Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:04 am

xanngac wrote:
maddy_licious wrote:
yellowpig wrote:wahaha, anybody knows if the SIA PEOPLE will turn you away if you wear braces on 25th JAN ? like, see you and go :"EH U GOT BRACES, CANNOT CANNOT!"

thankk you!
i think depends on the interviewer. i was with braces last time and i didnt get in. one time the interviewer hint abt my braces and i stopped trying till i remove my braces. =) but i did see ppl with brace pass as well. u can try =)
Err... Do you expect such a big company to turn you away in this manner?
:shock:

Anyway, there's no definite answer since we're not from the HR side, so just go and try lah. Rather than imagine being turned away, why not prepare yourself so that in case they ask about it, you have a convincing answer to give them.

Take it as an exposure, at least you get the first hand feel of how the interview process is like and of course you get to meet people who share the same passion as you do.
By the way my dear, you've got the date wrong. The interview is on 27th. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:05 am

zetpeh wrote:yeah back .... Its a great outing and HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT all....
Wah so late then reach home ah? :o

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:06 am

xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Wa... put me 1st in the list ahh so stress liao... but hor Feb I am very busy leh all the friday not free except 22nd Feb but I might be going diving if the Diving season in West Malaysia starts so can't confirm. If can meet earlier 2/2 Sat or 3/2 Sun I can make it :wink:
Okieping, hear that? Take note hor hehe.

You see, we're doing this for you Abercrombie. Hahaha stress right. :P
Ya very stress one...I don't like to be in the center of attention one thats why I am the grey man....not here not there :twisted:

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:07 am

xanngac wrote:
smileygal wrote:It's quite happening here huh... how nice....
Anyway, i finally resigned... will be back in singapore on 27th Jan, for good... so count me in for the next gathering too... hope to see the mysterious faces too....
Hehe congrats finally settled the stuffs over there! :) Wah can you pack everything before you come back not? I've this image that you have tons of stuffs over there... :P
Hehe... i'm still having headache how to move all my stuff back... i even an exercise equipment that i bought.. haa... not sure if i'm gonna take everything.... so irritating....
anyway, i'm very curious about abercrombie too... Are u Mr Popular or wat?? Which interview were u at? Hafiz dun get jealous ok, u're as popular as well....

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:07 am

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Wa... put me 1st in the list ahh so stress liao... but hor Feb I am very busy leh all the friday not free except 22nd Feb but I might be going diving if the Diving season in West Malaysia starts so can't confirm. If can meet earlier 2/2 Sat or 3/2 Sun I can make it :wink:
Okieping, hear that? Take note hor hehe.

You see, we're doing this for you Abercrombie. Hahaha stress right. :P
Ya very stress one...I don't like to be in the center of attention one thats why I am the grey man....not here not there :twisted:
Don't stress lah, we're all so friendly. :mrgreen:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:09 am

Now you go tailor uniform before start training??
Remember to lose some weight so you will look nice in the Kebaya ya, after that cannot anyhow gain weight liao orelse cannot go into that tiny uniform muhahahaha.... ah lastly must wear push up for your fitting :P

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:09 am

xanngac wrote:

what to do sia ... i ish busy ma.... lol

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:10 am

smileygal wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Anyway, i finally resigned... will be back in singapore on 27th Jan, for good... so count me in for the next gathering too... hope to see the mysterious faces too....
Hehe congrats finally settled the stuffs over there! :) Wah can you pack everything before you come back not? I've this image that you have tons of stuffs over there... :P
Hehe... i'm still having headache how to move all my stuff back... i even an exercise equipment that i bought.. haa... not sure if i'm gonna take everything.... so irritating....
anyway, i'm very curious about abercrombie too... Are u Mr Popular or wat?? Which interview were u at? Hafiz dun get jealous ok, u're as popular as well....
Exercise equipment? Haha sell to your housemate lah, earn some money hehe. Think if I were you I'll just take those that I need, those that I don't really need, leave them behind or sell to others there. If not the cost of bring them end up more expensive than the cost of the thing itself.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:12 am

smileygal wrote:
xanngac wrote:
I also don't know leh, They just want to meet me and tekan me lah maybe I offended them in my posting...... Hafiz so hansome how can I compare to him :cry: me....so...cannot make....it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:13 am

Abercrombie wrote:Now you go tailor uniform before start training??
Remember to lose some weight so you will look nice in the Kebaya ya, after that cannot anyhow gain weight liao orelse cannot go into that tiny uniform muhahahaha.... ah lastly must wear push up for your fitting :P
Venie did hers the same day she signed her bond so I reckon its the same for us too.

Hahaha we're thinking of going fitting as per normal now, then once we start training we'll get stressed up and tired, and then we will lose weight and look good in it. No?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:14 am

zetpeh wrote:
xanngac wrote:

what to do sia ... i ish busy ma.... lol
Muhahaha maybe he reach home, shower, finish a book then log in now with a cup of Milo leh :P

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:14 am

Abercrombie wrote:
smileygal wrote:
xanngac wrote: Hehe congrats finally settled the stuffs over there! :) Wah can you pack everything before you come back not? I've this image that you have tons of stuffs over there... :P
I also don't know leh, They just want to meet me and tekan me lah maybe I offended them in my posting...... Hafiz so hansome how can I compare to him :cry: me....so...cannot make....it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Super drama-mama hahaha :P

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:16 am

xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Now you go tailor uniform before start training??
Venie did hers the same day she signed her bond so I reckon its the same for us too.

Hahaha we're thinking of going fitting as per normal now, then once we start training we'll get stressed up and tired, and then we will lose weight and look good in it. No?
Aiyo you tailor now in size 4 then start flying become size 1 how to wear the kebaya??? It will look like a T shirt on you Muhahaha

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:19 am

As you might have notice the kebaya is skin tight fitting one, the most you can gain and still put it on is like.....+/- 2 or 3kg

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:21 am

tsk tsk. abercrombie, you're becoming like benyng. benyng, where art thou! haha. and c'mon, reveal your true self! xanngac said you dont sound old over the phone. that's one thing we know about you now. lol. :wink: