This tread is getting longer and longer
I'm pretty shock to see that there are so many aspiring cabin crew in Singapore!
After reading these 110 pages of postings and replies, as an ex-cabin crew, I would like to highlight:
1) Don't keep asking what's the age limit for the recruitment. So long you are below 30 years old and you are interested in the job, send in your application.
2) Please make sure that you have at least 1.58m. If you have tried other measuring device and it shows 1.57m, dun waste your time applying. As you are required to undergo several measurements of your height before and during interview, as well as during training.
3) If you are not the kind of person who are willing to put on a smiling face and greet people "good morning" "good afternoon" "good evening" then forget about joining. This jobs requires you to smile and greet even to cleaners and maids... remember, even if your maid is on board the aircraft, she is your passenger and you need to make and serve her coffee... even if she puked, you will have to clean up for her.
4) Scars: so long your scars are not obvious nor 'protruding', dun worry about it. Chicken pox mark is not obvious in this case, so, dun worry.
P/S: I have a burnt scar on my leg and I declared. But as the kebaya covers it, they let me pass.
5) If you are not prepare to sleep alone in the hotel room, DO NOT APPLY. If you are scared of ghost (though you may not meet one in your career), DO NOT APPLY.
6) Hotel room: Yes, you will be given a room to yourself when you are overseas. And dun worry about the status of the hotel.... they won't put you in hostel or motel... haha...
7) If you need absolute freedom as in, you can't stand last minute call up for work (eg. you sleep at 11pm and was called up at 2am for 6am flight), then DO NOT APPLY.
Benefits are good in SIA. You are entitled to annual leave, medical and insurance benefits, free travel and discounted travel etc....