Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Re: skin

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:05 pm

sqhopeful wrote: dear ladies, any tips for the kebaya round because i failed that round previously... tia!!
hmm.. my experience on that... grab a fitting uniform (all e uniforms don have fixed size as its tailor-made, but i guess find one that suits ur figure most..would look very flattering) , pull back ur shoulders, maintain a very straight posture n walk slowly n confidently ba :lol:

papercut

Post by papercut » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:11 pm

ah! I thought it was like 'hear' in hokkien. They have the kebaya round for girls, what about the guys?

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:26 pm

guys don have lah.. i read that the interviewers just asked them to walk n check skin nia..

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:44 pm

i finally found a dermatologist. =\

got some extra medication and stuff like tat.

scheduled for a chemical peeling session for chest and back on monday.

worried.

hahaha i still think i wun pass skin on the coming thursday. where got so fast effect one.

lol!! maybe pin hopes on january one. haha

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:46 pm

rainschocolate,u never know (if u would fail skin check)... perharps they would miss out on that?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:49 pm

starrynitezz wrote:rainschocolate,u never know (if u would fail skin check)... perharps they would miss out on that?
sigh coz i failed skin on 01dec.. think they got record.. like how far did u get in the interview or smthing. so.. they might know that i failed skin the other time.. not sure..

ya lor.. =(

sqhopeful

Post by sqhopeful » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 9:01 pm

starrynitezz wrote:tia = thanks in advance? :D

hmm.. my experience on that... grab a fitting uniform (all e uniforms don have fixed size as its tailor-made, but i guess find one that suits ur figure most..would look very flattering) , pull back ur shoulders, maintain a very straight posture n walk slowly n confidently ba
yup, that's right. :)

i'm actually a little under weight... 157cm at 44kg. i don't think they have such small uniforms. :(

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 9:10 pm

Im sure they have really small uniforms ba.

by the way i am reeeally curious..How does one know the uniform one grabs is gonna be figure-flattering for oneself?
I mean like what if I take a uniform that's a tad baggy or snug?
Then How??

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 9:27 pm

sqhopeful wrote:
starrynitezz wrote:tia = thanks in advance? :D

hmm.. my experience on that... grab a fitting uniform (all e uniforms don have fixed size as its tailor-made, but i guess find one that suits ur figure most..would look very flattering) , pull back ur shoulders, maintain a very straight posture n walk slowly n confidently ba
yup, that's right. :)

i'm actually a little under weight... 157cm at 44kg. i don't think they have such small uniforms. :(

wow you're 157cm? they let u pass the height taking?
actually ahha i'm 158, but when i took the height b4 kebaya they say i'm 157.5cm. lol
try to go to the interview early. the earlier batches have neater uniforms that are placed in order, from biggest to smallest or the other way round.

i can't zip up my top the other time. coz i took the 4th smallest i think lol. and the girl next to me saw it and she rushed out to help me take another one so i cud change in time. =)

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Re: Dreams..

Post by gladys_lopez » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:14 pm

ben-yng wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote: how dare you!! shd inform earlier and gather ppl here before u go ma.. kick u out from the boat~~
Aiya.. Last min thingy. Went to learn from a CC near my house, very cheap, only $65 for 12 lessons.

Should consider going to CCs to learn as it is much cheaper and convenient. Some of the students in my class are recommended by friends and travel from Seng Kang all the way to Jurong to learn. My teacher is quite good! :)

Don't throw me down though i can try to float with my lifejacket (pretend only) hehe.. Gan Batte everybody!! :D

which CC u r in?
I went to Nanyang CC.
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:40 pm

I sent my application on friday night and I wonder if I do get shortlisted, will i be in the group interview on 27 Dec? Ugh, I'm getting panicky!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Visble scar

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:51 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
ow_tv wrote:Hi everyone, just want to know what is the possibility of being accepted if you have two small scars around your bottom lip? Cuz in the application form they ask if you have any visible scars. Anyone knows of people getting in despite having visible scars?
hihiz.. i got a chicken pox scar on my forehead bt i got in.. so dun worry to try ya?? nothing is impossible!!! look at our Asian idol here - VENIE!!

haha..Venie..u r really getting very famous here le!! =D
ChloeGer, you have a chicken pox scar on your forehead? I have one too, and mine is abt 5mm diameter but it is shallow. It can be covered by fringe but will they be very particular?

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:11 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
ow_tv wrote:Hi everyone, just want to know what is the possibility of being accepted if you have two small scars around your bottom lip? Cuz in the application form they ask if you have any visible scars. Anyone knows of people getting in despite having visible scars?
hihiz.. i got a chicken pox scar on my forehead bt i got in.. so dun worry to try ya?? nothing is impossible!!! look at our Asian idol here - VENIE!!

ChloeGer, you have a chicken pox scar on your forehead? I have one too, and mine is abt 5mm diameter but it is shallow. It can be covered by fringe but will they be very particular?
pinklittlefigure: How did you email them, copy + paste the application form to the email or attached the form to your email? I sent in my application on friday night too, did you get any response from them? i'm getting panicky too :???:

I have a large pore/scar (more of a inwards dent) ard 2mm size on my nose and also a mole of similar size under my earlope. Is it possible to use concealer like Dior Skinflash to hide both? Or any workable solution?Are they very particular about this?

It's my 1st time on this forum after reading so much, thanks in advance for helps :oops:

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:22 pm

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote: hihiz.. i got a chicken pox scar on my forehead bt i got in.. so dun worry to try ya?? nothing is impossible!!! look at our Asian idol here - VENIE!!

pinklittlefigure: How did you email them, copy + paste the application form to the email or attached the form to your email? I sent in my application on friday night too, did you get any response from them? i'm getting panicky too :???:

I have a large pore/scar (more of a inwards dent) ard 2mm size on my nose and also a mole of similar size under my earlope. Is it possible to use concealer like Dior Skinflash to hide both? Or any workable solution?Are they very particular about this?

It's my 1st time on this forum after reading so much, thanks in advance for helps :oops:
Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.
I've yet to receive any email from SIA and I sent my form in on Friday night. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday we will get a reply from them.

My scar is an indentation mark so even with makeup on, I can only lighten it but no cover it. I recommend Shu Uemura foundation and concealer as they are super heavy duty and it hid my 2 revolting pimples during the 1 Dec interview. Sadly, I wasnt selected to go thru the second segment as I believe my size was partly the reason.

According to my observation that day itself, they are looking for girls whom have alright skin and a slim body.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:33 pm

Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.
I've yet to receive any email from SIA and I sent my form in on Friday night. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday we will get a reply from them.

My scar is an indentation mark so even with makeup on, I can only lighten it but no cover it. I recommend Shu Uemura foundation and concealer as they are super heavy duty and it hid my 2 revolting pimples during the 1 Dec interview. Sadly, I wasnt selected to go thru the second segment as I believe my size was partly the reason.

According to my observation that day itself, they are looking for girls whom have alright skin and a slim body.
pinklittlefigure: Oh my! I did my entire application form on Words by deleting the non-relevant part like Dr,Mrs,Mr etc or writing N.A in the given blanks. Should i redo my application and sent in again? Mon/Tues is kinna like a long public holiday, wish that we could get a response from them soon :D

Thanks for the advices, think i have to start digging for my makeups. It's my 1st time trying for the cabin crew. Have yet tried out the actual stuff and it's already freaking me out :shock: