Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Trax

Post by Trax » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 4:04 pm

I've decided to do cosmetic surgery at Bangkok, veneers probably there too. Could both be done within a week's time in Bangkok? Is it cheaper and more reliable to do veneers in Bangkok? If so, which places to do veneers in Bangkok?

I understand lasik requires each eye to be done afew weeks apart and follow-ups a month later. Singapore National Eye Centre's relatively cheap and safe; but are there any other places, say in Johore, that's cheaper and equally or even more reliable?

As to doing lasik, veneers and cosmetic surgery on my face, which is the safest order that I should be doing these operations?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 5:40 pm

It is either PS 1st before the other two or PS last.. try not to do them together.. Veneer i believe is part of dentistry can be done 1st follow up by PS at the same day, as u need to see the PS for final consultation on the 7th day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lk_xD_0wPg

this vid will tell u what lasik doctor dun tell u. also why lasik doc dun do lasik..

if want to do lasik only do Zyoptix Aspheric Lasik
which is in spore only. it wont alter ur cornea natural shape thus no side effect like other type of lasik...
Last edited by tanjhj on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devilsmaycry
Regular
Regular

Post by devilsmaycry » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 5:51 pm

ya i think natural looking is quite important to me lei..
cos already now ppl think i have plastic surgery done.
anyhows, fixing the eyes n nose is quite common.. tsk tsk..

breast not doing yet.. still scared scared..

is ocean11 doing cutting method.. i think might be the korean mini incision.. does that swell as well.. cos i am either doing this or the traditional method, whichever is more permanent.. stitching sounds like it doesnt last.. i dun want to keep doing it lei..

jovinliu wrote:Wahhhhhh *INSPIRATION* ah! :P

Errrrrrr, when and where did you see me before? Aiyah can come up and talk to me mah, i don't look that fierce right?

Yup 1 reason i keep promoting PS in Taiwan is because they always go for natural look... friends will notice you look different but don't know what's the difference.

I agree with tanjhj about the "if it aren't broken, don't fix it" philosophy. Fix the minimum (face and body), the rest (attitude, the way you carry yourself etc) will naturally come from within. If you don't even love yourself, don't expect people to love you. Think positive try to be happy, this will reflect into your environment as well. This is the "Cause and Effect" rule :)

/Jovin

devilsmaycry wrote:u are my inspiration jovin =) been missing in forum for a while until past few days! was waiting for u to post again ~

but yes i think the same as u.. i will also be saving up a sum of money for facelift, brow lift, IPL, laser botox etc whatever keeps me going .. whatever keeps me happy

U look very good as well and i think i have seen u in person before haha cannot tell done anything at all.. very nice :)
jovinliu wrote:Yo PS-buddy! Why you want to do eyes again? The current one not nice ah? Yah yah age gracefully.... fat hope man. I am setting aside a sum of money for facelift lah, IPL lah blah blah blah! No way i am going to age gracefully, or rather, I do not want to age gracefully. I want to preserve my youth, just like preserving salted egg lah, century egg lah etc etc etc... hee.

/Jovin
plastic beauty.. so what about it.. u can be one too ~

devilsmaycry
Regular
Regular

Post by devilsmaycry » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 6:25 pm

15 more days u know..
i know initial few days post op very gross looking huh.. cos got cut.. although 3 cuts only
man.. i wonder how bad it will be..
and cannot cry right..
if i turn ugly i sure cry until zhou tou one loh..

excited.. and i am going to share the pain and gory details okie..
pics or not.. have to see.. if v puffy n kelian.. i will post lah.. then all of u can sympathise and emphathise with me.. :???:
plastic beauty.. so what about it.. u can be one too ~

sunkissed

healing time!

Post by sunkissed » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 7:13 pm

thanks for the reply. =) but the place of surgery is too far for me! =+
also. i came accross this website http://www.drmeronk.com that provides a lot of information regarding eyelid surgery. also specifically asian eyelids.! however, the picture they show for the healing period looks horrible! i'm kinda scared! and how long will it roughly take for the swelling and redness to heal?
i am on a tight budget, so i would like to know how much would the cost be. anyone has any idea? the cost for operating bigger eyes as well as double eyelids..

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: healing time!

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 7:29 pm

sunkissed wrote:thanks for the reply. =) but the place of surgery is too far for me! =+
also. i came accross this website http://www.drmeronk.com that provides a lot of information regarding eyelid surgery. also specifically asian eyelids.! however, the picture they show for the healing period looks horrible! i'm kinda scared! and how long will it roughly take for the swelling and redness to heal?
i am on a tight budget, so i would like to know how much would the cost be. anyone has any idea? the cost for operating bigger eyes as well as double eyelids..
i understand what u want but i dun think u are able to do the eye enlargement surgery locally. double eyelid yes u can do it here.

local will be around sgd1400-3500 depending on doctors and technique used.

if u dun wan swelling that much u can go for stitching. however it is not perm and not everyone is suitable. if ur eyes is droppy and fatty, u cant do it.

if u want to have both perm and healing fast, u can to go to taiwan for korean mini incision - sgd1500 or locally done for $3500 at plastic and hand surgery clinic.

hello84
Regular
Regular

advise

Post by hello84 » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 8:32 pm

hi... i am a guy and i feel like having a nose job... can anyone giv mi any advise of any good ps doctor who are well train in nose job..?? thanx alot..:_

hello84
Regular
Regular

hmm

Post by hello84 » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 8:45 pm

ocean 11 can you recommand mi any good ps for nose.. i am tinking of doing my nose... any advise?? hmm anyway i am a guy ar.. so abit paisei..

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 1:24 am

yes cannot cry!!! no matter how, cannot cry!!! cos it will slow the healing time..

i only done the stitches only, about 6-8mths ago... but it doesnt really last long, although it beta deeper set den my last time one, but i think cos my age, can see abit excess skin droopy.. so got to do some thing liao..

Ya ya.. me oso very excited for u!! hehehe.. sure nice.. must show me hor.. :wink:

devilsmaycry wrote:15 more days u know..
i know initial few days post op very gross looking huh.. cos gomt cut.. although 3 cuts only
and cannot cry right..

pics or not.. have to see.. if v puffy n kelian.. i will post lah.. then all of u can sympathise and emphathise with me.. :???:

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hmm

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 1:35 am

boy, wat is there to be pai say??! now guys oso go for PS liao.. not a sin to look good..
why don u take a pic of urself and email to doc, see wat u really need to do..
as in for which clinic to go.. depend of ur budget.. cheap one thailand, cheap and good one taiwan, expensive and good one korean, not very cheap and not very good one Singapore.. :P
hello84 wrote:ocean 11 can you recommand mi any good ps for nose.. i am tinking of doing my nose... any advise?? hmm anyway i am a guy ar.. so abit paisei..

yca

Post by yca » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:44 am

i know initial few days post op very gross looking huh.. cos got cut.. although 3 cuts only
and cannot cry right..

Where are you going to do? What the costs?

yca

Post by yca » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:46 am

yca wrote:Hi, i like to ask those who have done their double eye-lid ps, do u all do it bcoz yr had single eye-lids? Bcoz i'm thinking of doing my eyes too to make my eyes look bigger & balanced, though i already had double eye-lids (natural one, nv did anything before). But the thing is one side is 'triple eye-lid' & the other side though is double, but not deep enough, (eg when theres makeup/eyesshadow, u cant see the bottom colour) and anyway, even when w/o makeup, as one side is double, the other side is 'triple' so my eyes always look one side is bigger than the other side. (like one big one small, though not very obivous, but it pay very close attention then can see) Anyone w the same problem? If already have double eye-lids, can still do it ? Will it be a waste of money? And will the tripple eye-lid effect still come back aft the surgery? What do u think? :wink:
Anyone wants to share? Got same situation? I still cant decide on this lei.

hello84
Regular
Regular

thanx

Post by hello84 » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 4:27 am

hmm.. ocean 11 thanz for your support.. hmm.. you got any msn or e_mail?? can i have yours so tat is more easy to talk with you ar.. still need to ask you somemore things ar.. thanx alot..:)

flymetothemoon
Regular
Regular

Post by flymetothemoon » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 5:15 am

i have thot abt veneer..but later dropped the idea..........dental veneer can be done in one visit(cheaper compared to Por. veneer)...but the porcelain veneer which is more stain-resistant and brittle(expensive) ,must be customised to that individual's teeth thus take more than jus one visit. thus its250USD/tooth.

if u jus go for veneer cos u wanna have permanent white teeth...den perhaps u muz think twice...cos Porcelain veneer is so brittle...u may not bite hard stuff..like ice, or nuts... if u crack it in a way or the other...have to repair it... so yea, more$! :cry:

if u jus want to hv white teeth(like me), just do laser whitening...thou not permanent, but if u adjust ur lifestyle a lil, can last for years...like no coffee..tea...etc.

yca

Post by yca » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 8:01 am

ocean11 wrote:yes cannot cry!!! no matter how, cannot cry!!! cos it will slow the healing time..

i only done the stitches only, about 6-8mths ago... but it doesnt really last long, although it beta deeper set den my last time one, but i think cos my age, can see abit excess skin droopy.. so got to do some thing liao..

Ya ya.. me oso very excited for u!! hehehe.. sure nice.. must show me hor.. :wink:

i know initial few days post op very gross looking huh.. cos gomt cut.. although 3 cuts only
and cannot cry right..

Hi, Ocean! Hav u confirm that u r gg to Taiwan already? When u decide to go and to see which Dr?