Page 352 of 2133

Posted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 7:07 pm
by louisv
Do guys have uniform fitting as well? Just as the gals have their kebaya fitting.

Re: 2nd interview

Posted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 7:16 pm
by Cheesie
Xof wrote:anyone went for 2nd interview yesterday? what questions did the panel of interviewers post? pls advise.

Thks
Hi, mmm Hope this help you! i being asked to read a passage for the round 2 yesterday! and she ask me to self-intro, ask me my job, ask me my family and ask the reason i join SIA instead of others airline.. tts all... a short interview only! :D

Posted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 7:39 pm
by Xof
thanks cheesie, really do appreciate your info. well i think i'm prepared for such questions. hope everything goes well tomorrow. btw, did you manage to to get in the 3rd round? anyway, all the best to you and all who are going for the interview tomorrow. best of luck..

Posted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 7:59 pm
by Cheesie
Xof wrote:thanks cheesie, really do appreciate your info. well i think i'm prepared for such questions. hope everything goes well tomorrow. btw, did you manage to to get in the 3rd round? anyway, all the best to you and all who are going for the interview tomorrow. best of luck..
Yep i did.. went for round 3 today.. but din make through!
Anyway.. GOOD LUCK! can make it de... :D

Posted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:10 pm
by voxvox
louisv wrote:Do guys have uniform fitting as well? Just as the gals have their kebaya fitting.
Hi there,

Don't think there is a uniform fitting for guys. Unless they just change their selection process this time round. Good luck! :D

Posted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:41 pm
by louisv
Hi voxvox

Thanks for replying. Any idea whether guys have to bare our bodies to check for scars or tatoos during water confidence?[/quote]

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 1:59 am
by blancD
i have a friend who went for SIA's interview last year. She was told to read a passage as well. Sadly, her english wasn't up to standards and she was given a "friendly" warning by the interviewee. She was given a chance and got through that round. But when it came to the self-introductory round, she didnt managed to get through it though.
Its important that candidates have a very good command of spoken english as well I guess. . .

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:09 am
by ashie
i heard you have to be able to reach a certain height before going in for the interview. is that true?

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:11 am
by ashie
thanks for the support. =).
singaporegrrl wrote:Yes, definitely! Have something you could fall back on coz some people don't wanna be in the airline industry most of their life. Studies first, probably something related to your interest.
Saint wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:

Just from your short post it is clear that you will have a far better chance than most othrs here.

Finish your schooling and do well, these jobs will be around for a long time.
Ashie,

Take Vaucluse's coments as a complement, they are far and few between, honest.

I agree with Mr V, I found your posting rather surprisingly mature for someone so young. Follow Vaucluse's advise and you wont go wrong in your dream

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 9:47 am
by Trish
Plavt wrote:Best Wishes to you Ashie at least you are not 'trying to put the cart before the horse' as we say in English. (You may have seen the second post by oNe which for some reason has been removed.)


Plavt.
Hey sorry, can I ask what are the contents of the second post by one? I think I had missed it.

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:58 am
by moo_mer
hi i will like to ask, do SIA have recruitment every month??

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:58 am
by duckerism
hi all.

i've made it through the group interview, the 1-to-1 interview, the kebaya fitting, the water confidence test and the psychometric test.

my next interview with the management is tentatively on next friday.

i would like to ask those who've gone through it, how many people do NOT make it through this interview?

as i've already found out, the kebaya fitting is the worst one of all. so how does the management interview stand?is it a 50-50 thing or is the percentage of success much higher?

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:41 am
by voxvox
louisv wrote:Hi voxvox

Thanks for replying. Any idea whether guys have to bare our bodies to check for scars or tatoos during water confidence?
[/quote]

Hi louisv,

the guys will be in trunks and i believe they will check for scars/tatoos that cannot be covered under the uniform. Should not be a big problem for guys.

good luck! :)

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:28 pm
by voxvox
duckerism wrote:hi all.

i've made it through the group interview, the 1-to-1 interview, the kebaya fitting, the water confidence test and the psychometric test.

my next interview with the management is tentatively on next friday.

i would like to ask those who've gone through it, how many people do NOT make it through this interview?

as i've already found out, the kebaya fitting is the worst one of all. so how does the management interview stand?is it a 50-50 thing or is the percentage of success much higher?
Congrats to you, duckerism! All tne best for your management test! :D

Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 1:37 pm
by duckerism
voxvox wrote:
duckerism wrote:hi all.

i've made it through the group interview, the 1-to-1 interview, the kebaya fitting, the water confidence test and the psychometric test.

my next interview with the management is tentatively on next friday.

i would like to ask those who've gone through it, how many people do NOT make it through this interview?

as i've already found out, the kebaya fitting is the worst one of all. so how does the management interview stand?is it a 50-50 thing or is the percentage of success much higher?
Congrats to you, duckerism! All tne best for your management test! :D
dear voxvox,

any advice? i wld really like to know the elimination rate.

thanks.