Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bobatealover

Post by bobatealover » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 1:10 am

Just a question here:

Do the panel of 4 during the 1-1 interview change regularly? Just thought it would be awkward if it happens that the same guy who failed me interviewed me again :?

drumx

Post by drumx » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 1:28 am

bobatealover wrote:Just a question here:

Do the panel of 4 during the 1-1 interview change regularly? Just thought it would be awkward if it happens that the same guy who failed me interviewed me again :?
Just take it with a pinch of salt. Questions might probably be different. Its how you tackle the question and reply. Even if it is another interviewer and you gave the same answer to the same question, which didn't make their requirement. I believe they will still fail you again.

Just give a thought, thinking before answering. I know it can be stress and tense during then. Read slowly and don't rush thru the passage reading. That's about the tips I can provide. Good Luck!!
Keep Moving Forward!!!

interestingjob

Post by interestingjob » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 9:25 am

Hi, anyone want to share with me to purchase the interview secret manual by Kristine?

bobatealover

Post by bobatealover » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:56 am

drumx wrote:

Just take it with a pinch of salt. Questions might probably be different. Its how you tackle the question and reply. Even if it is another interviewer and you gave the same answer to the same question, which didn't make their requirement. I believe they will still fail you again.

Just give a thought, thinking before answering. I know it can be stress and tense during then. Read slowly and don't rush thru the passage reading. That's about the tips I can provide. Good Luck!!

hmmm...during my 1-1, there wasn't any passage reading and only 3 out of 8 got through! :???:

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:08 pm

bobatealover, during my 1-1 there wasn't any passage for me to read as well but i manage to pass that round. 6 out of 8 pass for my group. I fail during my management round.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

drumx

Post by drumx » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 1:50 pm

bobatealover wrote:
drumx wrote:

hmmm...during my 1-1, there wasn't any passage reading and only 3 out of 8 got through! :???:
I am not sure about the rest of my group, but I was given a passage to read during the 1 to 1 and I had a longer passage during the management round. Mine has 4 out of 8 got in. 3 guys 1 gal.

bobatealover: Forget to add something important, smile :D . Don't tense up and frown. :wink:
Keep Moving Forward!!!

pypi

hey!

Post by pypi » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 2:36 pm

missSHER wrote:i sure do hope so! haha.
how much more of training do you have? :)
heyy!

you got in?? wow! congrats!! btw, rmbr me? went together for my first interview, group 20? but u were left behind! hehe

heluvunot

Re: hie

Post by heluvunot » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 6:41 pm

Lord40892 wrote:
heluvunot wrote:
Lord40892 wrote: please wait for atleast 3weeks or a month for her to contact u after u did ur medical. :)

also, she will not reply u on rcv ur email but she will do it for u behind.
i knew it cuz i experienced it. she will called u once everything is pretty ready. just be patient.
Great.. I'm so glad to hear that. Hopefully will receive her calls soon.
Haha.. so looking forward to it. :D

Btw, u're now in SIN edy? Hmm.. u went there earlier to settle in for accommodation ar?
i am in KL still.

M called me to confirm me that 6th SEPT go over sg, 16th SEPT start training. the time in btw is for us to get a room in sg and settled the medical check up. for Malaysian, we need to do one medical check up in msia itself, and when go over sg, will need to do another round before we can start training.

anyway, i am still waiting for her email on the bond signing though.
Great! Congratz!!
Oh.. which intake you went to? The one in June ar??
Oh they give about 10days for us to hunt room. Nice. for that 10days, where will u be staying?

:D

Lord40892

Re: hie

Post by Lord40892 » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 7:30 pm

i went the one on march....

i will stay at Toa payoh. seems bit far from changi leh!!! ><

heluvunot

about certification

Post by heluvunot » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:06 am

Hie,

I've completed my degree edy, but haven yet to receive my degree certificate as it's still getting it's accreditation from our moderator.

But, I did submitted my letter of completion from my university for the pass application. Anyone had the simliar case??

Thanks.

Lord40892

Re: about certification

Post by Lord40892 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:38 am

heluvunot wrote:Hie,

I've completed my degree edy, but haven yet to receive my degree certificate as it's still getting it's accreditation from our moderator.

But, I did submitted my letter of completion from my university for the pass application. Anyone had the simliar case??

Thanks.
yea, i am at the same situation as u before.

i complete my study and exam on May and SIA wanted at least my transcript.
I was not able to provide transcript in english version and hence even with the letter of the completion of study, still cant deal with MOM of sg.

until, i get my full transcript in english language and degree scroll, then only i got my EP. which is why, dragged for so long.

synn

Post by synn » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 1:09 am

hi, i hope someone here will be able to help me with my question.
I am attending the interview in september and I have an exam that will end in mid november, in that case what should i put for my availability?
Will it reduce my chances in any case since they need people urgently and I can only start in november end?

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 1:33 am

synn wrote:hi, i hope someone here will be able to help me with my question.
I am attending the interview in september and I have an exam that will end in mid november, in that case what should i put for my availability?
Will it reduce my chances in any case since they need people urgently and I can only start in november end?
Hey Synn i dont think its a problem.. i attended the August interview and my availability is end Nov. they only mentioned at the last part (after u cleared the mgmt round) that they will double check ur availability date. i was told to go for my medical and they will call to confirm if i clear it first and then when its nearer to ur availability date, they will call to let u know when u can start training. hope it helps!

ikip84

Post by ikip84 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 3:14 am

oh man...i got my rejection letter yesterday afternoon..so close yet to far..
good luck to everyone who got trough..

dunno how long the ban..
thalia

interestingjob

Post by interestingjob » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 6:42 am

Hi, do anyone know the chances of getting shortlisted if I email the recruitment email as I might not be able to attend the upcoming walk-in interview.