Singapore Expats

FDW Direct Transfer application if rented unit is shared, but with separate bedroom and bathroom for maid

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
dvr12350

FDW Direct Transfer application if rented unit is shared, but with separate bedroom and bathroom for maid

Post by dvr12350 » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 7:03 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for the transfer helper / FDW (first time employer). We are expecting a baby in July, hence we are rushing with our application. My rented HDB unit has 3 bedrooms. Me and my wife are staying in one bedroom. Other bedroom is occupied by another male occupant, and one room is vacated starting this month.
I provided my Tenancy Agreement to MOM which has names of all 4 occupants. I provided the justification that one tenant has moved out and room is vacant for helper.
However, MOM has given the remark that the application can not go through if unit is shared.

My query:
- Is there any way I can tell MOM that the helper has separate bedroom and bathroom, and also she will be working for my family only and not for other occupant of our unit?
I have 7 days to provide supporting documents.

What are the best possible legal ways in this situation to get approval.

Appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: FDW Direct Transfer application if rented unit is shared, but with separate bedroom and bathroom for maid

Post by abbby » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 8:09 pm

I think MOM's concern is that the house shouldn't be shared and only solely for your own family?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

dvr12350

Re: FDW Direct Transfer application if rented unit is shared, but with separate bedroom and bathroom for maid

Post by dvr12350 » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 8:26 pm

Yes, might be. But if I can assure the safe accommodation and privacy to the helper and also assurance that she will only work for my family, is there a way how I can convince MOM?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 10:07 pm

They will not set precedences that will come back to bite them in the arse. Your are barking up the wrong tree and you are asking to be banned from having a maid as that is what they will do if you try to play by your own rules. Forewarned is forearmed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dvr12350

Post by dvr12350 » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 10:24 pm

Ultimately, the only valid option is to have a solely rented house by me for my family only.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 3:49 pm

Bingo!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 1:11 am

Exactly. Don’t bother trying to look for loopholes, you wont have any luck.