Singapore Expats

Agency to do Work Pass for Helper

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
kat.l

Agency to do Work Pass for Helper

Post by kat.l » Sun, 05 Sep 2021 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,

We are relocating soon and we are bringing our helper with us. I was told to apply for a work pass for her online but does anyone know of an agency that can help us with the paperwork and application.

We will handle the tickets, quarantine cost etc ourselves but just need to get her pass to be able to come over with us.

Thank you in advance

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Agency to do Work Pass for Helper

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Sep 2021 8:14 pm

Is she from an approved country?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kat.l

Post by kat.l » Mon, 06 Sep 2021 1:22 am

Yes, she's from the Philippines but she is currently residing with us in the UAE .

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Thu, 09 Sep 2021 3:51 pm

kat.l wrote:
Mon, 06 Sep 2021 1:22 am
Yes, she's from the Philippines but she is currently residing with us in the UAE .
We have had the same maid for 16 years and have a good guy that takes care of all the paperwork for us.

I will send you a PM.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

kat.l

Post by kat.l » Sat, 11 Sep 2021 7:43 pm

malcontent wrote:
Thu, 09 Sep 2021 3:51 pm
kat.l wrote:
Mon, 06 Sep 2021 1:22 am
We have had the same maid for 16 years and have a good guy that takes care of all the paperwork for us.

I will send you a PM.
Just replied on PM. Thank you soo much. We appreciate it

kat.l

Post by kat.l » Mon, 27 Sep 2021 3:12 pm

Hi everyone..

So we have had another set back .. Due to the pandemic and quarantine periods , we were unable to come to Singapore to look for houses pre move...

We will get rooms in a hotel for a month when we arrive in December/ January after the quarantine period so we can look around for houses.

Now, apparently for a work pass for a helper, we need a lease contract (prove of residence ) etc in order to get it approved in the first place and we can't do that because we have to all move and look for a place to stay. We cannot leave her alone in the UAE either while we go for a month and it really isn't fair to her to keep her hanging uncertain..

We are happy for her to stay with us in the hotel but apparently we still will not be able to apply for a work pass for her.

Does anyone know if it is possible in any way? If there is an email we can send to anyone regarding work passes etc or exceptions especially due to the unprecedented circumstances we are all in due to this pandemic/endemic?

Many thanks in advance!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:45 am

The only thing I can imagine doing would be to reach out to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), they are typically the governing body that overseas any and all employment queries and issues.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:28 pm

But a word to the wise. They probably will not do anything that could probably set a precedent that could come back to bite them in the butt. Forewarned is forearmed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers