Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dorae

Post by dorae » Mon, 29 Oct 2012 6:14 pm

xgreenteax wrote:
dorae wrote:
xgreenteax wrote:Anyone starting training on Dec11th?
my training date is 11 dec 12 too what is your batch number ??
\

Batch 63/12. yours?
mine also 63/12 too woww!!

JeffLKS

Post by JeffLKS » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 7:50 am

Congratulation and enjoy your training! :D I'm looking forward to the next recruitment interview.

vaishaliradhakrishnan89

Post by vaishaliradhakrishnan89 » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 4:49 pm

nivla83 wrote:Wanna check is SQ is strict on age as I am 29/male this year and I would like to try out on the December OD.
hi hi...i went for the 22nd sept interview and i was seated nxt to a 29 year old malay guy...but he dint get thru...mayb cuz he was sooooo tall.. nrml skin tone...very friendly..answered appropriately as they asked though...so i guess its luck buddy...good luck!!! :)

vaishaliradhakrishnan89

Post by vaishaliradhakrishnan89 » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 4:53 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote:Hi folks, just a small reminder; it's not easy to be a crew. It might be glamorous with all the envious eyes on you but you don't know how bad it is with the irregular pattern, jetlag, flu/fever every two to three days due to the change of temperature and of course the hardwork you have to deal with pax or even your own colleagues.

I'm not stopping anyone to join but please think twice before stepping into this industry. But of course, for me, I'm happy being a flying crew. However, if I can choose again, I might not want to step into this industry. This is just my personal opinion.

Lastly fyi; you are not considered as a staff during your training days and you might just get terminated for a small mistake Afterall sq is all about image and discipline. Training is very tough, worse than NS which some of my batch boys claimed to be.

Wish all the hopefuls all the best in the upcoming interview. :)
Training worst then NS ?? I bet your batch boys must be a clerk, store man or some white horse who never goes through the real NS training. You will never perspire during the course of STC training. Zero running, push up, sit up and ''interesting'' physical exercise. No endless stand by bed and Turn out !!! You don't even need to know how to swim which in NS you will really suffer from that. Training is only "tough" in a way that you must pass all the theory test of many subjects in a short time, waking early Mon-Fri & fighting the Z Monster everyday from 2-5pm, that's all. :wink:

You are a staff once you sign the contract. You are paid and enjoy staff benifits such as medical. You will have a staff ID which can be use for free entry and discount in some night spot. If you get in trouble the media will report '' Ex SIA steward/stewardess.......etc"

hahahaha...thats good to noe info...im glad we're already staff during training...so that means if ur training den u dnt hv to worry bout the endless interviews...as long as u dnt buat hal laaahhh... :)

vaishaliradhakrishnan89

Post by vaishaliradhakrishnan89 » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 4:54 pm

JeffLKS wrote:Congratulation and enjoy your training! :D I'm looking forward to the next recruitment interview.
i guess i'll be seeing u ter...good luck buddy... 1st time???

JeffLKS

Post by JeffLKS » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 8:09 pm

vaishaliradhakrishnan89 wrote:
JeffLKS wrote:Congratulation and enjoy your training! :D I'm looking forward to the next recruitment interview.
Nope, my 5th time. Good luck to you too!

vaishaliradhakrishnan89

Post by vaishaliradhakrishnan89 » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 8:14 pm

JeffLKS wrote:
wow...this wud b my 2nd time and im tired already...gosh...salute those who keeps goin....

dnht get me wrong... i love the job...but the interview is sicko!!! duh...

JeffLKS

Post by JeffLKS » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:43 pm

JeffLKS wrote:
vaishaliradhakrishnan89 wrote: i guess i'll be seeing u ter...good luck buddy... 1st time???
wow...this wud b my 2nd time and im tired already...gosh...salute those who keeps goin....

Haha. Actually i enjoy the interview process , especially before the 1st stage where we wait for our group number. You can make friends along the way, provided you are not shy to approach. So far i haven't get the chance to 3rd stage, at most is at the skin check stage.

vaishaliradhakrishnan89

Post by vaishaliradhakrishnan89 » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 4:52 pm

JeffLKS wrote:
JeffLKS wrote: Nope, my 5th time. Good luck to you too!

Haha. Actually i enjoy the interview process , especially before the 1st stage where we wait for our group number. You can make friends along the way, provided you are not shy to approach. So far i haven't get the chance to 3rd stage, at most is at the skin check stage.
I see. At least u hv passed the 1st round. In my case, i havent gone to the 2nd round even. Hope to get to the finals this 1st dec. wishin the same for u. :)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 9:49 pm

My friend wants to join, but she's 27female this year... is it still possible? any girls got in at 27/28 of age??

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 4:49 pm

anyone here that are suppose to start training on the 11th of December and got scheduled for another date?

dorae

Post by dorae » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 7:18 pm

Shuin wrote:anyone here that are suppose to start training on the 11th of December and got scheduled for another date?
me!! i got rescheduled to 8 jan 2013

m_hearts

Post by m_hearts » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 12:12 pm

dorae wrote:
Shuin wrote:anyone here that are suppose to start training on the 11th of December and got scheduled for another date?
me!! i got rescheduled to 8 jan 2013
whoa! what happened? they rescheduled the whole batch?
btw, ever since i signed the agreement letter, i heard nothing from them already. is this normal? my training on 6 dec thou. thanks.

xgreenteax

Post by xgreenteax » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 1:31 am

me too. rescheduled to 9th jan

is 900sgd a month reasonable for rent in pasir ris area? middle room with a/c.

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 3:39 pm

xgreenteax wrote:me too. rescheduled to 9th jan

is 900sgd a month reasonable for rent in pasir ris area? middle room with a/c.
I'm rescheduled to the same day as you :)