Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 5:08 pm

galwithawand wrote:oh, and just to let all you guys know, there's a huge paycut in SIA just yesterday affecting EVERYONE. so now the pay u can expect every month flying has dropped significantly to about 3.2-4k
huge? drop in our allowances, yes but not paycut! blame it on our singapore dollars! :lol:

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 7:34 pm

M wrote:
huge? drop in our allowances, yes but not paycut! blame it on our singapore dollars! :lol:
sorry if i wasnt clear but yes i meant allowances. the bulk of the total pay is made up of allowances especially the meal allowance so that's a pretty sheer cut IMO.
i thought it was not due to SGD but due to the new way of calculating allowances by the new union?

dyeo

Re: hello

Post by dyeo » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:19 am

@baubbles: I got in during my second try. during my first try I was booted out at skin check round for not concealing what i should have. so the game round, 1-1, debate and kebaya fitting were new to me.

smile and be confident, and you win half of the battle ;)

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:32 am

dyeo wrote:@baubbles: I got in during my second try. during my first try I was booted out at skin check round for not concealing what i should have. so the game round, 1-1, debate and kebaya fitting were new to me.

debate?!!!!!!!!! there's even a debating round???

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:27 am

galwithawand wrote: debate?!!!!!!!!! there's even a debating round???
yes.. during the management round a topic will be given and 6 of you will be divided into 2 groups - the opposition and proposition

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:07 pm

M wrote:
galwithawand wrote:oh, and just to let all you guys know, there's a huge paycut in SIA just yesterday affecting EVERYONE. so now the pay u can expect every month flying has dropped significantly to about 3.2-4k
drop in allowances? is it drastic?

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:11 pm

dyeo wrote:
galwithawand wrote: debate?!!!!!!!!! there's even a debating round???
yes.. during the management round a topic will be given and 6 of you will be divided into 2 groups - the opposition and proposition
what?! is this something new implemented recently? cause from what i heard and learnt, management round it's 4 applicants vs 2 SIA pple and you gotta intro your partner and all that! no?!

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:15 pm

dyeo wrote:
drop in allowances? is it drastic?
are you in SIA yet? i'm not 100% sure but i think it's 100 plus for Japan stations and 80+ for US stations and 70+ for europe stations and so on. per day basis. so if you are in Japan for 3 days you get 300 plus lesser.

and i heard rumors that SIA is removing the 1 free ticket per year benefit. can someone clarify is this true?

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 1:45 pm

@galwithawand, I'm waiting for med result. hmmm you might wanna read up on the earlier posts by successful candidates for more info. during the management round, you'll be asked to introduce your partner, read a passage with a few tricky words and followed by a discussion or debate.

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 4:56 pm

dyeo wrote:@galwithawand, I'm waiting for med result. hmmm you might wanna read up on the earlier posts by successful candidates for more info. during the management round, you'll be asked to introduce your partner, read a passage with a few tricky words and followed by a discussion or debate.
ic! may i ask,when did u go for the interview and what's your availability date? i thought read a passage is during 1-to-1? i have read the success stories but there are so many versions of interview i'm kind of confused..

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 6:35 pm

@galwithawand, don't confuse yourself.
1st round - 10 hopefuls to 2 interviewers. Intro yourself and answer 1 question.
2nd round - skin check
3rd round - memory game followed by 1-1. interviewer will ask you many questions about yourself, get you to read a passage and then ask questions based on that. they are mostly scenerios
4th round - management round. you will be given a min to find out abt your partner then give an intro about him/her. 1 topic will be given after that for discussion/debate. then you will be asked to pick 1 passage on the table, so just stand up and read it out loud.
5th round - Kebaya fitting
6th round - medical check up

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 8:50 pm

omg thanks dyeo! i'd better save this somewhere! i seriously didnt know management round is so complicated. thought is just intro friend, chit chat a bit then done lol.. =x

babyger

Post by babyger » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 9:21 pm

wow..it seems like nw the interviews are getting tougher compared to last time.

so now we have to read 2 passage altogether ? any idea why we still have to read a passage at the management interview ?

may i know what sort of topic is it for the debate ? (those who've rch this rd can help? just wish to know roughly what is it. many thks.) how many interviewers during mgmt ?

btw, does it mean there's no more 1-2 interviewers like before ?

will some kind soul enlighten me. :) thanks a million~!

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:27 pm

I don't know why there are two passages. but I feel that it can actually help if you don't do well for your debate. and reading is like the easiest section in management round, so fret not.
as for the debate topic, it can be about F1, natural disasters, thoughts about pre marital pregnancy etc. perhaps the only tip is to read newspaper and watch news often.

2 interviewers for e first round, 1 interviewer for the third and 3 interviewers during management round

baubbles

Post by baubbles » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:47 am

dyeo wrote:@baubbles: I got in during my second try. during my first try I was booted out at skin check round for not concealing what i should have. so the game round, 1-1, debate and kebaya fitting were new to me.

omgosh! you're so lucky! :) wish I'm gonna be lucky during my next
try :/ but as the date draws nearer, I'm getting really nervous and my confidence level seems to drop after looking at all the pretty SQ girls at the airport! may I know what question did you get for ur mgmt round? :) did u prepare scripts for your stage 1 and 1-1 interview? sorry for asking so many qns! hee, thanks!