Singapore Expats Forum

Any friendly cricket teams?

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
Chachlani

Any friendly cricket teams?

Post by Chachlani » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:54 pm

Hi, moved to SG recently. Wonder if there is a chance for me to play cricket and meet new people? I live towards east coast.

deepsea13

Post by deepsea13 » Thu, 07 Jul 2011 3:22 am

You can try the Singapore Indian Association in Balestier Road. I went there and played a friendly match a couple of weeks back. It was basically a farewell match for someone but it was alright.

granator

Post by granator » Sat, 23 Jul 2011 1:18 pm

There are matches help regularly in SG, with a division-based league system. The season I believe usually starts off in Feb, not sure. Virtually every weekend there are players who can be seen practising in the nets at Ceylon Sports Club or at the cricket ground near Fernvale LRT station (these are only 2 places where I have played). Besides, there are corporate teams who take part and top 3 teams in every division move up a league and the bottom 3 teams move down. Check out your office team or just head down to one of these venues on a weekend. Cheers!

jaheerh

Re: Any friendly cricket teams?

Post by jaheerh » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 3:17 pm

Chachlani wrote:Hi, moved to SG recently. Wonder if there is a chance for me to play cricket and meet new people? I live towards east coast.
Since you said you live in the East, drop by Tampinese areas on weekends.Next to the tampinese interchange, on the open field, i have seen groups playing the game.... and yes you can always try the indian association in balestier road which near little india
No matter where you are, for the sake of loved ones, always plan againts adversities

vikan

Post by vikan » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 4:41 pm

Hi I'm pretty keen to be involved in any games as well, currently in singapore on a 3-month work assignment, and live in the dhoby ghaut area.

Is anyone aware of games being played around there on weekends?

warriors

contact 98500312 to join cricket club

Post by warriors » Fri, 19 Oct 2012 9:57 pm

contact 98500312 to join cricket club

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Any friendly cricket teams?

Post by kingajit » Tue, 08 Jan 2013 2:03 pm

Chachlani wrote:Hi, moved to SG recently. Wonder if there is a chance for me to play cricket and meet new people? I live towards east coast.
Hi Chaclani... Of late I have a seen cricket played during weekends on a weather protected turf at ECP. It's underarm bowling but looked like everyone was having a ball! Its well lit and they play there during the day and night. Sorry I cant help you with any further details but you could take a stroll along ECP closeby Burgerking and check it out.... cheers