Singapore Expats

PR Application - Problem

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
kbguards

PR Application - Problem

Post by kbguards » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 4:51 pm

[Delete]
Last edited by kbguards on Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 5:41 pm

SPR means she is a Singapore Permanent Resident. How can that be if she isn't living in Singapore permanently? You may be allowed to apply in HK without living in Singapore, but ICA will llikely reject it flat out. Unless your father is Li Ka-Shing or something.

kbguards

Post by kbguards » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 6:04 pm

[quote="zzm9980"]SPR means she is a Singapore Permanent Resident. How can that be if she isn't living in Singapore permanently? You may be allowed to apply in HK without living in Singapore, but ICA will llikely reject it flat out. Unless your father is Li Ka-Shing or something.[/quote]

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes, u are right. So that's mean I have to apply in sg.

Actually we plan to move to sg if she get the PR successfully. :)
But just worry about the chance due to the tighten immigration policy....

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 6:07 pm

kbguards wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:SPR means she is a Singapore Permanent Resident. How can that be if she isn't living in Singapore permanently? You may be allowed to apply in HK without living in Singapore, but ICA will llikely reject it flat out. Unless your father is Li Ka-Shing or something.

That'll get the keyboard warriors frothing at the mouth .........
Life is short, paddle harder!!

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 12:17 pm

kbguards wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:SPR means she is a Singapore Permanent Resident. How can that be if she isn't living in Singapore permanently? You may be allowed to apply in HK without living in Singapore, but ICA will llikely reject it flat out. Unless your father is Li Ka-Shing or something.

Your GF works in HK, haven't "touched" Singapore (at least the tax things for 3 rounds), and wants to apply for PR? Kinda unlikely :-|
"Budget Expat"

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 3:10 pm

It definitely is possible, that's how I got my PR

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 3:20 pm

Saint wrote:
That was how many years ago? :cool:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 4:11 pm

That plus that fact that Saint wasn't a HK Chinese Female either.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 4:15 pm

AngMoG wrote:
Saint wrote:
And I was under the impression Saint's wife lived and worked here already.

The OP has no work history in Singapore, neither does his foreign wife, and her HK work history barely shows enough salary to meet the government's minimum level for a dependent. Isn't it $3,800sgd now?

I'm not sure if HK Chinese is as good as Malaysian Chinese, or as bad as PRC Chinese.

Anyway, just read ICA's notes on PR applications for spouses/unmarried children:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... oryFTS.pdf

A significant number of those notes on documents required pertain to showing how much money the applicant makes, and how much money the sponsor (husband) makes.

kbguards

Post by kbguards » Sat, 02 Nov 2013 11:05 am

zzm9980 wrote:
AngMoG wrote:
Saint wrote: It definitely is possible, that's how I got my PR
And I was under the impression Saint's wife lived and worked here already.

The OP has no work history in Singapore, neither does his foreign wife, and her HK work history barely shows enough salary to meet the government's minimum level for a dependent. Isn't it $3,800sgd now?

I'm not sure if HK Chinese is as good as Malaysian Chinese, or as bad as PRC Chinese.

Anyway, just read ICA's notes on PR applications for spouses/unmarried children:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... oryFTS.pdf

A significant number of those notes on documents required pertain to showing how much money the applicant makes, and how much money the sponsor (husband) makes.
Thank you for your reply. I got some idea now :)

Actually my gf is holding a "British National Overseas" passport.(This is issued by british government but only some HK people who was born before the transfer of sovereignty to China are eligible to get this). But i am not sure whether ICA will just treat it as a normal HK passport and as bad as a PRC one.