Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cherieboomboom

Post by Cherieboomboom » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 3:40 pm

@Lele2626 : hey babe, I not sure if I'm going! But why not u leave me your email so I'll contact u if I'm heading so we can go together! But I would really to try!

@hopejoe : thanks for the info babe! But if did did the crime just that it's not court case and the authorities decided to lay down the case and it was many years ago, is it the chances of getting in is much lower? I do have alittle scars, but I guess im able to conceal it! But is all the girls There havig flawless skin? Anyways, just wonderig are u a cc? Thanks so much:)

bimi

Post by bimi » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 4:32 pm

@hopejoe: when you will start your training?

interestingjob

Ban period

Post by interestingjob » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 6:45 am

Hi, anyone here knows if the ban period still exist? Cause went for the last walk-in interview and was out at the management round. Thinking of trying for this coming 25th sept
interview again, therefore, if the ban period still exist, then I won't go.

interestingjob

Post by interestingjob » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 6:59 am

I went for the last interview, with my hands having a few scars and I didn't even conceal it as I didn't know that the skin check would be on the same day. The interviewer asked me about my scars, told her it is because of my work that I sustained many wounds on my hands leading it to scarring. Thinking I will be be out at this stage, however I managed to get to the next round.
Cherieboomboom wrote:Need help desperately! Just need the answers before the next interview on 25th.

Just wondering if you have Been detained by the authorities but its not a court case, do u state 'Yes' in the application form? Will u be rejected straight away even before going for the interview? Is it a must to admit and state the informations in the application form?

An just wondering that, how strict are they in the skin check round? I do have a chickenpox mark on my cheek, and it's visible. Plus some blemishes and scars. What are the chances of getting in? It is a must to have flawless skin? Anyone here seen any girls who got in but doesn't have flawless skin?

Please help!!!

Lele2626

Post by Lele2626 » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:59 am

@cherieboomboom: I can't pm you cause I don't have enough posts. Do you mind if you pm me instead. Thanks babe!

louispoh

Post by louispoh » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:34 am

Hi

Anyone starting training on the 23rd?

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 4:21 pm

Cherieboomboom wrote:Need help desperately! Just need the answers before the next interview on 25th.

Just wondering if you have Been detained by the authorities but its not a court case, do u state 'Yes' in the application form? Will u be rejected straight away even before going for the interview? Is it a must to admit and state the informations in the application form?

An just wondering that, how strict are they in the skin check round? I do have a chickenpox mark on my cheek, and it's visible. Plus some blemishes and scars. What are the chances of getting in? It is a must to have flawless skin? Anyone here seen any girls who got in but doesn't have flawless skin?

Please help!!!
Hi Cherieboomboom,

id say just be honest. if they are really interested in what happened i think theyd ask you,otherwise its better to just declare such things and avoid getting found out later on.

For skin check, my skin isnt completely flawless. i went for a facial a week prior and got a pretty good concealor/foundation for the interview and i got through both the skin check rounds (third round n kebaya round). of course, im planning to further improve my skin with medication/laser. good luck!

hypertrophic

Post by hypertrophic » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 9:13 pm

yo.... ppl.... have anyone got any idea if we send in our resume instead of walkin in for the interview, how long will it take them to call?

thx a zillion!!1

xoxo

Lele2626

Post by Lele2626 » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:38 am

@leaaah: Hey babe, do you mind sharing what is the concealer and foundation you are using?

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:10 am

i received a call to go back on wed for kerbaya fitting cause i failed in the last interview during that round. anyone got called back?

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 1:23 am

hey lele2626

Im using a dual purpose sort. its by covermark. ive tried mac, lancome and loreal, and finally came to this brand while i was at Bugis (BHG). its coverage is really good but u have to set it with powder cuz its a solid paste. easy to blend if u buy the sponge too. the promoter told me thatt its waterproof as well. hahaha. so i guess this has to be the miracle product. i went to google it and its really one of the better concealors/foundations. but make sure u remove it thoroughly or its bound to clog ur pores if u have skin like mine. go for regular facials too.

Lele2626

Post by Lele2626 » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 2:39 pm

@leaaah: Thanks so much for the info! I am so worried about the blemishes on my face. And I suck at putting concealers. (: thanks again. Anw, Is it compulsory to wear shirt and skirt for the interview? Is dress and blazer okay?

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 8:49 pm

@lele2626; yup be sure to get a sponge/brush cuz itll definitely help w the application. i wore a sleeveless dress tt ends on my knee on the first day but pants and a floral short sleeved top for the mgmt and kebaya fitting on the second day. u dun actually have to wear blazer! just make sure u wear your hair neatly and no harm in nice shoes ;)

bobatealover

Post by bobatealover » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:07 am

So far, I haven't seen any of the female applicants wear blazers! Some guys do...but that's just the guys. For females, just office wear (w/o blazer) is enough. :wink:

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:17 pm

leaah, i read from the previous post that you wrote that u can only start end nov and u went for the aug interview and got accepted. have u inform u of your training date? and are you done with your medical as well? thanks!