Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: thinning of nose wings.

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 5:08 pm

sarahlee wrote:have anyone had the sides of their nose thinned?
i went to consult 2 doc and they told me alarplasty is not possible because my nostrils are too small, however i would like to reduce the fleshiness of the sides of my nose

does anyone has a photo that i can see how it looks like or something? thanks in advance
You can opt for alar via the inside where they do incision on the inside rather than on the nostril. however result is not guaranteed. would not suggest local or jb doc as i dun see any good result of nose done here or at JB.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 5:12 pm

FlyingMice wrote:im intending of doing my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu at mid of this year. Im looking for accompany. Please pm me if any of you are interested. =)
frankly speaking, i have yet to see any photos of nice nose job by dr hsu even from those on his website. however must be fair to dr hsu as i did not see any photos from this forum's forumer.

his plus point maybe will be using natural own bone for implant rather than silicone or goretex. however i have not see a very nice nose thou some of his nose jobs are more naturals but cant see the difference.
some may like it some not. i would suggest u think twice b4 going.
Golden Rules of PS:

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:27 pm

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:45 pm

tanjhj wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:im intending of doing my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu at mid of this year. Im looking for accompany. Please pm me if any of you are interested. =)
frankly speaking, i have yet to see any photos of nice nose job by dr hsu even from those on his website. however must be fair to dr hsu as i did not see any photos from this forum's forumer.

his plus point maybe will be using natural own bone for implant rather than silicone or goretex. however i have not see a very nice nose thou some of his nose jobs are more naturals but cant see the difference.
Hi tanjhj,

You are right to say that his work is very natural, but FG TW always praise him for his works..wierd right?

Im just thinking it could be wad those patients wanted? Or they didnt tell him properly wad they wanted. Or they prefer natural noses in Taiwan.
Expectations always differ from places to places; or rather people to people.

I read fr the FG forum in TW that they DONT bring pics or wadsoever b4 they go for surgeries..even for face bone surgeries..i was soooo surprised!
They simply leave it to the doctors!

Although i havent went to him, but i have been sending the noses i want to him.. :P
I told him i dun need something too natural, and when i persisted, he told me he can do something close to it..but cant use ear cartilage..have to use rib. He told me to use ear cartilage at first.

There are many reasons why he doesnt want to use ribs as 1st choice..
1stly is 1 more scar, then it's the healing process at the rib area...

Thus from my exchanges of email with him, i feel communication is very important...

Flying mice,
you might want to confirm with Dr Hsu if he can give u wad he wants?

But Dr Hsu is really a doctor who cares more for the patient than earning money..if not he wouldnt keep telling me to do my face shape 1st then nose..haahha..then i got La Vie En Rose to check with him for me why he dont want to do my nose 1st, then he told her he finds my nose ok n hopes i can change my mind aft shaving my face..then i dont have to go under the knife twice! He says that once my face is smaller, my nose would look more defined and i might change my mind!

And he commented my face is bigger than usual people, & nose is in harmony with the face shape as well...if i change the face shape too much then the nose he gave me might not be a good fit.

How nice is that?

It's just my 2 cents worth of sharing!

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:10 pm

wow, this site is impresive, i learn a lot from here.

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:14 pm

have anyone got the nose done in Korea in here. I had my nose done before but very unhappy. I need a redo. Any experience? I'd love to hear.

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 8:03 pm

Hi everyone, I'm planning to get lower blehpharaplasty (lower eyebag removal) next month and I'm still thinking should I do it locally or overseas? I wanted to do with WW in SG, but I think his price is a little too exorbitant. I don't know if I could trust Singapore National Eyecentre to do a fantastic job either. So, I'm planning to go Korea to get it done. Please, somebody, anybody, if you have had such experiences of this surgery before, could you please advice me which doctor to go to? I'm thinking Dr Jung from Korea but his website has only rhinoplasty photos, then Dr Kim from BKClinic, but many of others in this forum used to complaint bout his after-care and his lack of concern. Need help!! Thanks so much!

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 2:46 am

kalyn: i read yr pm but thot it benefits others who may be interested to go to Dr. Jung for lower blehpharaplasty to answer yr qn here.

I think Dr. Jung did a very good job for my lower blepharplasty. My lower eye bags are gone. It has been 7 months and they hv not come back. If you are going to him for rhinoplasty revision then it is a good choice. Otherwise, it may be too costly considering you need to fly over to Korea and pay abt USD2K. There should be other docs in Spore or Taipei who can do the same job or wherever you are based.

Actually, lower bleparplasty is not a complicated procedure. I rgret not doing it early cos i did fillers before and they cld never yield same result. The fillers just filled the unevenness and last between 6-12 mths. In long run, I spent more money on fillers due to reluctance to solve the problem surgically. Also, each injection's result is not consistent. Lower blepharplasty allows a small amount of my fats to be removed and re-distributed evenly permanently until wear-and-tear a.aka aging introduced the bags again.

Mine was done from under the lid so there is no external stitching. Bruised for a few days and that was my only discomfort.

I wld surely recommend ppl with eye bags problem to sort surgical blepharplasty VS fillers (as soon as you think your eyebags are too obvious to be concealed using cosmetics.) Having eyebags for too long does cause our skin to loosen and if it is drag too long then a bigger eye bag will tend to require external stitching to remove sagged skin and increase the chance of deep wrinkles to stay.

Some of my early 30s friend who partied too much had to do external stitching and the skin's appearance after is quite diff from mine despite me being some years older. We notice their deeper wrinkles stayed after op. While, I did not hv deep wrinkles to start with, whatever apparent wrinkles I had was gone with the op leaving very fine wrinkles - acceptable for my age.

hope this is clear and helps.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 3:18 am

tanjhj wrote:frankly speaking, i have yet to see any photos of nice nose job by dr hsu even from those on his website. however must be fair to dr hsu as i did not see any photos from this forum's forumer.

tannhji: I think your comments in context is fair considering you do not seem to like natural effect.

after 2 rhinoplasty, i think i know abt the gap between expectations and achievable result....every nose is really different. also, all of us hv different starting point and expectations.

one thing for sure, i never see any photos from any doc who can change a flat and short nose with thick/broad/hanging alar and thick skin totally around. e.g. the Asian girl in Toriumi's website. what the doc did was an exception job! but if she had all the negative starting attributes described above - i doubt even dr. Toriumi can give such dramatic effect. if you have seen any photos, pls do post here.

i hv rcvd some pm from forum member who are young and hv very high expectations despite having a few of these negative attributes. my worry is they are going to be disappointed no matter who operate on them.

i am recovering well and still pleased with my revision from dr. Hsu. No, for sure i am not going to hv a beautiful nose but i m geting a better looking nose from where i started and it is more ideal in Mian Xiang - nearing my expectations. possibly minor revision later to close the gap. but perfect nose? nope. i am not going to dream abt it.

cheers,

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:33 pm

Hi DMN,

After what you said and reading the books on mian xiang, I think you could be right! People with bony noses are definitely less openly affectionate than people with rounder fleshier noses. And those KTV girls and some of the mistress types i see have the same nose too. And they dont have a high bridge?

But i recently saw this very well dressed (expensively decked) woman with a really small, extremely bony nose in her 30s spending a large sum of money... can we read them all this way? =P

How about a large bony nose? with a moderately high bridge? I also saw this female of around the same age of mixed parentage..perhaps some slight pakistani parentage or malay...

:D

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 1:30 pm

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

sarahlee

Re: thinning of nose wings.

Post by sarahlee » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 5:02 pm

tanjhj wrote:
sarahlee wrote:have anyone had the sides of their nose thinned?
i went to consult 2 doc and they told me alarplasty is not possible because my nostrils are too small, however i would like to reduce the fleshiness of the sides of my nose

does anyone has a photo that i can see how it looks like or something? thanks in advance
You can opt for alar via the inside where they do incision on the inside rather than on the nostril. however result is not guaranteed. would not suggest local or jb doc as i dun see any good result of nose done here or at JB.

thanks for the info. i actually consulted dr wong, and he told me he can trim the thickness of my nose wings. but i dun see how is that going to help with the fleshiness??? :o

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 11:47 pm

kalyn wrote:Hi everyone, I'm planning to get lower blehpharaplasty (lower eyebag removal) next month and I'm still thinking should I do it locally or overseas? I wanted to do with WW in SG, but I think his price is a little too exorbitant. I don't know if I could trust Singapore National Eyecentre to do a fantastic job either. So, I'm planning to go Korea to get it done. Please, somebody, anybody, if you have had such experiences of this surgery before, could you please advice me which doctor to go to? I'm thinking Dr Jung from Korea but his website has only rhinoplasty photos, then Dr Kim from BKClinic, but many of others in this forum used to complaint bout his after-care and his lack of concern. Need help!! Thanks so much!
go to dr wong of gleneagle. he is the most famous eyelid doc for ladies in Singapore. go to him, your risk is lower

I like this korean actress nose the best. well made and good job by the doc. not fakish looking. Her name is han hye jin
either that or she is the only 1 of the 2 natural beauty is korean drama

up to now i still wonder which implant she used..

http://www.rukorean.com/terms/han_hye_jin

http://www.rukorean.com/terms/han_hye_jin?page=1
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 1:06 am

DMN wrote:
tanjhj wrote:frankly speaking, i have yet to see any photos of nice nose job by dr hsu even from those on his website. however must be fair to dr hsu as i did not see any photos from this forum's forumer.

tannhji: I think your comments in context is fair considering you do not seem to like natural effect.

after 2 rhinoplasty, i think i know abt the gap between expectations and achievable result....every nose is really different. also, all of us hv different starting point and expectations.

cheers,
i am ok with natural looking. but for some case the natural looking is like machiam never do like that..
Golden Rules of PS:

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Perception & Attitude

Post by kwelll » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 9:01 am

Hi All,

Having recently read the back-logged of posts (few weeks), I noticed the same old topics keep repeating itself.

Personally, having had a few rhinoplasties all done by different surgeons, I`ve realised even more that the value of realistic expection and achieveable expectation. You can be realistic yet unachievable in the nose you WANT. Likewise, you can be realistic and know the nose you WANT is achievable with the most skillful of hands, with experience and flair for art, beauty and balance. I say if s/he can talk the talk, the same goes for walking the walking, within limits, especially prior to surgery during consultation/s.

I`ve been fortunate that what other surgeons cannot (claimed ignorance or unachievable) do, I found it in another surgeon with patience, skill & professionalism. This only consolidated my observations even more to a greater height with precision.

I also know of actual people who have had surgery with the surgeon of choice after much deliberation (some took years) and thought it was the result they wanted, only to find themselves on the operating table (same or otherwise) again. So, my point is plain & simple- one cannot be so sure and pls let time be the reputation of the work done both for the surgeon and the patient. Age is only a number, it is the mentality and attitude (reflection of the mind) that would partly determine your satisfaction on the road to cosmetic surgery.

I say if you want it badly enough and KNOW it, it is quite achieveable within the limitations of every surgery out there. You just have to find an honest and passionate surgeon, hopefully who shares the same ideals with you and turn on the heat. One cannot do it all and win everytime- it takes time and reflection to make good. You must have the stomach to 'fight' for what you want without compromising honesty and integrity.

Finally, whatever floats your boat, row on with a clear vision. All the best!

Just my honest sincere opinion. Switch my soap box off, for now:)

Kwell