Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:29 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:i'm nervous, and i feel a little sick. oh gosh.

*kiss kiss* from ur bf..panadol..more water..sleep earlier tonight..ok cured..gambateh and all the best tomolo..

all of you going tomolo, all the best..i'm working tomolo..anyway i'll secretly peep on this forum and waiting for gd news from u guys..
ben-yng, just curious.. are you accepted by SQ oredi? or still waiting for interview date? TIA :wink:
i'm far from being accepted..nor waiting for a reply from SIA..i ll only aim for Jan intake, now trying damm hard to overcome my weakness..its the "key" for me to pass juz first round..

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:33 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
And_drew wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:thank the lord, i managed to clear all rounds today and i'm down for the final mgt round next thurs.

was so paiseh just now. the lady called out muhd hafizan just now and xanngac asked me if i'm hafiz. lol. then another tall girl came along and xanngac told me she was from the forum too. and while we were talking, another one joined in and said she was from the forum too! omg. then there so many more whom i believe i didnt see.

tall girl, what's your nick ah? sorry i didnt quite get it just now. and i second your idea of doing a dinner or smth!
Hey hafiz i believe u were the one in my group? So u got thru too...congrats!
haha. yeah! i told you about the forum so, welcome! haha. :)
Thanks, any idea if the rest of the guys got thru as well? my interview is on thur 3pm

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:34 pm

isabelle85 wrote:hi. I am new in the forum.

I will be going to the interview on 27th Jan, anyone esle going?

All the best to you guys going for the write in application tml. =)

you need not to ask this~~all of us going for Jan intake, for those who not going on Jan...***their spirit is going with us too***

do you know that you are in the "Titanic" now~~~

cheer up and get prepared for Jan ya..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Re: Give up a higher paying job?

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:36 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:Was wondering if anybody is facing the same dilemma as me..
Would you give up your current job which is paying much higher than what SIA is giving? Sigh.. I'm really feeling distressed cause when i went to try the first time, didnt expect that i'll not make it and it made me want it even more.. Think it's more of an ego issue and now i'm really stuck though i really want to succeed in the end.. Anybody feeling the same? :(
hmm..my case..seems like more complicated than yours..anyway..first come first serve..cant imagine that my future path is going to be decided so "cin cin cai cai"..

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Re: today interview

Post by elyn3ve » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:39 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
elyn3ve wrote:
hi rain chocolate,

how bad is your skin? cos i have bad skin too...

how thick is your make up this morning? did the beautician said anything about your make up?

Eve

ok.i have mild mild acne on my face.
and little bumps and unevenness. my skin isn;t very clear coz of the bumps. main prob are those uneveness lor. but i got no scar on my face.

and my skin on my chest and back area isn't very good as well.
got mild acnes and bumps and some pigmentation.

they jus told me tat my skin isn;t good.
beautician told me to take good care of my skin.
1-1 interviewer say my skin needs improvement.

but i've got hitck make up today. literally thick.
my shirt got a very heavy stain of foundation from my back & chest.
LOL
hi rainchoco,

same here... my skin has scar = unevenness.(bumpy bumpy). esp at cheek area.. acne only appear at jaw line.. the rest is fine..

do you mind to share with me the way u put on make up? what brand do you use? im looking foundation to cover the scar.. so far only m.a.c can do the job but look too thick.. from the forum, there is a gal who introduce me ettusias pore xx and shu uemura concealer..

do you have anything good to recommend?

Eve

white.minicooper

Re: today interview

Post by white.minicooper » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:43 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
white.minicooper wrote:
aletheatan wrote:hey peeps....am back too...am in Group 5 today...and today's arrangement is indeed weird...my group there's 4 guys n 4 girls for Round 1.

Result - 3 guys got in, n 1 girl only.

The 1 girl is not me....sigh! It's okie lar....just abit sad.....

Then I dun know if they made it afterall....the guys are indeed just a few.....unlike the walk-ins..

Hmm....dun know if I should still try for the next walk-in in Jan...age might be an issue with them afterall....haiz....

coz my group...those who went in are all below 25.....

How about u -- XannGac, LittlePinkFigure, Rainchocolate.....??? How did it go....No New means Good News??? Hehe
Hi gal,

i saw your group! I think its kinda unfair for you girls. Only 2 gals managed to pass the first round for my group. By the way how old are you?

omg i was in group 4. i think isaw your grp.
the only girl who got in is the onw who wore a dress and not bringing any bag.
u confirm know who am i. hahahaha
coz u all sat with me and a few other girls when waiting for round 1 results.
i was the one keeeeep on talking one. lol
yaking abt the skin. lol
Hi gal,
yes i saw you, you got selected and we'll sitting near the door, but so sorry i cannot remember your face. So you're left with the last round?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:54 pm

yea yea. i'm left with the management round..

dunno when they'll contact me cause i put down notice period 2 months.

but yupps. left thel last one.. its so hard!!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:01 pm

And_drew wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
And_drew wrote:Hey hafiz i believe u were the one in my group? So u got thru too...congrats!
haha. yeah! i told you about the forum so, welcome! haha. :)

Thanks, any idea if the rest of the guys got thru as well? my interview is on thur 3pm
i dunno lei. i think i saw the alexander fella coming out with the slip of paper. i was too kancheong to see lah cuz i knew it was my turn to go in. then when i left and boarded the bus, the guy in black almost boarded the bus but he alighted. so i dunno if he got in anot. the one in grey tt one i dunno. we'll see next week i guess. haha. mine's at 3.30pm... yep.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:03 pm

ben-yng wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
*kiss kiss* from ur bf..panadol..more water..sleep earlier tonight..ok cured..gambateh and all the best tomolo..

all of you going tomolo, all the best..i'm working tomolo..anyway i'll secretly peep on this forum and waiting for gd news from u guys..
ben-yng, just curious.. are you accepted by SQ oredi? or still waiting for interview date? TIA :wink:
i'm far from being accepted..nor waiting for a reply from SIA..i ll only aim for Jan intake, now trying damm hard to overcome my weakness..its the "key" for me to pass juz first round..
you sound so demoralized! dont be.. haha.. i can only aim for the jan intake too.. they din want me for the write in.. :roll:

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:06 pm

xanngac and the other tall girl! no news?

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:10 pm

guys.. i do really really happy for you..for going so far..

this is such a good forum..ppls with a same dream gathering here..sharing info, happiness and problems as well.. and finally..they do meet up as colleagues..and become friends..(is there anyone become a couple~~)

27 Dec is a special day.. I can see there are lotsa good news posted today.. all the threads posted on 27 Dec brighten my day and i believe it bring me good dreams too..

Hafiz..Congra..u definitely have a advantage with your French Language oh..and for the rest..congra too..

Hmm..feel a bit lonly~~being left behind lol :-k :roll: #-o

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:15 pm

haha. thanks ben. but cant rest on my laurels just yet. still got management to clear! scary man. you add oil ok? i'm almost like vernie. today was my 5th time. and 1st time going so far in the interview process. so, must jia you!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:29 pm

i feel so left behind too!!! hahaha

ChLoeGer

Re: small world...

Post by ChLoeGer » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:36 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
aletheatan wrote:hahaha..small world...to think that we spoke!! hehe =)

yah...but to be honest...i think u skin is quite okie...at least to me it looks fine....hehe...n ur make up is okie mah....not thick lar....very cheery person..

btw...did the ger next to u passed? the one carrying the LV bag...and have 2 trainees coming in to tok to her....

yah lor...my group only the girl without bag pass...she is quite pretty....n the tallest amongst us.....

good luck babe.... go go go!!! ;)
haha the LV bag girl so so chio la. she very pretty seriously. i think she got the highest. she got 4 4 4 4 4. hahaha got in alr. her management next week.
what is it about the score sheet? you mean the interviewers will let us see the score so that we can know why we are in or out??

anyway congrats to all who gets in today! for those who haven't..do keep on trying ya? jiayou jiayou!

garlic

Post by garlic » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:36 pm

Inspiredsand wrote:
Hey hey no worries garlic! I got thru during the walk-in on 1 dec 07. 2 of us received the call and we have to head back for repeat xray with suspected scoliosis as well. we did and we got thru! we are both starting our training soon. so rest assured you'll be good.. the only misfortunate thing is we have to fork out $150 from our own pocket. =(

but its definitely worthwhile! hehz... =)
hey,
thanks alot for your assurance. i hope all goes well too. btw, did you guys get the scoliosis xray results on the spot or the clinic got back to you? i saw my xray just now, indeed was a little curved but the radiographer didnt want to comment. looks like i just have to wait for the clinic to call. wish me luck.