Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Heybear

Review

Post by Heybear » Sat, 15 Feb 2014 9:06 pm

Hi, anybody going back for review on 16 march?

Heybear

Post by Heybear » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:42 pm

@heyheyhey hi! sorry I cant pm reply you becos I've not post enough :/ I'm the same as you!! :( Maybe we can continue the convo here first until I can pm you? ;b lol

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 8:22 pm

Anyone starts on 18th march? Pm mi, thanks!

vasilysa

Re: few queries

Post by vasilysa » Mon, 17 Feb 2014 1:35 am

flyhighdya wrote:I want to know if SIA provide accommodation for overseas cabin crew
Do they provide it? is it free?If no, how much are they paying? 
How about electricity, gas, water, etc? 
Do they give you money in 4 months of training? if so, how much? 

explain as detail as possible.. I tried looking it in google but cudnt find.. who else can answer these better u all here so posting.. hoping a reply

Thank you sooooooooo much guyssssss.. 
SIA don't provide accommodation for cabin crew. I know many malaysians/thai have to rent a room in sg. Not so sure about koreans/japanese though.

You are paid the basic pay during the first 4 months of training :)

flyhighdya

Post by flyhighdya » Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:40 am

Hi Vasilya..,

Thanks much for the reply :)

Do let me know any further info dat u r updated on SIA

Thanks again .. gud day :)

heyheyhey

Post by heyheyhey » Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:07 pm

Heybear wrote:@heyheyhey hi! sorry I cant pm reply you becos I've not post enough :/ I'm the same as you!! :( Maybe we can continue the convo here first until I can pm you? ;b lol

Hey!! sure!! haha what are you being reviewed for??? maybe we can meet haha which interview u went? how long was your review?

heyheyhey

Post by heyheyhey » Wed, 19 Feb 2014 1:38 pm

heyheyhey wrote:
Heybear wrote:@heyheyhey hi! sorry I cant pm reply you becos I've not post enough :/ I'm the same as you!! :( Maybe we can continue the convo here first until I can pm you? ;b lol

Hey!! sure!! haha what are you being reviewed for??? maybe we can meet haha which interview u went? how long was your review?

@heybear

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 4:51 pm

Do sia accept returning mum only? Any successful cabin crew recruited is a mother? Many thks.

hessybabe

Post by hessybabe » Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:27 am

Helloooo! I'm new here. Just want to know whether they accept SPR?

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:08 pm

hessybabe wrote:Helloooo! I'm new here. Just want to know whether they accept SPR?
Hi! It's not stated on the Singapore's recruitment page but according to Malaysia's recruitment page, Malaysians(and so possibly SPR) are invited to attend the Singapore's recruitment :)

Hope this is not too confusing. Otherwise check out SIA's cabin crew appointment page under "Singapore" and "Malaysia" and you'll know what I mean ;)
http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/caree ... ointments/

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 9:25 pm

went for the interview today and response was overwhelming! so much so that I got through management round and am not able to go to STC for interview tomorrow as all slots are full and will have to wait for their email. did anyone go through the same situation as i did? will they really send an email to reschedule? :(

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:26 pm

manythoughts wrote:went for the interview today and response was overwhelming! so much so that I got through management round and am not able to go to STC for interview tomorrow as all slots are full and will have to wait for their email. did anyone go through the same situation as i did? will they really send an email to reschedule? :(
Hey! Me too! Was told to wait for their email. I was shocked by the amount of people when I reached Sheraton. haha. Congratulations by the way! And do update here when you've received the email! :)

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:44 pm

MeganL wrote:
manythoughts wrote:went for the interview today and response was overwhelming! so much so that I got through management round and am not able to go to STC for interview tomorrow as all slots are full and will have to wait for their email. did anyone go through the same situation as i did? will they really send an email to reschedule? :(
Hey! Me too! Was told to wait for their email. I was shocked by the amount of people when I reached Sheraton. haha. Congratulations by the way! And do update here when you've received the email! :)
Congratulations to you too!
Yea, today was pretty insane.. heard from a lady in my group that when she went at 10am the line to hand in the forms was like a snake! making several turns at the stairway. hence she went for breakfast instead at returned at 12pm and it was already group 120+! till 130pm there was still a steady stream of candidates turning up!

will do so! Do keep us posted as well! (:

if anyones been through this and have a rough idea how long this will take, do advise! It will be very much appreciated!

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:19 pm

manythoughts wrote: Congratulations to you too!
Yea, today was pretty insane.. heard from a lady in my group that when she went at 10am the line to hand in the forms was like a snake! making several turns at the stairway. hence she went for breakfast instead at returned at 12pm and it was already group 120+! till 130pm there was still a steady stream of candidates turning up!

if anyones been through this and have a rough idea how long this will take, do advise! It will be very much appreciated!
Yes I will! Anyway, did they tell you to go to a link to submit your CV? :/

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:56 pm

MeganL wrote:
manythoughts wrote: Congratulations to you too!

Yes I will! Anyway, did they tell you to go to a link to submit your CV? :/
yes they did! which i thought was pretty strange... but ive done so as adviced anyway. (: