Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
old_man

Post by old_man » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 8:43 am

Hi! MelissaLin! Shatec Diploma (DTS & DHM) is recognised by them! But if u r holdin diploma in culinary skill, i'm nt very sure then..

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:57 am

wawaa wrote:
babyger wrote:
wawaa wrote: yes write down all the previous intv dates in the application form. Personally I feel it plays a big part for u to get tru the first round. I wrote down all my 7 dates!
wow.. 7 dates.. but it was yr first time at mgmt right.. congrats congrats.. :D
Hi babyger,

yup! actually I cant really remember if I wana be exact but througout 2006 haf tried 7 times n finally at 8th try I've made it and mgmt round is the furthest tat I've been tru for the very first time.
hihi...is it ok to right down only the mth that ive applied?coz ive forgotten the date... :roll:

Trinity4656

Post by Trinity4656 » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:59 am

DeeeNah wrote:
Trinity4656 wrote:Hie Hie, am new here. Have been reading this forum for a while. Congrats to those who have made it. Been wanting to give the interview a shot a few times, but havent had the courage. I'm not really that young (24 this year), am rather fleshy but have been working in the Customer Service line for 2 years. Any idea how 'fleshy'is fleshy to them? :oops:
Hey Trinity4656,

Welcome to the forum!

You should try out for it. I tried out for the 1st time this year and I am already 25! I am pretty fleshy too! I think it's all about proportion. :)
Hi Deeenah,

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! Hehe.

Think i should go for the int and just do my best.

Anyone else going for the interview on the 15th of July??

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:08 pm

me! :lol:

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:26 pm

illume80 wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:
illume80 wrote: Thanks joyful papaya, that is so reassuring. It's hard to concentrate at work when you keep thinking about waiting for the call! Hope you get yours soon. By the way when was your mgt? Mine was 30th May.
hey mine was on 30 May too. 845am...yours? maybe we've met!
Mine was 1030. But I could not make it for medical that day coz had to rush back to office. By the way I'm a guy 8-).
oh ok, i had my medical on the same day..

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 1:44 pm

hi trinity...is this yr first time??

all the best ok? :)

i will be trying too & its going to be my third time! :D
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 1:47 pm

O ya...Trinity & for those going for SIA on 15th July....there is emirates recruitment on the 14th July....just a day before SIA....u may be interested!....

refer to this for more info :D

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... tml#267481
:D
.CEL.

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 4:38 pm

trinity, i'll be going too! it gotta be my second try! :D

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 5:08 pm

Yo Trinity! I'll be going too... See u there!

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 6:45 pm

i will be goin too >.< good luck all!!

sugarforsweets

Post by sugarforsweets » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 8:10 pm

hi i am a newbie here... firstly, congrats to those who have made it and good luck for those who are going on the 15h july!! :D i was wodering where i could further go to for detailed information on the cabin crew position (bonding, salary etc ) also, can any experienced person here advice me if i should enter with "a" level qualifications or proceed with my degree? :?

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:15 pm

old_man wrote:Hi! MelissaLin! Shatec Diploma (DTS & DHM) is recognised by them! But if u r holdin diploma in culinary skill, i'm nt very sure then..

hi oldman
judging from how u pronounce e courses name i guess ure an ex SHATEC student, am i correct?

O really but if i have DHM + CFBO but not O-level isit alright? i know for sure w my CFBO cert its definetly a no no thing as i only got N level.

Are u already a succesful trainee w sq ?
I wanna be one

illume80

Post by illume80 » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:31 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:
illume80 wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote: hey mine was on 30 May too. 845am...yours? maybe we've met!
Mine was 1030. But I could not make it for medical that day coz had to rush back to office. By the way I'm a guy 8-).
hi joyfulpapaya, will they also call to inform applicants who do not pass the medical? Although I indicated that I can only start in September, I still need to give my current employer 2 months notice. So even if they call me a month before training date, I'm stuck! And I don't dare to resign until I get the confirmation... so yeah I have a problem. :roll:

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:32 pm

JadeiteJade wrote: hihi...is it ok to right down only the mth that ive applied?coz ive forgotten the date... :roll:
Yeah, that's fine. Month and year will do fine.
★ abnegation; self denial

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:48 pm

illume80 wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:
illume80 wrote: Mine was 1030. But I could not make it for medical that day coz had to rush back to office. By the way I'm a guy 8-).
hi joyfulpapaya, will they also call to inform applicants who do not pass the medical? Although I indicated that I can only start in September, I still need to give my current employer 2 months notice. So even if they call me a month before training date, I'm stuck! And I don't dare to resign until I get the confirmation... so yeah I have a problem. :roll:
wo, i get what you mean. but i not sure also leh... or u call them to check? or email them back using the last email they sent you. they'll prob call u after a few days after seeing ur email.