Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Maximus_miranda

Re: skin check

Post by Maximus_miranda » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 3:58 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:sorry but i am really curious..

were there any cases whereby they let one pass skin check even though her skin is not good? heard tat sometimes if u can manage to convince them that u are going to get your skin done.. they might let you pass.
is this true?

coz i'm currently under skin treatment withthe dermatologist and will not have good skin by thursday.
can i try to tell them whn the are doing the skin check?
any chances of getting thru after they understand the situation?
Hi rainschocolate, when I went for the pre-employment briefing at the STC, there was one girl who's skin wasn't that good. She had minor acne. Think if your personality shines, a little pimples are ok. Just do let them know that you are currently under-going treatment ya! And also, if you saw my previous post, I too don't have very good skin. No doubt I'm a guy, but that girl I saw really convinced me that personality and character is their first and main priority. Moreover, the doctor who did my medical check-up mentioned that I can get treatment at the Paragon clinic when I get selected and the company will pay for it. Impress them with what is within yourself ya!

Good luck and all the best! This goes for all the selected candidates for the interview! If got doubts, do run through my first post ya! God bless!

Maximus

oh its such precious information!! hahaha thank you so much!!

but when i went for the 01DEC walkin right... during the skin check they dun really let u hvae a chance to speak.. so... when is the right time exactly to tell them about me undergoing skin treatments?
I think the best time is during the time when their looking at your face. Cos its best to speak up even when they don't ask. And must smile while doing that ya! Let them know that you care and am prepared to go all out to get the job! Just a few words won't hurt anybody right? Haha...

Hellokittylove, I've analyze the routine of theirs....kinda. Because I was like you, desperately waiting for the magic call...This is what I realised...Its all about your availability. A couple of my friends who attended the same medical and employment briefing as me got the call as soon as 3 days later! I got it only 2 weeks ++ later. Cos my friends wrote that their availability as immediate and they're put into the 2nd Jan training spot. Few days later, I saw on this forum that someone received the call days after my friends. They are in the Jan 16th spot. Again, a week later, those who got the call is in the 22nd Jan spot. As for me, they called me last week and put me into the 31st Jan spot.

I told them that I can only be available after 28th Jan. That's why. Also, like Venie mentioned, no news is indeed good news. Cos they're actually busy slotting people into different training days can are quickly clearing those who can start immediately. If they hadn't called you yet, chances are they'll do it very soon. Keep your cellphone close to you every single time ok?

As for those who didn't get through like Starrynitez, please try again....even after the ban. Trust me, if you can get through till the management, YOU definately have what it takes to be a cabin crew! Just work on your presentation skills and keep calm ok? Now is the best time to practise. Cos being a crew is just like customer service. Must know how to handle all kinds of situation! All the best and good luck!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 4:02 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote: Hi rainschocolate, when I went for the pre-employment briefing at the STC, there was one girl who's skin wasn't that good. She had minor acne. Think if your personality shines, a little pimples are ok. Just do let them know that you are currently under-going treatment ya! And also, if you saw my previous post, I too don't have very good skin. No doubt I'm a guy, but that girl I saw really convinced me that personality and character is their first and main priority. Moreover, the doctor who did my medical check-up mentioned that I can get treatment at the Paragon clinic when I get selected and the company will pay for it. Impress them with what is within yourself ya!

Good luck and all the best! This goes for all the selected candidates for the interview! If got doubts, do run through my first post ya! God bless!

Maximus

oh its such precious information!! hahaha thank you so much!!

but when i went for the 01DEC walkin right... during the skin check they dun really let u hvae a chance to speak.. so... when is the right time exactly to tell them about me undergoing skin treatments?
I think the best time is during the time when their looking at your face. Cos its best to speak up even when they don't ask. And must smile while doing that ya! Let them know that you care and am prepared to go all out to get the job! Just a few words won't hurt anybody right? Haha...

Hellokittylove, I've analyze the routine of theirs....kinda. Because I was like you, desperately waiting for the magic call...This is what I realised...Its all about your availability. A couple of my friends who attended the same medical and employment briefing as me got the call as soon as 3 days later! I got it only 2 weeks ++ later. Cos my friends wrote that their availability as immediate and they're put into the 2nd Jan training spot. Few days later, I saw on this forum that someone received the call days after my friends. They are in the Jan 16th spot. Again, a week later, those who got the call is in the 22nd Jan spot. As for me, they called me last week and put me into the 31st Jan spot.

I told them that I can only be available after 28th Jan. That's why. Also, like Venie mentioned, no news is indeed good news. Cos they're actually busy slotting people into different training days can are quickly clearing those who can start immediately. If they hadn't called you yet, chances are they'll do it very soon. Keep your cellphone close to you every single time ok?

As for those who didn't get through like Starrynitez, please try again....even after the ban. Trust me, if you can get through till the management, YOU definately have what it takes to be a cabin crew! Just work on your presentation skills and keep calm ok? Now is the best time to practise. Cos being a crew is just like customer service. Must know how to handle all kinds of situation! All the best and good luck!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Maximus

wow, maximus! thanks :)
anyway i state 1 mth notice period, hope they call me soon..hee

O2 Zinc

Post by O2 Zinc » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 4:16 pm

hope the next one will come up in Feb, i will definitely give it another shot, think it's same for starynitez and ninono right?

anyway, good luck for those who are gg tomorrow! :lol:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 4:22 pm

hey THANKS A LOT Maximus_miranda

=)

hope my skin will be good tomoro. ahaha

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 4:52 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
Hi rainschocolate, when I went for the pre-employment briefing at the STC, there was one girl who's skin wasn't that good. She had minor acne. Think if your personality shines, a little pimples are ok. Just do let them know that you are currently under-going treatment ya! And also, if you saw my previous post, I too don't have very good skin. No doubt I'm a guy, but that girl I saw really convinced me that personality and character is their first and main priority. Moreover, the doctor who did my medical check-up mentioned that I can get treatment at the Paragon clinic when I get selected and the company will pay for it. Impress them with what is within yourself ya!

Maximus
hey... maximus, i heard about the doc at Paragon clinic too...can i have the details of the clinic, like phone or add? i have acne scar... thinking to treat it... any idea whos the doc?

Eve

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:04 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:sorry but i am really curious..

were there any cases whereby they let one pass skin check even though her skin is not good? heard tat sometimes if u can manage to convince them that u are going to get your skin done.. they might let you pass.
is this true?

coz i'm currently under skin treatment withthe dermatologist and will not have good skin by thursday.
can i try to tell them whn the are doing the skin check?
any chances of getting thru after they understand the situation?

Maximus
I am not so sure about SIA paying for your skin problem , 80% is that they will not. Morever is that clinic in the approve list of clinic for crew to visit and make claim? Better check first before kana con. The medical check up clinic is doing lots of referral to the Paragon clinic, sure they are getting $$$ for doing it.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:33 pm

but.. will then let u in if u have skin problems in the first place? like me =(

jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:37 pm

what u all gonna wear tmr?
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:38 pm

relax raine! whether they let you in anot you still have to give your best tmr! :wink:

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:40 pm

jassylolly wrote:what u all gonna wear tmr?
I'll be wearing a black knee length dress with black covered heels :D
You?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:44 pm

I'm undecided between black pants and black knee-length skirt... I wonder if they will be able to finish all rounds of interviews by the end of their wrkday tmr...
And so my journey begins... :)

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:55 pm

haha i'm gonna wear exactly wad i wore on 01DEC.black pants and long sleeve shirt

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 5:58 pm

rainschocolate wrote:haha i'm gonna wear exactly wad i wore on 01DEC.black pants and long sleeve shirt
I'm wearing the exact same thing cept the shoes i change from white to black! Hopefully everything goes well.. Panicky

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:00 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:haha i'm gonna wear exactly wad i wore on 01DEC.black pants and long sleeve shirt
I'm wearing the exact same thing cept the shoes i change from white to black! Hopefully everything goes well.. Panicky
hahahaha alright. i'll repair BOTH shoes at JP later.
lol see ya!!!
anyone wanna join us for cheap cheap manicure at JP later can contact us. lol

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 6:13 pm

good luck, all those going tmr! :)

and then hearing you guys, i think i might be a little casual tomorrow. maybe i'll choose another outfit. :lol:

may lady luck be smiling at us!
when strange things happen, they call it fate.