Page 693 of 2121

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:41 am
by CelT
Hi Joleen,

so, which rd were u out?

sad right....so far yet so near...haha...

anyway, jia you ya....

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 2:35 pm
by Greenlife
Dear Aspiring Cabin Crew,



Little Red Dot Academy is organizing the STAR Program this weekend for those of you who like a stepping stone into the Airline Industry.



Star Program

Date: 28 July

Time: 0900 to 1800



Registration and $50 deposit payment Deadline: 26 July. Payment can be made by internet banking, cheque or cash.

To register for the STAR course, please provide the following details:

Name
Contact Number
Email Address
to registration@reddot.sg



For more information please visit www.reddot.sg/star.html



For enquiries please call 62142010





Warmest Regards,
Gary Yeo
Marketing Executive


To jump start your airline career visit: www.reddot.sg

T: +65 6214 2010 | F: +65 6214 2011 | M: +65 909 07746

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 2:39 pm
by VeniE
hey greenlife,

u going for the S.T.A.R course???

keke... have fun k... :wink:

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 3:06 pm
by Greenlife
Dear VeniE,

I am not going to attend the course because is expensive and it doesnt mean you can step in SIA after u attended the course.

All depend on your LUCK...

Agree?

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 3:11 pm
by Greenlife
Dear VeniE,

I am very sad after three attempt. I am not sure where was went wrong. For the recent walk in, i am in male group 28A. First one stand up for self intro. Throughout the group introduction, the lady interviewer look at me twice. I tot may be stand a chance to pass, end up the admin aunty told 10 of us "Thank you for coming". URghhh!!!!!

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 3:29 pm
by VeniE
Greenlife wrote:Dear VeniE,

I am very sad after three attempt. I am not sure where was went wrong. For the recent walk in, i am in male group 28A. First one stand up for self intro. Throughout the group introduction, the lady interviewer look at me twice. I tot may be stand a chance to pass, end up the admin aunty told 10 of us "Thank you for coming". URghhh!!!!!
arh!!! none of you got in?? keke... it happens to me when i try silkair too... none of us got in...

me tried 5 times, i was in 69B... though i din get in but i was lucky to get a good interviewer.. he's very nice as he tried to crack a little jokes to make us losen up a bit.. honestly this is the first time i enjoyed my interview so much...

greenlife dearie...

dun be too sad k... they have so frequent recruitment.. this time cannot den try again the next time. the more you try, the better you get. there're so many gals (or guys) in the forum also tried hard. some lucky enough to get it in their first few attempt but some don't lo. but never give up since this is what you want.

i will suggest whenever there's a airline interview be it is SQ or other airline, juz go for it... take it as a training for you... that's what my course trainer told me... so while waiting for SQ next interview, I'm trying Etihad as well heard it's more stringent process there but i juz wanna try how is it like... who knows i might get it... whahaha...

juz take it easy k... we're all here for ya... jia you!!!!

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 3:58 pm
by garlic
hello everybody,

i'm new here. have been constantly reading this forum since afew years back and it has really helped me alot in preparation for the interviews rds. now i have a problem and i hope someone can advise me.

i just went for my management round for the 15july recruitment. after the interview, i was told that i'm put on KIV as i still had around 6mths to my graduation(ard mid feb) from a local polytechnic.
the interviewer told me that they can't commit to me as 6months is quite a long period and that they'll write to me again. i asked the HR lady when but seems like she wasn't too sure either.
i wasn't told to go for the medical checkup too.. :(
anybody has come across this suituation before?
how are the chances like for KIV cases? will they still reject in the end?

hope i can get some answers here. thanks! :D

hihi

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 6:20 pm
by xuetingg
oohlala wrote:to ruriko, fluffyclouds, starie n xueting,

how are you girls getting to stc tmr?
and abt the letter of undertaking n indemnity regarding the witness, do you provide your own witness?

it may sound silly to ask. but im just doubtful.
thanks.
hi oohlala,

sorry for the late reply cos couldn't go online until today...
I took a cab there during the swim test.
i ask my outside frenz to be witness... hehe....

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 6:25 pm
by xuetingg
[/quote]
autumn-reverie! i passed the mgt int! weeeee. :D
went for medical today. Doc said i will pass but she will have to do a blood test for me. She claimed tt i might be having anaemia or thalassemia. dead worried. *sighs* I just hope it wont affect my medical results. *crosses finger*

to ruriko n starie, dunch be disheartened. you girls do have the potential.
you have realised your mistakes so donch give up! try again..
or perhaps JAL since you're interested..? :wink:[/quote]

Congras to you btw !!!
Hope ur medical report is fine.... :)

hihi

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 6:42 pm
by xuetingg
To All,

I haven reading this forum since last year and I find it very resourceful. I have tried for the recruitment quite many times & even failed at the mgmt rd 6mths ago. So sad that time but after the long wait, I tried the recent interview and got in finally. Now waiting for the medical result to be out. Hopefully everything went fine and can start training soon... hehe.... My advised for those who really wanted to join SQ, is to keep trying & figure out ur mistake.. Dun give up easily. Dress neat & nice, be confident & ya... smiling is very important!! must simile a lot to the interviewers & made them feel that u are outgoing & friendly all these. Make up a bit of stories during the interview!! haha.... Any interview question not sure how to ans, check it up from this forum.. There are many wonderful ans here... oh ya, if u have scar, try to conceal it like as if there is no scar.. hehe.... Last but not least, I would like to wish all SQ-stewardess/steward-to-be best of luck!! Those who already got in.. congras to ya!!! Hope all of us have a great time wif SQ !! :D cheers!!

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 6:57 pm
by xuetingg
garlic wrote:hello everybody,

i'm new here. have been constantly reading this forum since afew years back and it has really helped me alot in preparation for the interviews rds. now i have a problem and i hope someone can advise me.

i just went for my management round for the 15july recruitment. after the interview, i was told that i'm put on KIV as i still had around 6mths to my graduation(ard mid feb) from a local polytechnic.
the interviewer told me that they can't commit to me as 6months is quite a long period and that they'll write to me again. i asked the HR lady when but seems like she wasn't too sure either.
i wasn't told to go for the medical checkup too.. :(
anybody has come across this suituation before?
how are the chances like for KIV cases? will they still reject in the end?

hope i can get some answers here. thanks! :D
Hi garlic,

I think most properly you sure will get in as I have friend who pass the mgmt rd but was told to wear braces for abt 1 & half yrs... Recently, she is ready to take off the braces and went for a revieW wif sq. She got selected for the job and now waiting for medical result. I have another frenz also pass mgmt interview but was ask to take up some english course for 6mths as her english not very good. So after 6mths of some english lesson, she went to sq again for revieW & got in as well.. now flying with sq already...
:wink:

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 7:07 pm
by DeeeNah
Reveal? You clearly mean REVIEW right? :shock:

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 7:25 pm
by xuetingg
DeeeNah wrote:Reveal? You clearly mean REVIEW right? :shock:
oh yaya..... REVIEW !!!! paisei meh.... hahhaha...
thks for the correction btw..... :wink: hehe.....

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 8:41 pm
by veryscary
xuetingg, know what, I was one of them who passed the final interview and put on KIV, required to go for a English coure as they said my conversation is not clear enough. I'll finish my course this Wednesday, after that need to email them to submit the cert for them to review. I hope everything will be alright like your friends. :)

Re: hihi

Posted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 8:49 pm
by rurik0
hi xuetingg...
is this ur real name...? coz i met someone during mgmt round who told me that she failed 6mths ago and go in now. Is that you o.O? And also i would like to clarify sumting... when they say 6months, do they strictly mean 6months? As in, it must be past Jan18? If the recruitment is in Jan but earlier than 18th will i be breakin the 6months ban? And issit possible to try a lil earlier like dec or so...?

xuetingg wrote:To All,

I haven reading this forum since last year and I find it very resourceful. I have tried for the recruitment quite many times & even failed at the mgmt rd 6mths ago. So sad that time but after the long wait, I tried the recent interview and got in finally. Now waiting for the medical result to be out. Hopefully everything went fine and can start training soon... hehe.... My advised for those who really wanted to join SQ, is to keep trying & figure out ur mistake.. Dun give up easily. Dress neat & nice, be confident & ya... smiling is very important!! must simile a lot to the interviewers & made them feel that u are outgoing & friendly all these. Make up a bit of stories during the interview!! haha.... Any interview question not sure how to ans, check it up from this forum.. There are many wonderful ans here... oh ya, if u have scar, try to conceal it like as if there is no scar.. hehe.... Last but not least, I would like to wish all SQ-stewardess/steward-to-be best of luck!! Those who already got in.. congras to ya!!! Hope all of us have a great time wif SQ !! :D cheers!!