Singapore Expats

Emirates Airline interview for March 2011-anyone going?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
khunbowen

Post by khunbowen » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:19 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
bluey05 wrote:Hi, what is the pay for emirates like?
If i'm not wrong, it's 4-5k per month.
Hi FluffCloud.

If you think Emirates pay is that good. I am afraid its not.

I had done a check with one of the current Cabin crew with Emirates and was told that after allowances, You get about 8000 Dirham. Current rates is about 0.34 to every 1 Dirham. So after converting, you get about $2.7k.

Why join?
You get to travel for free maybe?
Number 1 Kon Thai Extremist.

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:35 pm

khunbowen wrote:
FluffCloud wrote:
bluey05 wrote:Hi, what is the pay for emirates like?
If i'm not wrong, it's 4-5k per month.
Hi FluffCloud.

I had done a check with one of the current Cabin crew with Emirates and was told that after allowances, You get about 8000 Dirham. Current rates is about 0.34 to every 1 Dirham. So after converting, you get about $2.7k.

Why join?
hmmm but during the briefing was told to be around 4k but since now US currency isn't strong, I believe it should be lesser. It's ok! Concentrate on passing the rounds first before I think of the pay. Hee.

Just to ask, does straight cut black dress with a black jacket looks formal?

khunbowen

Post by khunbowen » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:37 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
khunbowen wrote:
FluffCloud wrote: If i'm not wrong, it's 4-5k per month.
Hi FluffCloud.

Why join?
hmmm but during the briefing was told to be around 4k but since now US currency isn't strong, I believe it should be lesser. It's ok! Concentrate on passing the rounds first before I think of the pay. Hee.

Just to ask, does straight cut black dress with a black jacket looks formal?
Maybe 4-5k is for old birds.
Wish you all the best for the next round.
Number 1 Kon Thai Extremist.

FluffCloud

Next interview

Post by FluffCloud » Thu, 03 Mar 2011 9:18 am

Hellooooo! For those who will be going for the next interview, how's your preparation going? I'm so lost and i don't know what to prepareee! And i'm so worried about the test!!

bubblez

question

Post by bubblez » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 3:39 pm

Hi~

there's going to be an interview in KL this weekend... and apparently some people say that the advert in papers state that u need to be fluent in verbal and written mandarin/cantonese..

if i can speak cantonese but not mandarin.... and... i cant read chinese words.. do i still have a chance??

Thanks

FluffCloud

Re: question

Post by FluffCloud » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 3:54 pm

bubblez wrote:Hi~

there's going to be an interview in KL this weekend... and apparently some people say that the advert in papers state that u need to be fluent in verbal and written mandarin/cantonese..

if i can speak cantonese but not mandarin.... and... i cant read chinese words.. do i still have a chance??

Thanks
Hey bubblez!
No harm trying.
If i'm not wrong, just know either one of the language will be fine. I can only speak chinese but not canto.
Go try!!!! :D

bubblez

Re: question

Post by bubblez » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 10:20 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
Hey bubblez!
No harm trying.
If i'm not wrong, just know either one of the language will be fine. I can only speak chinese but not canto.
Go try!!!! :D
hies~

still thinking if i should go all the way there to give it a shot~ but would be disappointed if they told me they need someone who could read chinese as well~ >.<

my mandarin is horrible~ lol..

greenish

Post by greenish » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 8:56 pm

Hi fluffcloud, can i ask what was briefed during your initial interview upon getting pass the pre-selection? if it's not convenient, please pm or email me at [email protected].

actually i have chatted with a current emirates crew with regards to the pay system now, so im a little puzzled why you are so affirmative in joining..

x|aOmEi

Re: Emirates Walk-in 26/Feb

Post by x|aOmEi » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:02 pm

milly wrote:
FluffCloud wrote:
milly wrote:Hi Fluffcloud,
i was at the pre briefing that day too! I think my chances are pretty slim since they are really particular abt white and straight teeth. gosh! :(
Hi Milly!
haha, same! my teeth is quite yellowish and horrible(ok sounds disgusting but ya..) it's like so much things to do within 2 weeks. I don't think i'm going to whiten my teeth nor spend so much money on makeup or interview clothing. Have you start preparing for the next interview?
me too!!! hahaha. I've absolutely no idea where to start preparing from. I guess i'll go with the flow tt day? gonna depend on my fate and luck tt day alr. i was so surprised to get into the 2nd round bcuz i wasn't even actively participating in the grp discussion! =X
did you managed to make any friends tt day at the pre briefing? :D

hi milly.... hmm.. yea.. mani of the girls didnt talk much and get in too.. :) oh.. i think because this time round they are focusing in language like speaking cantonese ... u're fluent in it?? my group got 1 girl fluent in it n she got selected for the next round.. ^^ good luckkk !! :D
IF you have a chance to fly, why not ? :D

VIVI_AYUMI

Post by VIVI_AYUMI » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 1:54 pm

ONO... >_<

Is the interview applicable to those who were selected ?
or i can still go there on the 12 MARCH 2011 ?

*FAINTS* :???:

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 4:00 pm

VIVI_AYUMI wrote:ONO... >_<

Is the interview applicable to those who were selected ?
or i can still go there on the 12 MARCH 2011 ?

*FAINTS* :???:
Hello Vivi,

If i'm not wrong, this global assessment day is only for those selected at the pre-screening.
We were given a piece of paper and told to bring it on 12th March.
Maybe you might want to call Sass Alantic to check before going down?

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 4:13 pm

greenish wrote:Hi fluffcloud, can i ask what was briefed during your initial interview upon getting pass the pre-selection? if it's not convenient, please pm or email me at [email protected].

actually i have chatted with a current emirates crew with regards to the pay system now, so im a little puzzled why you are so affirmative in joining..
Hi Greenish,

They briefed us on the next interview & final interview. Just to help us with the interview prep a little. Videos were shown, let us know about Dubai and Emirates. And yes the pay system.
I didnt check out the pay range before i thought of joining the airline, probably because the privilleges and experience i will get(eg. traveling, food, fun) is priceless.
I have a friend who used to work for Emirates also commented that she doesnt earn as much as you think a stewardess does. On top of that, life in Dubai is tough. :?

But look on the bright side! :D

VIVI_AYUMI

Post by VIVI_AYUMI » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:29 am

it's over... :'(

it's only for those who when for the pre-screening and for those who were selected...

:'(

sad...

thanks for the info FluffCloud..

the next one according to SASS ALANTIC is Tiger Airways.. Maybe i'll try that airline...

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 7:13 pm

anyone pass the interview>? how was it ?

EstherAngelina

Any upcoming Interviews? Emirates airline

Post by EstherAngelina » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:14 am

Hi dear,

Hi dear,

Would you all know if there will be any upcoming interview going on?

Thank you!