Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 3:26 pm

@jaywii - really? oh dear. its ok, we will keep trying! i hope my skin gets better in time for the next interview. Gonna invest in a good foundation to hide all the non-3D flaws!

axeil

Post by axeil » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 3:50 pm

Anyone went for management round today? Word on the next interview date? August 27?

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 8:49 pm

tresorinlove wrote:@jaywii - really? oh dear. its ok, we will keep trying! i hope my skin gets better in time for the next interview. Gonna invest in a good foundation to hide all the non-3D flaws!
hahaha yeah, gonna keep trying! haha show my determination. LOL but its really v hard :( and depressing to get rejected over and over man!
the sky is the limit. (:

Bellelele

Post by Bellelele » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 8:55 pm

jaywii wrote:
tresorinlove wrote:@jaywii - really? oh dear. its ok, we will keep trying! i hope my skin gets better in time for the next interview. Gonna invest in a good foundation to hide all the non-3D flaws!
hahaha yeah, gonna keep trying! haha show my determination. LOL but its really v hard :( and depressing to get rejected over and over man!
hi jaywii, I went to sq thrice, first to the 1:1, second to management, 3rd the one yesterday was booted out round 1 !! Really feel so demoralising too!! Don't know what they are looking but I guess luck do play a part ! JIA YOU to u too!! :)
anyone know when is the next?? :roll:

chubbycat

Post by chubbycat » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 9:33 pm

hi babes,
if i'm not wrong, the next date will be on 24 august...

seems like the trend now is every 6 weeks.

Bellelele

Post by Bellelele » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:28 pm

chubbycat wrote:hi babes,

thanks babe! :D are u already in sq?

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:28 pm

chubbycat wrote:hi babes,

I think 6 weeks is more than enuff to prepare for the next interview...

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:08 pm

jaywii wrote:
tell me abt it. was my fourth time yesterday n got kicked out at first round. going early seems to not work for me damn. there were quite a lot of guys this time round though. e group behind me had 8 guys and 2 girls!

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 8:51 am

pianoplayer wrote:
jaywii wrote:
tell me abt it. was my fourth time yesterday n got kicked out at first round. going early seems to not work for me damn. there were quite a lot of guys this time round though. e group behind me had 8 guys and 2 girls!
yeah! i agree. my fourth time too. :( when i left, i saw a whole stack of papers for management round, but sadly, i didn't manage to secure one. i'll try in the noon the next time! haha

there was this group behind mine, first round, 9 of them went through! i feel sad for the one who didn't though. :(
the sky is the limit. (:

Redcolour

Post by Redcolour » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 2:06 pm

jaywii wrote:
yujie wrote:Hey peeps! I keep getting boot out during skin check.. Prolly my skin look rough even with foundation on... Dunno what to do now...
try exfoliating your face one every few days? apply mask twice a week. haha the advice i got from my cousin who's a beautician. i was really worried for mine too cause i suddenly broke out in spots/ rashes too. but thank god, i got through the skin check. really depends on luck i feel. the other time i went, i got booted out at skin check. and this time round, its the same person who checked my skin and i was really worried, cause my skin this time round was quite horrible, but she let me through leh. just keep trying? haha

what do they look for in skin check? i am quite worried for mine, even invested in a pore concealer but dont seem to cover that well leh...
I have friends who have alot of blemishes also got in...and she got it with her first try haha.. so lucky

liviatan

Post by liviatan » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 2:19 pm

Yea, agree that it actually depends on luck. have tried 4 times, been furthest to 1-1, booted out twice at skin check and was booted out at stage 1 on sat. By chance, any one knows where to remove dark spots? I just realised i have dark spots at the back of my neck. and i believe was booted out at skin check because of that. :(

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 2:26 pm

Redcolour wrote:
jaywii wrote:
yujie wrote:Hey peeps! I keep getting boot out during skin check.. Prolly my skin look rough even with foundation on... Dunno what to do now...
try exfoliating your face one every few days? apply mask twice a week. haha the advice i got from my cousin who's a beautician. i was really worried for mine too cause i suddenly broke out in spots/ rashes too. but thank god, i got through the skin check. really depends on luck i feel. the other time i went, i got booted out at skin check. and this time round, its the same person who checked my skin and i was really worried, cause my skin this time round was quite horrible, but she let me through leh. just keep trying? haha

what do they look for in skin check? i am quite worried for mine, even invested in a pore concealer but dont seem to cover that well leh...
I have friends who have alot of blemishes also got in...and she got it with her first try haha.. so lucky
skin check really depends alot alot on luck leh. my skin this time round was alot worse cause i broke out in spots and rashes but i was lucky to get through. they look out for everything. -.- the way you smile, (with teeth), the way you walk, talk, eye contact, everything leh. legs, feet, arms, hands, your neck, and most importantly, your face.
your friend is so lucky! haha any tips she shared? hahaha

@liviatan dark spots like what kind? hmm. try concealing?
the sky is the limit. (:

bunnypooo

Post by bunnypooo » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 5:16 pm

yeah guys i agree for skin check a lot of it is luck!but i think the younger girls are nicer.. the older ladies seem more strict and more demanding. the younger girls try to make it less stressful and talk to you (to see your teeth and smile) and also, they are nicer!

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 5:42 pm

jaywii wrote:
pianoplayer wrote:
jaywii wrote: hahaha yeah, gonna keep trying! haha show my determination. LOL but its really v hard :( and depressing to get rejected over and over man!
yeah! i agree. my fourth time too. :( when i left, i saw a whole stack of papers for management round, but sadly, i didn't manage to secure one. i'll try in the noon the next time! haha

there was this group behind mine, first round, 9 of them went through! i feel sad for the one who didn't though. :(
if you go during noon isnt that the lunch break n u have to wait longer? hahah is there any truth in going earlier n higher chance of making it all e way?? thats what all my friends keep telling me. :(

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 5:46 pm

pianoplayer wrote:
jaywii wrote:
pianoplayer wrote: tell me abt it. was my fourth time yesterday n got kicked out at first round. going early seems to not work for me damn. there were quite a lot of guys this time round though. e group behind me had 8 guys and 2 girls!

if you go during noon isnt that the lunch break n u have to wait longer? hahah is there any truth in going earlier n higher chance of making it all e way?? thats what all my friends keep telling me. :(
well, i thought by going earlier, the chances would be higher. but i went 4 times alr but still didn't make it. haha so i'm gonna try after lunchtime then.
the sky is the limit. (: