Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Re: Abt Water Confidence Test

Post by M » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:47 pm

PinkIsCute wrote:Dear all,

I have a problem which has perplexed me for quite a long time.
Is it necessary that i have to know swimming for the water confidence test? I once called SIA asking abt this. The answer is NO, just so long as you feel comfortable in the water.

However, from the msgs i've been getting here, it seems like I have to know how to swim.Is it so? Can anyone pass me a confirmed answer?

because I dont know how to swim... :oops:

Thank you.
I've read some of the previous posts, it seems that it's better that you know how to swim though the water confident test involves you and a life jacket but I think subsquently in your training, you will need to swim a short distance? I hope I'm right about this info though I rather not for you can't swim. But you can start learning now? :)

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:47 pm

JaS wrote:jaymee, If I Were U, I'd Be In Formal With Waterproof Makeup, Just In Case
Best Of Luck!
hey JaS, i will surely do that! cant risk looking like a unglam racoon... dunno if i can even get to the water confidence stage as i have scars on my ankle... can someone tell me if the beautician actually check the feet/leg? if yes, to wat extent do they do so? thanx!

Post by Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:01 am

Is it necessary that i have to know swimming for the water confidence test? I once called SIA asking abt this. The answer is NO, just so long as you feel comfortable in the water.

However, from the msgs i've been getting here, it seems like I have to know how to swim.Is it so? Can anyone pass me a confirmed answer?

Thank you.
not a must to know how to swim. there are quite a number of SIA girls who do not not how to swim. anyway, during the water confidance test, u will have a life vest on, so dun worry.

|Bluz|

Post by |Bluz| » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 2:23 am

Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.
not a must to know how to swim. there are quite a number of SIA girls who do not not how to swim. anyway, during the water confidance test, u will have a life vest on, so dun worry.
Best thing to do is... know how to 'breath' when you jump into the water (about afew meters high) then you have to 'swim' yourself backstroke (you are wearing a lifevest) to the end of the pool...
If you don't know how to swim... be sure that you are not afraid to jump in and paddle without panic.

Imagine if they pass people who dunno how to swim...what if there is a sea landing or things like that... the FAs are to help too... a scary thought if they can't... :roll:

Anyway you have the lifevest on. You don't panic and all... it should be fine...

I believe there are more things to be a FA than to just serve and smile and look nice... you learn first aid, food, wine, etc... like a well all rounder... coz when you are up in the air... you are responsible for these people flying with you.. they rely on you for water and food, guidiance in using the system and emergencies when needed.. you will be the first person they will approach, pressing that blinking light for assistance...
Nope, I've never been a FA, but i figured this is common sense isit it? when you want to get a job, learn what it is rather than how to pass the interviews... what if you get in and you dun find it suitable? a big waste of time wouldn't it? Am still hoping to get in! I'll try a second time next time... just my 2cents worth :wink:

Post by Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 9:07 am

jaymee wrote:
JaS wrote:jaymee, If I Were U, I'd Be In Formal With Waterproof Makeup, Just In Case
Best Of Luck!
hey JaS, i will surely do that! cant risk looking like a unglam racoon... don't know if i can even get to the water confidence stage as i have scars on my ankle... can someone tell me if the beautician actually check the feet/leg? if yes, to wat extent do they do so? thanx!

Past Exp From Last Time, But I Din make It Thru Also, Is That They Don Check The Feet But More Of The Upper Portion, Like Hands, Arm, Neck, Face
Ankle Is Covered By Kebaya, So Not Much Prob There, Unless It Is Real Big. Only The Feet Is Showing.

=)

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 9:27 am

Anonymous wrote:
jaymee wrote:
Best Of Luck!
hey JaS, i will surely do that! cant risk looking like a unglam racoon... don't know if i can even get to the water confidence stage as i have scars on my ankle... can someone tell me if the beautician actually check the feet/leg? if yes, to wat extent do they do so? thanx!

Past Exp From Last Time, But I Din make It Thru Also, Is That They Don Check The Feet But More Of The Upper Portion, Like Hands, Arm, Neck, Face
Ankle Is Covered By Kebaya, So Not Much Prob There, Unless It Is Real Big. Only The Feet Is Showing.

=)
hey guest, u have really put my worries to rest... shall hope for te best now. well, if u dun mind me asking, y didnt u make it thru? if u dun wish ti tell, thats alright... do they really prefer the "fleshy" girls to skinny ones?

Aure

Qatar Airways

Post by Aure » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:20 am

Check out www.qatarairways.com for cabin crew recruitment...

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:38 am

shopaholic wrote:
hmmm wrote:just out of curiosity, SQ from what i understand, they are selective with picking their girls and they sometimes make pretty good choices. one query... during the uniform test, i heard that they do have beautician to check applicants skin for "defects" what if one particular applicant is good but due to fact she have a tiny scar which is somehow a little difficult to cover even with concealer, does tht mean she will be elimicate?.. wont that be a waste if she have other good attributes but was eliminate for 1 tiny scar?

Dear hmmm, if like you said, this said girl has a tiny scar, then why is it even difficult to cover? If it really is that tiny, then I believe it's nothing a good makeup artist can't disguise/fix.

Really don't think that SQ will be like, "WAH LAO EH did you see that small speck of freckle under her chin??!??! OUT!!"

We definitely have to give SQ more credit than that. It's probably huge, visible cuts/birthmarks that they are more concerned about. But then again, I could be wrong.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Shopaholic YOU'RE HILARIOUS!! Esp that "WAH LAO EH" PART!!! :lol:

ciscorecall

What is the maximum age?

Post by ciscorecall » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:15 am

I'm already 27 :(

FAwannabe

Re: What is the maximum age?

Post by FAwannabe » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:30 am

ciscorecall wrote:I'm already 27 :(
Fret not, im your age too.. Max age 29. :)

Anna

Re: Qatar Airways

Post by Anna » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:49 am

Aure wrote:Check out www.qatarairways.com for cabin crew recruitment...
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I'm interested to join either Qatar or Emirates, which Airline offers a better remuneration? Calculated from Qatar's Webbie that pay is about 2.3K. Not very much considered that it is to be based overseas.

Tori

Post by Tori » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:09 pm

Thanks for sharing the info Anna.

Hopefully, anyone that sees Cabin Crew recruitment openings could update everyone thrgh this Forum.

Cheers! :D
Anna wrote:
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I'm interested to join either Qatar or Emirates, which Airline offers a better remuneration? Calculated from Qatar's Webbie that pay is about 2.3K. Not very much considered that it is to be based overseas.

Tori

Post by Tori » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:12 pm

Hi Aure,

Should say thanks to u!

:P

PuKi

Post by PuKi » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:33 pm

check this out also:
http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/Exp ... rew.asp#CO

Hi Folks,

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 1:35 pm

PuKi wrote:check this out also:
http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/Exp ... rew.asp#CO

Hi Folks,

Hi Gals, the airlines below are also recruiting! =D
http://jobsearch.careers.cathaypacific.com/ (Cathay Pacific) AND
http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb ... hlmsghykth (British Airways)