Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
polymusik

Post by polymusik » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:53 am

snowss wrote:
polymusik wrote:
snowss wrote:Haha...I send the email 2x...I think no hope for the write in, since it's over today....

27th Jan, I'll come :lol:
may i just ask, is 27th dec the only date opened for write-in applications?
I supposed so....since all got replies for the write in
thanks for your reply, i'll try again next time =)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:54 am

ben02 wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
ben02 wrote:Hey Hafiz.. are u that guy in my group?? Im the black guy, u told me abt this forum..

hey ben. haha. yeah that's me. anyway you almost boarded the bus i was in but you somehow alighted. so how? you're down for next week too? :)
oh.. the bus never go the destination i wanna go, thats y.. anyway, ya i in.. but i think i did something very silly ah.. the lady asked me if i could start work on the 22 Jan if pass the final rd, i go and say no , my current company needs to seve 1 mth notice then in the end, she never gave me the final rd date to come back.. which i later on asked a female friend of mine current training there, who checked with her classmate.. her classmate said, if they asked u go back wait for call/email, this type arre KIV cases, means like pending cases like that, a bit like reserve also.. is that true?? any idea hafiz???
i dont think they'd treat us so bad right? cuz two other girls from here also waiting for the mgt round interview. so dont worry. you'll get yours. i dunno if your senior got in or not though. you know?[/quote]

haha. yeah man. andrew got in too. the guy who was talking to me, seating behind you and your junior. and he just joined the forum last night! lol. good. u chalk up more posts and pm me ur msn or smth? i gtg to sch now. sucks man. see ya later alligator!

thats my junior la.. haha.. i dunno also, after we all 'separated' from the last sofa seats at the end, i only seen the what michard richards??? the indian guy.. ya, he finished, and he said in.. then after that, never seen anyone one already.. so u have no idea abt the KIV thing also is it?? alamak.. at first i thought i just try for fun cos friend keep asking me to try.. i didnt know i would be here talking in forum now boy.. :)[/quote]

haha. yeah man. andrew got in too. the guy who was talking to me, seating behind you and your junior. and he just joined the forum last night! lol. good. u chalk up more posts and pm me ur msn or smth? i gtg to sch now. sucks man. see ya later alligator!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:00 am

Those that leave down email/contact details are considered KIV? Oh noes, i told them cannot start at 22 Jan too :???:

ben02

Post by ben02 » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:01 am

Sokeai wrote:Those that leave down email/contact details are considered KIV? Oh noes, i told them cannot start at 22 Jan too :???:
thats what my friend who is training there now told me.. i also hope its not true man..

ben02

Post by ben02 » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:02 am

ben02 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Those that leave down email/contact details are considered KIV? Oh noes, i told them cannot start at 22 Jan too :???:
thats what my friend who is training there now told me.. i also hope its not true man..
anyone here can advise pls??

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:10 am

I hope it's not true either. Wonder anyone here have similar case before the 27 Dec interview thingy. Any calls from them?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:20 am

gladys_lopez wrote:Hi Ying ying, u in oriental? U know Jovan?
yes.. i know jovan.. banquet ma.. you know him too??? hahaha!

stormlyn

Post by stormlyn » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:31 am

:) Congrats to everybody who passed the interview and waiting for thur mgmt. For those who didn't make it, don't give up. Stay positive and try again on Jan, walk-in.
:wink:
I will be starting my training on 22nd Jan 2008. I hope to see more people from this forum to be my batch mate! Good luck to all.

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:37 am

yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:Hi Ying ying, u in oriental? U know Jovan?
yes.. i know jovan.. banquet ma.. you know him too??? hahaha!
Haha.. He's my buddy. Whats yr name? Mine's Sandy
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:45 am

stormlyn wrote::) Congrats to everybody who passed the interview and waiting for thur mgmt. For those who didn't make it, don't give up. Stay positive and try again on Jan, walk-in.
:wink:
I will be starting my training on 22nd Jan 2008. I hope to see more people from this forum to be my batch mate! Good luck to all.
Congrats Stormlyn! When did you have ur mgmt? How was it?

Inspiredsand

Post by Inspiredsand » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:02 pm

garlic wrote:
Inspiredsand wrote:
Hey hey no worries garlic! I got thru during the walk-in on 1 dec 07. 2 of us received the call and we have to head back for repeat xray with suspected scoliosis as well. we did and we got thru! we are both starting our training soon. so rest assured you'll be good.. the only misfortunate thing is we have to fork out $150 from our own pocket. =(

but its definitely worthwhile! hehz... =)
hey,
thanks alot for your assurance. i hope all goes well too. btw, did you guys get the scoliosis xray results on the spot or the clinic got back to you? i saw my xray just now, indeed was a little curved but the radiographer didnt want to comment. looks like i just have to wait for the clinic to call. wish me luck.
Yep actually the radiographer is not supposed to reveal anything. but for us that day, we kinda pestered him for the results. haha. and we were told we are both good. Dun worry, you'll be good as well. Good luck sweetheart! =)

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: today interview

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:28 pm

aletheatan wrote:hey peeps....am back too...am in Group 5 today...and today's arrangement is indeed weird...my group there's 4 guys n 4 girls for Round 1.

Result - 3 guys got in, n 1 girl only.

The 1 girl is not me....sigh! It's okie lar....just abit sad.....

Then I dun know if they made it afterall....the guys are indeed just a few.....unlike the walk-ins..

Hmm....dun know if I should still try for the next walk-in in Jan...age might be an issue with them afterall....haiz....

coz my group...those who went in are all below 25.....

How about u -- XannGac, LittlePinkFigure, Rainchocolate.....??? How did it go....No New means Good News??? Hehe
hey Altheatan,

i am in Grp 5 too! im the 1st gal who talked...rem? which gal r u? 3rd or 4th? U think age matters now?? oh shit man..next yr im 25 already =( really regretted not trying earlier...=( i get nervous eveytime i stand up...den cant talk properly. sighz. u trying for walk in on 27 Jan? i'll b giving another shot again! i dun care..i really want this job! May all our dreams come thru.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: small world...

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:45 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
aletheatan wrote:hahaha..small world...to think that we spoke!! hehe =)

yah...but to be honest...i think u skin is quite okie...at least to me it looks fine....hehe...n ur make up is okie mah....not thick lar....very cheery person..

btw...did the ger next to u passed? the one carrying the LV bag...and have 2 trainees coming in to tok to her....

yah lor...my group only the girl without bag pass...she is quite pretty....n the tallest amongst us.....

good luck babe.... go go go!!! ;)
haha the LV bag girl so so chio la. she very pretty seriously. i think she got the highest. she got 4 4 4 4 4. hahaha got in alr. her management next week.
oic! i know who u r tooo...u r really lucky to pass ur skin check. I'm e gal who wore the pink shirt. =p. i'll b happy if i can get pass 1st round already, i duno y i ALWAYS fail at rnd 1, my furthest is kebaya rnd during Oct/Nov walk-in. sigh. My qn was "Tell me abt urself and who is the person u admire most" Alot of guys said their Mum..i also said the Same thing - MUM... i think im too0 nerous that i got stuck at my words in the end...tok too much "junk" too i tink. hehehe.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Re: small world...

Post by rainschocolate » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:56 pm

aliciagloria wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
aletheatan wrote:hahaha..small world...to think that we spoke!! hehe =)

yah...but to be honest...i think u skin is quite okie...at least to me it looks fine....hehe...n ur make up is okie mah....not thick lar....very cheery person..

btw...did the ger next to u passed? the one carrying the LV bag...and have 2 trainees coming in to tok to her....

yah lor...my group only the girl without bag pass...she is quite pretty....n the tallest amongst us.....

good luck babe.... go go go!!! ;)
haha the LV bag girl so so chio la. she very pretty seriously. i think she got the highest. she got 4 4 4 4 4. hahaha got in alr. her management next week.
oic! i know who u r tooo...u r really lucky to pass ur skin check. I'm e gal who wore the pink shirt. =p. i'll b happy if i can get pass 1st round already, i duno y i ALWAYS fail at rnd 1, my furthest is kebaya rnd during Oct/Nov walk-in. sigh. My qn was "Tell me abt urself and who is the person u admire most" Alot of guys said their Mum..i also said the Same thing - MUM... i think im too0 nerous that i got stuck at my words in the end...tok too much "junk" too i tink. hehehe.
haha ya i think i'm lucky la coz i always manage to pass round 1 (this is my 2nd time)
and i'm very surprised they passed my skin. but all interviewers told me to take care of my skin though.
OH DIE LA. AM I KIV TOO??? will they call me for the management interview coz i put notice period as 2 months leh. =(

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:10 pm

hi guys.. yeah, i didn't go for the interview for 27th dec and i'll be going for the interview at STC on the 3rd at 1.30pm. I was shortlisted for the 27th, but i couldn't make it, so they resheduled my interview to the 3rd...
i was thinking that maybe they wanna look at me first, before the final interview.