Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Decemberrr

Post by Decemberrr » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 9:52 am

pastapasta wrote:I failed management for the second time. Do you guys think I should enlist the help of bohtong for the 1 to 1 session or just give up?

Thanks.
Hey there, don't give up! I failed the management rounds three times before I finally made it on my fourth attempt! I guess sometimes the interviewers do get moved by the perseverance shown, so do slip in the fact (if you haven't already) that it isn't your first time trying, and what it is exactly that made you come back time and again to give it another shot. :)

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:24 am

Decemberrr wrote:
pastapasta wrote:I failed management for the second time. Do you guys think I should enlist the help of bohtong for the 1 to 1 session or just give up?

Thanks.
Hey there, don't give up! I failed the management rounds three times before I finally made it on my fourth attempt! I guess sometimes the interviewers do get moved by the perseverance shown, so do slip in the fact (if you haven't already) that it isn't your first time trying, and what it is exactly that made you come back time and again to give it another shot. :)
I failed three times too and made it on my fourth. Btw when are you starting?

Decemberrr

Post by Decemberrr » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:25 am

ruthrinlim wrote:
Decemberrr wrote:

Thanks.
18 Feb! And you??

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 1:05 pm

Decemberrr wrote:
ruthrinlim wrote:
Decemberrr wrote: Hey there, don't give up! I failed the management rounds three times before I finally made it on my fourth attempt! I guess sometimes the interviewers do get moved by the perseverance shown, so do slip in the fact (if you haven't already) that it isn't your first time trying, and what it is exactly that made you come back time and again to give it another shot. :)
18 Feb! And you??
One batch after yours :D

mimime

Post by mimime » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 2:22 pm

Hello there. Any one still waiting for call or letter from 23rd Novemeber 2013 interview?

29lam

Post by 29lam » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 4:51 pm

Decemberrr wrote:
ruthrinlim wrote:
Decemberrr wrote: Hey there, don't give up! I failed the management rounds three times before I finally made it on my fourth attempt! I guess sometimes the interviewers do get moved by the perseverance shown, so do slip in the fact (if you haven't already) that it isn't your first time trying, and what it is exactly that made you come back time and again to give it another shot. :)
18 Feb! And you??

heyyy! im 18feb too! batch 05/14. :)

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 7:21 pm

I read from one blog forgot i think it was BT himself. There is interviewer didnt like the candidate gg for the seminar and fail the interviewee? I think any preparation is good as long as you need to speak things positive about yourself and support the claim. Just like short stint job, if you can provide a good answer to back yourself up. It also can clear your interview.

Also by stating and never give up attitude interviewer also can pass your interviewer and moved by you. :)

just my thoughts.

danseur_16

Post by danseur_16 » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 2:49 am

Hey Decemberrr, ruthrinlim and 29lam, im starting on the 11th feb! :)
any friends of yours starting on that date as well? hope to know you guys before we bum into each other in STC! :)

hope to hear from you guys soon!

cheers!
not all those who wander are lost

29lam

Post by 29lam » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 9:17 am

danseur_16 wrote:Hey Decemberrr, ruthrinlim and 29lam, im starting on the 11th feb! :)
any friends of yours starting on that date as well? hope to know you guys before we bum into each other in STC! :)

cheers!
Hi Danseur, congrats! :) i've not known anyone starting on 11 feb!

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 9:51 am

danseur_16 wrote:Hey Decemberrr, ruthrinlim and 29lam, im starting on the 11th feb! :)

cheers!
Danseur, I sent you a PM.

29lam

Post by 29lam » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:49 am

Anyone know the chances of passing for someone who has mild heart murmur problems? I tried googling, not much info found. TIA! :o

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:18 am

29lam wrote:Anyone know the chances of passing for someone who has mild heart murmur problems? I tried googling, not much info found. TIA! :o
If you google SIA medical check up, you will find that they are particular on this matter.

29lam

Post by 29lam » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:51 am

ruthrinlim wrote:
29lam wrote:Anyone know the chances of passing for someone who has mild heart murmur problems? I tried googling, not much info found. TIA! :o
If you google SIA medical check up, you will find that they are particular on this matter.
thanks ruthrinlim! ill google on that.

danseur_16

Post by danseur_16 » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 9:06 pm

Hello ruthrinlim, I've emailed you already. Thank you! :D

and to 29lam, thank you, congrats to you too! :)
not all those who wander are lost

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:01 pm

Hey guys! Just to ask if anyone went for the second xray or urine test? I'm not called up for any additional test, so does that mean that it's ok? I'm not very sure so I would not want to conclude anything yet.

And anyone declared their hospitalisation for fever ( or minor stuff) and got through??

Thanks if anyone can help!! :):)