had been published in the Straits Times before, patient dying after liposuction, patient dying after the GP had dismissed them from polyclinics , patients dying from misdiagnosis.

Ain't there a recent TVbroadcasting on the dangers of botox injection this year>? That it can actually affect breathing and is a procedure which should not be done as often ?

Ask yourself with true conscience, does these patients deserve to suffer like that while the doc, being much higher in status & education, got away with his error/misjudgments/mis-diagnosis? Do you know per year how many surgeries gone bad in Sg or in America? Wake up, all these will never be transparently declared and published. And stop thinking that the words of docs are highly valuable and trustworthy. Even until today, many doctors do not have complete knowledge on the human body, so what makes their opinions a deemed 'absolute' ?

In my network, there are many nurses I know and they too agree that the right diet can do wonders. A nurse I know, will gallstones infection and growth did not listen to the doc's advise to go 4 surgery, and through patience with diet, her episode of gallstones infection healed thoroughly , even the doc are amazed with the recovery just by food after a later stage of examnination.

trust me, I have tons of medical books on human anatomy and physiology and come from food and nutrition background. It has occured to me either some docs just treat patients as 'pawns for profits' or they indeed do not have as much knowledge on physiology (the functional aspect of the human body) as those who are serving the goals of health and medicine.
Last edited by Shiyun777 on Fri, 13 Jun 2008 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beauty is a matter of the providence will