Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pink petals
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by pink petals » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 7:34 pm

downtown wrote:
Guest SIA wrote:I've been for the SIA recruitment and got through the first round and also through the 2nd round and now am a flight steward. For the Ladies, it's kind of difficult getting in because the number of ladies applying is saturating. So, the management has to scrutinise the applicants in terms of height, capability, education qualifications, grooming standards, etc. So, you should develop more on these. This crew job IS a profession as under the job occupation, you're considered a professional. You can work in SIA as a cabin crew for as long as 20 years. After that, maybe as a Cabin crew Management team who flies but checks on the flight attendants instead. So, you are still flying and get paid but in a more higher post. Cabin Crew job is highly valued when entering other professions like nursing, physiotherapy, and other hospitality-related courses. Don't be disheartened ladies. Try to go for any interviews, grab as many as u can. Be it JAL, EK, SIA, or SilkAir, just go for the interview to have a feel of it so as to feel confident. All the best to you ladies and also to all the guys out there, it's Really a High-Flying Job guys, the ladies are Wif you....haha...;)

i feel competition is high for the woman...woman really like cabin crew meh?
hi,

your sentence : woman really like cabin crew meh?

u mean as in woman like cabin crew as in how a woman likes a guy? or as in woman like to work as cabin crew?

if it is the latter,
maybe u sld ask yourself too cos u also seems to be one of the women who want to work as a cabin crew.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:10 am

pink petals wrote:
downtown wrote:
Guest SIA wrote:I've been for the SIA recruitment and got through the first round and also through the 2nd round and now am a flight steward. For the Ladies, it's kind of difficult getting in because the number of ladies applying is saturating. So, the management has to scrutinise the applicants in terms of height, capability, education qualifications, grooming standards, etc. So, you should develop more on these. This crew job IS a profession as under the job occupation, you're considered a professional. You can work in SIA as a cabin crew for as long as 20 years. After that, maybe as a Cabin crew Management team who flies but checks on the flight attendants instead. So, you are still flying and get paid but in a more higher post. Cabin Crew job is highly valued when entering other professions like nursing, physiotherapy, and other hospitality-related courses. Don't be disheartened ladies. Try to go for any interviews, grab as many as u can. Be it JAL, EK, SIA, or SilkAir, just go for the interview to have a feel of it so as to feel confident. All the best to you ladies and also to all the guys out there, it's Really a High-Flying Job guys, the ladies are Wif you....haha...;)

hi,

u mean as in woman like cabin crew as in how a woman likes a guy? or as in woman like to work as cabin crew?

if it is the latter,
maybe u sld ask yourself too cos u also seems to be one of the women who want to work as a cabin crew.
different ppl has different opinion abt cabin crew...
some thinks it's a slutty and bitchy job, while some were so inspired to fly like one of them..

it really depends on every individual.
if the purpose of joining is coz of high pay, look glamorous..
i suggest you reconsider again.
coz it's really not a simple job, juz read thru the thread you'll know how it's really like.

but for ppl out there, if it's a dream and it's ya passion, dun give up yea.. it may be tough job, but where ever you go there's always good ppl and bad ppl... it happens everywhere...

interview process may be strict, there're so many ppl try again and again but cant get in. Just treat every attempt as an learning experience and work on it yea. One day, you'll make it a dream come true...:P
Soaring above all

Indignant

Post by Indignant » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:30 am

[quote="VeniE
hi,

if it is the latter,

different ppl has different opinion abt cabin crew...
some thinks it's a slutty and bitchy job, while some were so inspired to fly like one of them..

it really depends on every individual.
if the purpose of joining is coz of high pay, look glamorous..
i suggest you reconsider again.
coz it's really not a simple job, juz read thru the thread you'll know how it's really like.

but for ppl out there, if it's a dream and it's ya passion, dun give up yea.. it may be tough job, but where ever you go there's always good ppl and bad ppl... it happens everywhere...

interview process may be strict, there're so many ppl try again and again but cant get in. Just treat every attempt as an learning experience and work on it yea. One day, you'll make it a dream come true...:P[/quote]

I totally agree with Venie. Well, it's a high-paying job for young people of age around 20. However if you think about it, the pay is saturated at only that level. Cos it's still based on allowance and there's also how many times you can fly in 30 days.

But looking over the salary, it's a job with lots of exposure. Meeting lots of people and widening your horizon. My 2 cents. :wink:

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 3:46 pm

pink petals wrote:
downtown wrote:

hi,

if it is the latter,
lol. it was difficult to understand what she wanted to convey :P
"City of Ang3Ls"

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:58 am

Does anyone know what are the five core values of SIA? :)
.CEL.

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:07 pm

CelT wrote:Does anyone know what are the five core values of SIA? :)
http://www.siasu.org.sg/mes81.html
:)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 1:02 pm

Thank you my dear!
.CEL.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 5:56 pm

good luck for all going to the interview this weekend!! :D

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:45 am

Hi...yeah....it might be a high-'flying'paid job initially.....

Many of us presume that this is a glamorous job....However, with careful thought...Do take note that a glamorous 'lifestyle' is different from glamorous 'job'. You could have a 9-5 office job like marketing, event, branding, etcs and work ur way up the corporate ladder...earning a high income by then....and leading a glamorous lifestyle with a normal job.....Not all of us are that patient though....

I would assume that the glamorosity of having to travel around the world at a 'young age' sounds fun and appealing to all of us...Or perhaps ppl would think you're 'cool' cause youre a cc....

STatistics shown that many SIA cc leaves for middle east airline cause they do provide better 'salary'....sad to say but its true...Got this from a friend whos with SIA 'internal department'....Cant reveal too much or else SIA come after me...hehe...

Another fren of mine with MAS for 5 years told me...CC wannabe should take note of the risk of health and safety...'Passengers first...U last'...that is your main role.....Not forgetting the consequences of quitting later on....If you're planning to go into hospitality/tourism/customer service industry....good on you....If not, you gotta work that extra skills to get into other industry....Prepare to start from the bottom again..perhaps with a lower pay... and stop complaining...lol...

Update us on this weekend interview...Good luck everybody!...

alfaromeo

REJECTED COZ OF HEIGHT!!

Post by alfaromeo » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:48 pm

Hi All, This is my first time here. Reading the comments here is really refreshing and gives me a whole new perspective on the experience frm the interview, right up to the acceptance. Anyway, I tried the walk-in session on 25thAug07. I got rejected because i was a few millimeters away frm 1.58m.(Im 1.56m)Since I was one of the "early birds" for that day, good thing was,was at least i didnt waste too much time since height measurement was the first to be done during the session. Im so determined to go through this AGAIN! I have made a vow to be taller. Ive read of some supplements that can encourage hormones growth and hence will also increase your height in a matter of months. Anyone tried before??

Those who failed before (like i did. hehe) and think that height issue is a permanent one. Chin up! coz it's possible to grow taller wt the right supplement. Enquire frm GNC perhaps? Guess What? The result is permanent. Brush that dirt off your shoulders and Carpe Diem for the next one!

Noone knew that I went for the interview. Not even my BF! Of course I felt sore after the rejection BUT I feel better now coz i got to share my experience.

PS: Anyone knows when the next session is?
Miss Independent

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Re: REJECTED COZ OF HEIGHT!!

Post by Joycee » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 8:31 pm

alfaromeo wrote:Hi All, This is my first time here. Reading the comments here is really refreshing and gives me a whole new perspective on the experience frm the interview, right up to the acceptance. Anyway, I tried the walk-in session on 25thAug07. I got rejected because i was a few millimeters away frm 1.58m.(Im 1.56m)Since I was one of the "early birds" for that day, good thing was,was at least i didnt waste too much time since height measurement was the first to be done during the session. Im so determined to go through this AGAIN! I have made a vow to be taller. Ive read of some supplements that can encourage hormones growth and hence will also increase your height in a matter of months. Anyone tried before??

Those who failed before (like i did. hehe) and think that height issue is a permanent one. Chin up! coz it's possible to grow taller wt the right supplement. Enquire frm GNC perhaps? Guess What? The result is permanent. Brush that dirt off your shoulders and Carpe Diem for the next one!

Noone knew that I went for the interview. Not even my BF! Of course I felt sore after the rejection BUT I feel better now coz i got to share my experience.

Hi,

I went for the interview today too. I was the last few who reached. But they didn't take any of our height at all, nor they eventually look at mt certs.

Do you think we can go for tmr's walk-in as well?

Joycee

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Re: REJECTED COZ OF HEIGHT!!

Post by mayamomi » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 8:44 pm

alfaromeo wrote:Hi All, This is my first time here. Reading the comments here is really refreshing and gives me a whole new perspective on the experience frm the interview, right up to the acceptance. Anyway, I tried the walk-in session on 25thAug07. I got rejected because i was a few millimeters away frm 1.58m.(Im 1.56m)Since I was one of the "early birds" for that day, good thing was,was at least i didnt waste too much time since height measurement was the first to be done during the session. Im so determined to go through this AGAIN! I have made a vow to be taller. Ive read of some supplements that can encourage hormones growth and hence will also increase your height in a matter of months. Anyone tried before??

I dun think its possible to grow any taller once u've reached ur peak depending on age ... except with surgery... illizarov surgery??

but if its proven that its possible especially with supplements... hmm... pls let us all know! i think there'd be tons waiting for this good news...
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

kristen
Regular
Regular

Post by kristen » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 9:40 am

Hey people ((:

Congrats to those who made it for ysterday's round and goodie luck for those who are going today!!

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 9:54 pm

Anyone starts his/her training on next Monday, 3rd Sep??

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:22 pm

For pleasure reading: (only in chinese)

http://chat.flymeow.idv.tw/flymeow/fa/data/fa/izami.htm