Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Suzycreamcheeze

Re: I got it too!

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 5:54 pm

Blue wrote:
Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
GELLY wrote:\

Hi there! Which day is your next interview with Silkair...Is it going to be at their headqurters? :roll:
hey guys, i just got a reply from them too. Worast part for me was that i heard that if u get a letter in the mail from them, means they returned that slip to u that we all filled up at the interview. and that letter is like a rejection letter.. so i went to the mailbox and saw a letter from them... my heart sank! I thouhg, ' im finished' hahaha...

turned out, when i read it, it was actually an invite for the 2nd interview next week. Mine is ont he 10th june at about 950am, and yeah, its at the SIA training centre.

to those of you who are still anxious and anticipating a call or letter. be patient, im sure it will arrive soon =) good luck to all of you.
I was so excited to know that someone has received the letter. I went downstairs to my mailbox immediately. And... I got in Round #2 too!!! The nice little envelope sitting in my mailbox, offering me Round 2 of the interview! Yippee!!! :D :lol:
CONGRATS!!! we'll probably see eachother there! its so nice to know how much this can make all of us so happy. LoL

Post by Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 6:16 pm

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
Blue wrote:
Suzycreamcheeze wrote: hey guys, i just got a reply from them too. Worast part for me was that i heard that if u get a letter in the mail from them, means they returned that slip to u that we all filled up at the interview. and that letter is like a rejection letter.. so i went to the mailbox and saw a letter from them... my heart sank! I thouhg, ' im finished' hahaha...

turned out, when i read it, it was actually an invite for the 2nd interview next week. Mine is ont he 10th june at about 950am, and yeah, its at the SIA training centre.

to those of you who are still anxious and anticipating a call or letter. be patient, im sure it will arrive soon =) good luck to all of you.
I was so excited to know that someone has received the letter. I went downstairs to my mailbox immediately. And... I got in Round #2 too!!! The nice little envelope sitting in my mailbox, offering me Round 2 of the interview! Yippee!!! :D :lol:
CONGRATS!!! we'll probably see eachother there! its so nice to know how much this can make all of us so happy. LoL
Nah, we'll probably wouldn't. Mine's in the afternoon, 3-ish. All the best to you anyway! Tell us about it once you get home from the interview! :)

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 6:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
Blue wrote: I was so excited to know that someone has received the letter. I went downstairs to my mailbox immediately. And... I got in Round #2 too!!! The nice little envelope sitting in my mailbox, offering me Round 2 of the interview! Yippee!!! :D :lol:
Nah, we'll probably wouldn't. Mine's in the afternoon, 3-ish. All the best to you anyway! Tell us about it once you get home from the interview! :)
yeah i will. definately. =)

JaS

Post by JaS » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 7:47 pm

Anyone Applying For Jetstar?

Post by Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 8:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:Anyone able to share how many rounds does one go through in a Silkair Interview?
Anyone can help with that??? :roll:

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 8:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Anyone able to share how many rounds does one go through in a Silkair Interview?
Anyone can help with that??? :roll:
hmmm im not really sure how the whole process works. I myself am getting into this without really knowing how many rounds there are. But dont worry too much, ims ure u'll manage to get thru with ease. Atleast they give u about 1 week b4 the next round.

I would like to know how they go about the rounds too actually. I dont knwo how the net round will be also. Perhaps someone can help us.

peanut

Post by peanut » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 9:36 pm

hi, i'm thinking of applying for a job in sia as an air stewardess but i don't have any work experience. does sia employ anyone without work experience? i am graduating soon so this would be the first job that i am applying to.
the next thing that i am very worried about is that i don't have any experience with make up and nail polish and stuff. i am rather a tomboy and have never put on make up although i do have long hair. i am also rather on the fleshy side so i don't know if this will hinder my chances. Any advice? i am really keen to be a flight attendant :(

Juzzy

Re: sia training

Post by Juzzy » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:25 pm

Anonymous wrote:
juzzy05 wrote:Hi all, i am new on this forum.. does anyone know if the sia training will start immediately after the recruitment? I have not graduated and was thinking if I can go ahead and try my luck and if i am really lucky, reserve a place first and join in the next training... Sounds unlikely though...[/quote

You can still try but it depends whether they are willing to pend your commencement date till after your graduation.
Thx for the reply! Are you a SQ girl already? *Curious*

Hi SuzyCreamcheeze, if i am not wrong, i seen previous post of yours, are you 158cm? are the hiring people very strict on this?

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:08 pm

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
GELLY wrote:
Silkair wrote:Hey.. I got a reply from Silkair.

I am going for the interview next week.

ANyone rcv reply and going too??
\

Hi there! Which day is your next interview with Silkair...Is it going to be at their headqurters? :roll:
hey guys, i just got a reply from them too. Worast part for me was that i heard that if u get a letter in the mail from them, means they returned that slip to u that we all filled up at the interview. and that letter is like a rejection letter.. so i went to the mailbox and saw a letter from them... my heart sank! I thouhg, ' im finished' hahaha...

hi got my letter too for the 2nd interview! on the 10 june see u all!

Post by Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:36 pm

Hi can anybody who havebeen to the emirates intrview advise me on how they take the height? i dun quie uderstand how to get a minimum of 212cm on tip toe. izzit measured from finger tip while tip toe?

many thanks

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi can anybody who havebeen to the emirates intrview advise me on how they take the height? i dun quie uderstand how to get a minimum of 212cm on tip toe. izzit measured from finger tip while tip toe?

many thanks

yea its on 212cm with tip toe.
:)

Myth

Post by Myth » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:43 pm

becky wrote:
Myth wrote:Hi everyone, I have an interview with SIA this coming Sunday in KL.
Anyone here who is going as well?
I'm in the 1010 hrs session - If you're in the same session, maybe we can meet up before interview starts and calm each other down? :roll:
Hi Myth,
which intake did you apply? I didn't know they have an interview on sunday.......april intake?Stewards or stewardess? I missed the april intake and waiting for the next one...hopefully in June or July.........
Hi Becky,

I applied somewhere in May. The interview was supposed to be in end May according to the SIA webpage. Therefore, I was quite surprised to receive an invitation for interview on 5 June. Most prob it got delayed for a week.

fly

jet star

Post by fly » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:55 pm

hi all aspiring flight attendant

this is a wonderful website:)
jetstar is recruiting? i missed getting the straits times today, can any one kindly let me know the application procedure?

Many thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 1:14 am

anyone knows how to apply for jetstar?

Re: sia training

Post by Guest » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 1:59 am

You can still try but it depends whether they are willing to pend your commencement date till after your graduation.[/quote]

Thx for the reply! Are you a SQ girl already? *Curious*

Hi there, nope, I am not a SQ gal. I study Human Resources so its more from a HR point of view. Don't worry too much as I believe that HR can be flexible at times. It all depends on the Recruitment Manager.

Give a shot at it by applying first. Best of Luck! :)