Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 8:04 pm

hafiz_ wrote:xanngac, okieping, smileygal,

i didnt manage to pass the management round. sigh. the worst is failing the management when you've already gone so far. i dunno how the other kiv guys did though. and i wonder if there are appeal cases. hmm.

and rollypolly, you were there too yesterday?

they called you?

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 8:07 pm

i didnt manage to pass the management round. sigh. the worst is failing the management when you've already gone so far. i dunno how the other kiv guys did though. and i wonder if there are appeal cases. hmm.

dont be dishearted..cos you have what it takes to be an air steward...so do try again...cos i attempt so many time before i get the job.... but still....nothing is confirm.. is only confirm when i pen down my signature in the contract..

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 8:08 pm

okieping wrote:

they called you?
i received an email from this lady at about 5pm. yeah lor. haiyah. :?

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 8:57 pm

crystalheart wrote:
downtown wrote:i am scared....but i really want to join all of you on 27th of jan
I just came across this ex sia cabin crew executive who had a lot of experience in cabin crew and he was an interviewer too. He has offered to help those who are going for the interview(gals & guys) free of charge.I think he is genuine coz he has pic of himself,wife and his dogs in his blog. His blog is at http://excce.blogspot.comThanks and best regards :)
Crystal
Hey crystalheart, i have viewed and read bits and pieces of his blog. i must say that i am quite interested to meeting him. =) Wonder what advices he would offer. Think about it peeps, we would have all experiences told to us straight from the horse's mouth!! Anyone else interested??

Hafiz, dont get too disheartened okie? Do you have a ban or sth?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:02 pm

Acorna wrote:
crystalheart wrote:
downtown wrote:i am scared....but i really want to join all of you on 27th of jan
I just came across this ex sia cabin crew executive who had a lot of experience in cabin crew and he was an interviewer too. He has offered to help those who are going for the interview(gals & guys) free of charge.I think he is genuine coz he has pic of himself,wife and his dogs in his blog. His blog is at http://excce.blogspot.comThanks and best regards :)
Crystal
Hey crystalheart, i have viewed and read bits and pieces of his blog. i must say that i am quite interested to meeting him. =) Wonder what advices he would offer. Think about it peeps, we would have all experiences told to us straight from the horse's mouth!! Anyone else interested??

Hafiz, dont get too disheartened okie? Do you have a ban or sth?
hey acorna. i cant do anything also. sigh. sigh only lor. haha. the lady told us yesterday if you dont make it, you can try again 3 months later. but people in the forum have been saying its 6 months. then 2 months. now it's 3 months. dunno if there's a specific rule or what. anyway i emailed back the lady asking if there's a ban. so i guess we'll wait for her reply. i'll update her not to worry...

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:03 pm

Hafiz, keep it up. Cheer up k! Hope you get a positive reply frm them :wink:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:14 pm

Abercrombie wrote:It means that you are train to fly in the 747 aircraft. Due to shortage of crew, new trainees might not be train in 747 fleet liao. This is to reduce the training time and have them pass out as cabin crew as soon as possible. Don't be surprise to get "turn around" for 1st solo too :P
from jan 2nd batch onwards, trainees will not be trained on 747 le..
got to know this from a friend..
Soaring above all

iamleenut

Post by iamleenut » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:24 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
okieping wrote:

they called you?
Hey yeah , i received the same mail too... We regret to inform you that yr application into SIA was not successful bla bla....

Hiazzzz , could have told us the day itself , save me the blood preasure...lol

Hey Hafiz , my msn [email protected] :)

polymusik

Post by polymusik » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:46 pm

To Hafiz:

i am devastated to know that u didnt make it at the mmgt round. i dont know u personally but reading thru the forum, i think u are well prepared and eloquent, which makes u a highly potential candidate. i am demoralized cos if even u cant make it, someone like me who cant even pass the 1st round has almost zero chance.

anyway i hope u cheer up and cont pursuing ur dream!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:47 pm

iamleenut wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
okieping wrote:
they called you?
Hey yeah , i received the same mail too... We regret to inform you that yr application into SIA was not successful bla bla....

Hiazzzz , could have told us the day itself , save me the blood preasure...lol

Hey Hafiz , my msn [email protected] :)
Hey guys, so sorry to hear that they rejected you after making you all wait for a day... :(

Don't be too disappointed though I know its not easy cause you all have come this far... I was also booted out during mgmt round last tm, but if you believe in yourself, you will make it.

Hafiz, I see that you have what it takes to be an air steward, so don't give up, try after your ban period k. So long as you reflect on what you did and see if there's areas for improvements, you will succeed! Your stalker will be rooting for you! :P

As for the ban period, it was once 6mths, then 2mths, but since the lady says 3mths to you all, guess that's the most updated one to follow. But of course, no harm asking to try your luck at getting a shorter ban.
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:53 pm

polymusik wrote:To Hafiz:

i am devastated to know that u didnt make it at the mmgt round. i dont know u personally but reading thru the forum, i think u are well prepared and eloquent, which makes u a highly potential candidate. i am demoralized cos if even u cant make it, someone like me who cant even pass the 1st round has almost zero chance.

anyway i hope u cheer up and cont pursuing ur dream!
Polymusic,

Don't be so negative, sometimes not getting through 1st round may not be that you don't have what it takes. There are people who tried so many times and they progress to the various stages subsequently. As long as you prepare yourself well, and continuously improve on your weakness and even strengths, you will see the results one day. Good luck! :)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:54 pm

haha. thanks people. jia you people!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:56 pm

VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:It means that you are train to fly in the 747 aircraft. Due to shortage of crew, new trainees might not be train in 747 fleet liao. This is to reduce the training time and have them pass out as cabin crew as soon as possible. Don't be surprise to get "turn around" for 1st solo too :P
Hey Venie, how will this affect these trainees? As in does it mean these trainees will not get to fly to some cities because they are not trained on 747?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:38 pm

xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Hey Venie, how will this affect these trainees? As in does it mean these trainees will not get to fly to some cities because they are not trained on 747?
it will affect at the moment coz means you wont get to fly on 747.
my friend says we will lose out on the london route as they use 747 aircraft.
but not to worry coz SIA is phasing out 747 soon and it will be replace by A380.
so will affect for a short period (less long haul flight).
once A380 are out, everything should be okay.
and the training will be reduce to 3 months too.
too short of crew so prob that's why they wanna speed up the training and get the crew started asap to improve the shortage :)
Last edited by VeniE on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soaring above all

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:39 pm

VeniE wrote:
Aiya I hv said this very long long time ago liao lah, No 747 also means no Tokyo Shinjuku, L.A, New York, London..... :cry: SIA is selling off all the 747 very soon, so bear with it lah :P