Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:03 am

zoergal wrote:
erieo wrote:
charle wrote:Zoergal , are u a cabin crew now? or waiting for interview?
Hi Charle,

Best luck for your interview, are you from the feb walk-in recruitment batch or did you send in your application via email?
Am wondering if SIA are still clearing those feb walk-in batch. I have email my application after the feb walk-in batch but no reply :(
guess I am not shortlisted..

Hi erieo,

I think SIA is still clearing the batch for the FEB walk-in . :) ...cos their last batch of mgmt interview will be conducting from next monday to thursday...
guess after nxt week, another recruitment will start soon ..maybe in MAY time...be patience, the time will come ..and never give up trying. :D
Hi Zoergal,
Thanks..I'll give it a last try on the next recruitment, afterall I am turning 27 soon..so chances are slim.

Oh yah I remembered, u once mentioned a 28 yr old candidate proceeded to the mgmt interview..so how is it, did she gets in?

Tks

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:11 am

Hi erieo,

If you really love to fly, I suggest you keep on trying. Age is important factor but you mentioned that you are turning 27 soon, & it is not like you are going to be in your thirties or forties. There are really some FA, who make it through in their late twenties & married but still got in! Do not despair & give up your dream. Afterall, we just live once & I am sure you do not want to live in regrets later. If you think you have the whole package & passion at it, just TRY! :)

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:17 am

higgledy wrote:Hi erieo,

If you really love to fly, I suggest you keep on trying. Age is important factor but you mentioned that you are turning 27 soon, & it is not like you are going to be in your thirties or forties. There are really some FA, who make it through in their late twenties & married but still got in! Do not despair & give up your dream. Afterall, we just live once & I am sure you do not want to live in regrets later. If you think you have the whole package & passion at it, just TRY! :)
Hi higgledy,

louisv

Post by louisv » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:47 pm

Hi Erieo

I am already 30 and I just signed the bond with SQ recently from the current recruitment.
If being in the airline industry is your dream, don't give up. I attempted 4 times before getting here.

Dont be afraid to fall.

louis

trickle

Post by trickle » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 2:31 pm

louisv wrote:Hi Erieo

I am already 30 and I just signed the bond with SQ recently from the current recruitment.
If being in the airline industry is your dream, don't give up. I attempted 4 times before getting here.

Dont be afraid to fall.

louis
Congratulations.

Has your training started already?

trickle

Post by trickle » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 2:54 pm

Hi erieo,

Keep on trying. I am sure your perseverance will pay off.

louisv

Post by louisv » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 3:35 pm

Strating middle of this month :D

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 3:44 pm

trickle wrote:
louisv wrote:Hi Erieo

Dont be afraid to fall.

louis
Congratulations.

Has your training started already?
Hi Louisv, Trickle and to those lovely gals for the encouragements! Greastly appreciated :wink:

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Singapore Airlines

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 8:35 pm

Is it true that In the future SQ will not be recruiting males anymore?I am still schooling and I aspire to be a steward someone please tell me...I am only 14 please be nice......=) I really appreciate it....
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 8:40 pm

I asked a Singapore Airlines Pilot and he said that it's not true but i want to know from you guys....Can any ex-steward or stewardess pelase tell me....But why do they not want guys if this is the case...=)

Peace..........

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Singapore Airlines

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:12 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Is it true that In the future SQ will not be recruiting males anymore?I am still schooling and I aspire to be a steward someone please tell me...I am only 14 please be nice......=) I really appreciate it....
Hello,

Where do you get that information?

There is no news that SIA will not be recruiting male cabin crew. They have been recruiting male applicants for many years and I don't think they will stop recruiting male cabin crew.

You can always try for other airlines such as Qatar and Emirates. They do employ stewards but once in a while.

Goodbye!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:02 pm

I aksed a stewardess from SIA and she said that.Maybe that was last time.Anyway thanks for the information.Hope to hear more from you guys.

Hi everyone....I am a new member.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 8:29 pm

shazni, if you read the previous posts that were ages ago, it will help you alot to know about the job!

cheers
"City of Ang3Ls"

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 8:54 pm

Page?Thanks blanc hope to hear more from you... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anyway blanc,will SIA be an all girl cabin crew in the future??

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 9:07 pm

Still i would advise you to concentrate on your studies as you're still young. Its not good to have dreams but make whats priority. No hard feelings yeah, just an advise. . .
i'm not sure about your question but I'm sure male cabin crew are needed somewhere in this industry. . . fingers crossed!
"City of Ang3Ls"