Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Eneres

Post by Eneres » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 5:41 pm

Hey Iwannafly,

Why don't you post the questions asked and your answers in this thread and we'll all try to figure out what went wrong? Can you still remember? Maybe if we all help you out, we'll find the reason why you are booted out?

And than, we can all work hard in fulfilling our dreams. :) Cheers!

P.S. Just in case you guys think i'm studying, i have already graduated and currently working......:)
Yours Truly

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 5:55 pm

Eneres wrote:
Why don't you post the questions asked and your answers in this thread and we'll all try to figure out what went wrong?

Ha ha, that won't help one little bit, should she go again the interview may or may not take on a different format which could be even harder. I doubt very much if you will be able to find out the reasons why she didn't make it.

A better course of action would be to plan your application in advance; hint: think what does the job entail? What attributes qualifications do you possess which would be an asset to the airline? What do you know about the job and the airline are a few avenues to be explored. :wink:

kaozzzzzz

Post by kaozzzzzz » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 6:27 pm

neddy wrote:
kaozzzzzz wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: hey gal.. starting from the 1st dec walk in, there will be no more Water confidence tests and tea party..

that means no need to wear swim suit and jump in water! =)

and no need to mingle around while being observed by management staffs too..
Hi Hi....
yeah it's true there's no more water confidence tests....but then there will be a stage where u still need to do it....
this is where they spot those who dare not jump into the water from that 2.5 storey high mock up....

should u still refuse to jump in due to the fear in height, they will refer you to the management...(Pls remember that you've already signed the bond).....

Hearsay that there are people (but very seldom) who said bye bye to SIA becoz of that...and they had to pay the bond
Is it true? since i went for a write in interview (13/1), i heard this walking with swimming suit round. Im not sure about this since i got thru only until round two. Do anyone out there went for 13 jan interview confirm me this?thanks!
well, i can be very sure it is very true...coz I did not take my water confidence at all....

neddy

Post by neddy » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 6:35 pm

kaozzzzzz wrote:
neddy wrote:
kaozzzzzz wrote: Hi Hi....
yeah it's true there's no more water confidence tests....but then there will be a stage where u still need to do it....
this is where they spot those who dare not jump into the water from that 2.5 storey high mock up....

should u still refuse to jump in due to the fear in height, they will refer you to the management...(Pls remember that you've already signed the bond).....

Hearsay that there are people (but very seldom) who said bye bye to SIA becoz of that...and they had to pay the bond
Is it true? since i went for a write in interview (13/1), i heard this walking with swimming suit round. Im not sure about this since i got thru only until round two. Do anyone out there went for 13 jan interview confirm me this?thanks!
well, i can be very sure it is very true...coz I did not take my water confidence at all....
ouh ok, did u went for 13 jan write in?

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:40 pm

HippiEeEe wrote::( Oh well, I also did not make it on my 1-1 interview. Guess the Interviewer thinks I'm not good enough...

But however, the Interviewer did double check my cell-phone no and house contact no. :oops: Not giving myself any false hope, but do you guys think that they will still contact even though I'd fail this round?

Please advice!

Thanks!
Pinklittlefigure passed all her rounds last sunday. That was her 4th attempt. Now how did make it. Was it because she attended luke tan's Tips & Talks? Ask her lor.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:44 pm

sillybaby wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote: Sillybaby: Maintaining a calm face wasnt something easy but you must practice it frequently. I believe the reason why I manage to keep a straight face with a smile was because I've sort of tried many attempts till a point I can roughly anticipate what was next for me.

i was being asked on what wld i do if a passenger tries to date you out after your flight.
I would not entertain to such gestures because I do have the responsibility to uphold the company's image.

talk abt a bad customer encounter i may have.
If you did not come across any, I suggest you to put it in a mild manner and give a senario rather than just telling them you never did. You can start like "I'm considered very lucky not to come across any unpleasant encounter but in event I do, I will respond to it tactfully and ensure my customer is my priority"

what wld u do if you received a bad service.
If I were to recieve a bad service from a service provider, I would politely tell them my discomfort and wait patiently for their actions.
In event my discomfort is not acknowledge, I will make do with whatever that is available and wait till I get the chance to voice out.

Hope that helps :D
joyce, its no wonder you get in.. haha.. the questions were tough and your answers are excellent!

hope to c you in STC soon, msian counterpart!
Yeah~ i agree with ying on tis. Pink's answers are indeed excellent, gosh... Now i just hoped that i can get thru on my 3rd try tis time! first try was reli super nervous til i dunno what i am talking abt. 2nd try, better, but stil needa tink fast, man!

really thank you Pink. you made me have a better understanding on what are their expectations. so i conclude that we shld always bear in mind that no matter what, the company's policy is always the priority and that passengers are always right.

But not to the extend of giving you a slap. In which case, i wld confront the passenger and inform my IFS on duty immediately as that is considered as a repulsive act. something like tis...?
there was a gal whom i met on my mgmt round who got a scenario based question like "how will you handle if a passenger slaps you on board". Ruriko who passed the interviews suggested that the answer should be "i will not do anything about, and will seek help from my superior.. if not, i will try to change with my colleagues (as in like, change to be in charge of another aisle, instead of where the passenger who attacked u is seated at)

the gal said she will handle discreetly and she din pass.. it may or may not be bcos of that question.. but i tink to uphold SIA's image, its of cos their preference that u will really not do anything.. REMEMBER : DONT SAY ANYTHING BAD.. LIKE "REPULSIVE", "VIOLENT", "SETLLE IT WITH THE PASSENGER"

hope this helps.. :D
the world at your doorstep

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:48 pm

HI! HI! HI!

i am back from my management...!

and... ... ... .... I MADE IT!!! YIPPIE!!!

going down for my medical check up tml...

passing rate is quite good... 26 of us... only 3 didn't make it...

my management interview is quite relax actually... though while i was waiting for my turn... i am super super NERVOUS :???:
but when i open the door... 2 super nice ladies welcome me... at that point of time... i was like... WAH... SO NICE... CAN RELAX abit... keke...
they made me feel more relax and comfortable as they were smiling thru out the whole interview... and that makes me SMILE too... hehe... it was like a chit-chat session... they will ask u questions depending on wat u say... anyway... the whole process was a relax and full of laughters one...
i just keep talking...smiling...

and i think i saw my the score sheet... i saw something like 4, 4, 3.5, 3.5... and i cud'nt see the rest... and i dunnoe wat does each of them means... but i do feel kinda relief when i saw 2 4s on my score sheet...
hehe... :oops: i was like thinking... "i shud be quite safe bahhhhh....!?!?!"

i am so happy... finally... DREAM COMES TRUE! kekeke...

but still... keeping my fingers crossed for my medical check up tml...
touch wood... heez... :wink:

GOOD LUCK to all who are going for the management round tml n in the near future... :D

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:55 pm

to those who are going for your management interview...

do remember to bring along all the documents... original and PHOTOCOPIES!!! they need your photocopied documents... so do get it ready...
- bank book
- passport
- educational cert
- ic / birth cert
bring all original and photocopies!!!

coz... quite a number of us forget to bring this... bring that... never photocopy this... and that... so we were actually... sort of like get scolded for this... so... ya... remember ya! ALL THE BEST!!! :wink:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 7:58 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:HI! HI! HI!

my management interview is quite relax actually... though while i was waiting for my turn... i am super super NERVOUS :???:
but when i open the door... 2 super nice ladies welcome me... at that point of time... i was like... WAH... SO NICE... CAN RELAX abit... keke...
they made me feel more relax and comfortable as they were smiling thru out the whole interview... and that makes me SMILE too... hehe... it was like a chit-chat session... they will ask u questions depending on wat u say... anyway... the whole process was a relax and full of laughters one...

and i think i saw my the score sheet... i saw something like 4, 4, 3.5, 3.5... and i cud'nt see the rest... and i dunnoe wat does each of them means... but i do feel kinda relief when i saw 2 4s on my score sheet...

GOOD LUCK to all who are going for the management round tml n in the near future... :D
CONGRATS!

i wonder if your panel was the same as our panel on 8th jan. we had miss chua and miss lim.. 1 abit tai tai, the other more matured.. and looked more strict..

cya in STC soon! :wink:
the world at your doorstep

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 8:03 pm

wow...didn't expect the passing rate today was this high..slim chance for me...
mine is on fri...the last day for management round...still waiting for my email about the exact venue and stuff... :(

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 8:03 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
jeanette_tohjh wrote:HI! HI! HI!

CONGRATS!

i wonder if your panel was the same as our panel on 8th jan. we had miss chua and miss lim.. 1 abit tai tai, the other more matured.. and looked more strict..

cya in STC soon! :wink:

whoa, CONGRATULATIONS !! :D:D

hee.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 8:03 pm

msfifi wrote:gahhh this is the first time i got rejected at the door! i was measured 157.5cm and i told the lady i've been through a few rounds before and she was like "no, no, new measuring system"

oh well. time to grow taller!
New measuring system?? hahaha what rubbish!! they don't measure in centimeters anymore isit lol :lol:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 8:05 pm

jeanette_tohjh,

CONGRATS girl!!! hehe... hope to see ya real soon at stc...
Soaring above all

Akire

Post by Akire » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 8:09 pm

Wow congrats gals for making it through all the way. I went for my 1-1 today and the passing rate was fantastic! Everybody cleared and for a moment I was so so so so worried that I will be the 1st gal to break the record for the day and being asked to try again the next time.
My management will be on fri and I m now so so so so excited! This is my 1st time going so so so far and I just feel really blessed and hope that I can also join u guys and gals in may after my exams! Bless me! :D

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 8:10 pm

Akire wrote:Wow congrats gals for making it through all the way. I went for my 1-1 today and the passing rate was fantastic! Everybody cleared and for a moment I was so so so so worried that I will be the 1st gal to break the record for the day and being asked to try again the next time.
My management will be on fri and I m now so so so so excited! This is my 1st time going so so so far and I just feel really blessed and hope that I can also join u guys and gals in may after my exams! Bless me! :D

i want to start after my exams in may tooo !!! :(
CONGRATS FOR GOING SO FAR ! jia you jia you !