Hi la vie en rose,la vie en rose wrote:Hi Theface,
Well my surgery story is quite long. It will be difficult for me in English, I try…
I was born with small tip, no bridge. 3 years ago, after a business trip in Seoul, I took an address from my Korean colleague (She did nose and chin, she looked good) and did my first surgery at Reborn clinic (I thought it was the only and last one). I chose 3mm I shape silicone as I wanted to look natural.
2 weeks after I received a punch on my face (it was an accident), as the implant moved on one side, I flew back to Seoul. The doctor had the kindness to redo surgery for me. However few months after, my nose was a little deviated, then more and more, then my tip was white, then red…As the doctor has never answered to my mails, I wrote to other doctors, they told me that my L shape implant had moved and the skin of my tip was damaged . What a bad surprise! The doctor changed the implant to a L shape in the 2sd surgery without asking my opinion and I still don't understand why he did so?!
After a lot of research, in July this year, I did revision in BK Clinic, Seoul. Reasons why I chose Dr. Kim:
1) Technically speaking, he must be good, his business is so good, so many patients
2) He has a clinic in Shanghai, he comes there every 2 weeks for surgery, easier for follow up in case of need.
I chose gore-tex and I wanted the same height (final result) as the previous surgery.
5 weeks after the surgery my nose suddenly stopped swelling, I was so disappointed to see in the mirror:
1) A big tip with a very low bridge
2) There is always a white shadow on top of the bridge (between 2 eyes) under the light
3) View from left side under the light: there is a white shadow line along the bridge. The implant can be see through the skin on the picture
4) When I get closer to the mirror I can see a hollow line on the bridge at the eye level. When I touch it, I can feel there are 2 implants. On the right side, they are not well attached and I can feel a small hole. The left side is well attached and is higher than the right side.
5) Since few weeks, I sneeze every morning and have a running nose at night. I don’t know whether it’s because of gore-tex.
I sent pictures to Dr. Kim and asked him question about the above. He didn’t answer to the questions, he just said that, my nose was not too big, not too small and I didn’t have infection, so he refused to redo surgery for me!
I kept on send him my pictures every week (goretex reduced every week), at the end, 2 weeks ago, he invited me to fly to Korea for the revision. As I insisted to do it in Shanghai, he refused the revision again. Actually, I suspect that he was not the one to do the surgery for me. You know, the day of the surgery, after the consultation, I was accompanied by a nurse to the surgery room and had never seen him again. After the surgery, I saw another young Korean doctor in the room, preparing medicine for me. And during the week of my stay in Seoul, every day I went to his clinic to clean my nose, there were so many patients at different time… it’s really impossible to make surgery to so many patients by one doctor.
Well this is my story with 2 Korean doctors. I really don’t know where and how to find a good doctor????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way Dr Hsu told me he is fully booked in December. I asked him whether it will be possible on January the 30th.
Still don’t receive answer from dr. Jung, I have just left a message on his online consultation. Can I still trust Korean doctor?
Sorry to hear about your experience.
Now it just adds another bad comment to the BK clinic. There's already been quite some complaints about their attitude and "production" mentality of the doctors. Like they rush you in and out....
About running nose from goretex.. have not heard of such side effects.
I hope you'd find the right doctor for you soon.... Good luck