Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:30 am

Hi Jeny,

from your experience, it was the older interview procedure..
They have now changed the interview procedure..:)
Maybe u can find it out a few page earlier before this page..
Quite a difference there in the whole process of interview.

:P
Accomplish or do not begin

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 1:12 pm

I guess you guys will have to wait for M to organise the training batches! Good things are worth waiting for, anyway they'll need the medical results to come back too. So just be patient! If you fail you'll receive a letter from them.
SIA ♥♥

wkelye

starting date

Post by wkelye » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone starting 1st Sept? (:

also, will love to know more about the 4 months training from rebaccious (:
view from the top

wkelye

Post by wkelye » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 5:41 pm

dyeo wrote:while waiting for M's reply, can all e candidates just share with us the questions being asked during the management round? : D
For my interview on the 7 aug, the main debate qns asked was 'Should SIA hire from every destination country it flies to?' with 3 pax each in either the proposition or opposition team. We will have 1 minute to strategize and make our points individually.

This format of questioning is not consistent for all interviewed tht day as some were asked a particular question and all get a chance to ans. but not in debate style...(:
view from the top

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 6:51 pm

drumx wrote:
Spiky wrote:hi drumx, so i assume you are a singaporean who have waited for 2 weeks for them to call you if you passed medical and can commence training? Ok well, waiting for 2 weeks is understandably long but do take note that there were and are many who waited and are waiting for a longer time then you are. So if it is affecting your life and your life plans. Then you should make arrangements and in fact allowances for possible delays. This is a common admin aspect.
Ps. I hope you mean you are from SINGAPORE not sillypore. And that you remember you are joining Singapore Airlines and not Sillypore Airlines.

Regards
Spiky
Hey Chill Spiky, I am just sharing what I am going thru. Sillypore is just a joking term and plus did I never associate it with the Airlines? So I do appreciate if you don't associate your term as mine. For the record, I am not here to pick a fight. If you are offended cos you dislike the term I used, fine... Please accept my apology. Fair enough?

Just to clear up some air, I am open to any changes that the company wishes to. If they are willing to update me with whatever plans that they have, I have no problem accepting them. But till now I have yet to hear anything from them.

A bad start would be asking the applicants to choose the course date during the final interviews. It would be better for the HR to give us a date to start after clearing and confirming everything including the medicals than to tell us to pick a course date before all that.

Some have already received phone calls telling them that they are accepted (I know some for a later course date than mine) while others like me are still waiting aimlessly... I do know some unfortunate applicants have waited longer than me, but it is because they had declared a longer notice period? That I do not know, do you?

I am not demanding any papers to be delivered to me now. All I need is a simple confirmation phone call which I believe is not too much to ask for. While they need time to prepare the necessary paperwork, I need time to hand over my work as well.
No worries drumx, just wanted to set the record straight. I feel your angst man, and that would naturally create a bad start for you. Thus better if it could be avoided. If i am not wrong, during the final interview, we were asked to state when can we start, ie the earliest date you can start. It does not mean that the date you put down is the training date that you would prefer. It is their right to decide the training date. Thus finding fault with them would be futile. I hope this gives a better idea for you and just wanna say that everyone has gone through this before. I personally waited for 3 months to get a training date due to certain circumstances. I hope that everything will turn out well for you!
Regards

weiz

Post by weiz » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 7:33 pm

Hey guys,

after a heart mur mur test and a high blood pressure test.
i finally got a call for M, im starting on the 20th sept. anyone going on the same date?

=D

natelletse

again!

Post by natelletse » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 8:32 pm

Application Details
Interested applicants, please download and complete this application form. Please bring the following documents for registration between 8.30am and 2pm.
Completed application form
Passport-sized photograph
Original(s) of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card
Interviews will be conducted on 25 September 2010 (Saturday) at:

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Hibiscus Room
10 Scotts Road
Singapore 228211

interestingjob

Post by interestingjob » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 8:37 pm

mouse wrote:
leilashleigh wrote:
mouse wrote:hi leilashleigh,
start writing in....you can log in to the website now.. hehe.. gd luck to you too!

For Singaporeans and Malaysians, if you are unable to attend the walk-in interviews, you may send in your application form to [email protected]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hey mouse! That was fast :P hmm have you tried writing in before? Did they call you to attend the interview at STC? Am curious on the chances of getting selected though.
hello :) As long as you meet the minimum requirements, you will be shortlisted. I think first come first serve. So better send now.. They will email you for the write in interview at STC. And yes, I have been to STC several times. Lost count too. Pray hard.
Hi mouse, how was the interview at stc? Is there any differences from the walk in interview held?
How long do they take to call you from the time you submitted your application online?

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:34 pm

Seems like SIA will be having another interview next month!

Cabin Crew (Singapore)
We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements

* Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
* Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height
* Degree/ Diploma
OR
* At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘AO’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination
OR
* At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience
* For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required
* Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Training
Our comprehensive 4 months training program will cover topics such as:

* Product Knowledge including Food & Beverage
* Service Procedures
* Passenger Handling
* Deportment & Grooming
* Language & Communication Skills
* Safety Equipment Procedures
* First Aid

On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
A monthly allowance will be provided during training. Upon graduation, you can look forward to a basic salary and various allowances amounting to about $3,500 a month. In addition, there is an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

Application Details
Interested applicants, please download and complete this application form. Please bring the following documents for registration between 8.30am and 2pm.

* Completed application form
* Passport-sized photograph
* Original(s) of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card

Interviews will be conducted on 25 September 2010 (Saturday) at:

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Hibiscus Room
10 Scotts Road
Singapore 228211

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!
SIA ♥♥

pegz

Post by pegz » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:23 pm

Just checked their website and they are recruiting again!!!

25th September!

Yes! Lookg fwd to it!

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 1:47 pm

YES! Finally. checking their site everyday! lol kiasu.
It's gonna be my fifth time. anybody has the interview guides? would like to purchase 2nd hand. pm pls! thanks.

heluvunot

Re: hie

Post by heluvunot » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 3:51 pm

Lord40892 wrote:
heluvunot wrote:Hie!

I'm new here.
Just wondering, did Malaysians went for the 7 Aug interview in SIN?
I went for medical last Monday and emailed Lilian for the documents, bt no reply from her yet.

Plus, I'm not so sure if she receives it, cuz no reply from her yet.

My commencing availability is immediate.
Any idea how long would it take usually? Or any malaysians from that interview got calls or reply edy?

Thanks
please wait for atleast 3weeks or a month for her to contact u after u did ur medical. :)

also, she will not reply u on rcv ur email but she will do it for u behind.
i knew it cuz i experienced it. she will called u once everything is pretty ready. just be patient.
Great.. I'm so glad to hear that. Hopefully will receive her calls soon.
Haha.. so looking forward to it. :D

Btw, u're now in SIN edy? Hmm.. u went there earlier to settle in for accommodation ar?

Lord40892

Re: hie

Post by Lord40892 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 4:16 pm

heluvunot wrote:
Lord40892 wrote:
heluvunot wrote:Hie!

I'm new here.
Just wondering, did Malaysians went for the 7 Aug interview in SIN?
I went for medical last Monday and emailed Lilian for the documents, bt no reply from her yet.

Plus, I'm not so sure if she receives it, cuz no reply from her yet.

My commencing availability is immediate.
Any idea how long would it take usually? Or any malaysians from that interview got calls or reply edy?

Thanks
please wait for atleast 3weeks or a month for her to contact u after u did ur medical. :)

also, she will not reply u on rcv ur email but she will do it for u behind.
i knew it cuz i experienced it. she will called u once everything is pretty ready. just be patient.
Great.. I'm so glad to hear that. Hopefully will receive her calls soon.
Haha.. so looking forward to it. :D

Btw, u're now in SIN edy? Hmm.. u went there earlier to settle in for accommodation ar?
i am in KL still.

M called me to confirm me that 6th SEPT go over sg, 16th SEPT start training. the time in btw is for us to get a room in sg and settled the medical check up. for Malaysian, we need to do one medical check up in msia itself, and when go over sg, will need to do another round before we can start training.

anyway, i am still waiting for her email on the bond signing though.

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:38 am

Hey everyone. Its nice to see SQ having a recruitment really soon! cant deny that im feelin that same excitement i did in the Aug one. :) it was a great experience for me and it was my first time so i was really nervous!

Good luck to everyone whos gg!

And for those who are still waiting for M to call, i feel u. ive been waiting too. today is week 2 since my scoliosis xray. im still praying for good news but im honestly calmer than i was a week ago heh.

passingby

Post by passingby » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:47 am

Will they ask the trainees to go for grooming course makeup-less? :)