Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
observer-

Post by observer- » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 3:36 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
ikip84 wrote:is it possibe to change our notice lenght via email? cause i put 1 month notice on my application and i just found out from my current company that i can give 2 weeks notice before i can leave.
Yes! I changed mine via e-mail and M called me the following day. :)
can i have her email?

alexis19

Post by alexis19 » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 5:20 pm

ANYONE STARTING ON 13th SEPT???? :D

JENY

Post by JENY » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 7:57 pm

I dont belive this people are sniffing around SIA cabin Crew's perfume.
Well like any other airlines SIA also wants the best candidates to represent their airline.So be confident and enthusiatic when going there:

Accordinding to my experience stages of SIA includes:
1-Personal introduction round followed by a simple ques like why u wanna CC?They call 10 people together.

2-Skin Check round(they ck-lower arms,legs,neck,eyes,teeth and back of neck)so do the proper waxing and they make you walk so practice.

3-Management round-They make groups and drop a topic where you need to discuss.Just remem to smile and positive in your answer and dont dominate others.

4-If you make out till here 90% are the chances you'll get through.Final round is personal interview with two interviewers.

5-Medical Round-Normal check ups,Give yourself a month time to get the call.

Just remember to wear your smile and confidence.
Hope it helps
..Love Jeny.

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 8:14 pm

alexis19 wrote:ANYONE STARTING ON 13th SEPT???? :D
hihi, have u sign then bond? :)

heluvunot

hie

Post by heluvunot » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:16 pm

Hie!

I'm new here.
Just wondering, did Malaysians went for the 7 Aug interview in SIN?
I went for medical last Monday and emailed Lilian for the documents, bt no reply from her yet.

Plus, I'm not so sure if she receives it, cuz no reply from her yet.

My commencing availability is immediate.
Any idea how long would it take usually? Or any malaysians from that interview got calls or reply edy?

Thanks

drumx

Post by drumx » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:15 pm

They have yet to call me to confirm or anything. I dunno if I am rejected or accepted or anything. My start date was put as 13th Sep and I need to serve a 1 month notice. My email wasn't replied and it has been coming 2 weeks but no news or what so ever. I might need to change my start date or compensate my notice to start on time, which I am not happy to do so. :(
Lord40892 wrote:
Keep Moving Forward!!!

Lord40892

Re: hie

Post by Lord40892 » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:28 pm

heluvunot wrote:Hie!

I'm new here.
Just wondering, did Malaysians went for the 7 Aug interview in SIN?
I went for medical last Monday and emailed Lilian for the documents, bt no reply from her yet.

Plus, I'm not so sure if she receives it, cuz no reply from her yet.

My commencing availability is immediate.
Any idea how long would it take usually? Or any malaysians from that interview got calls or reply edy?

Thanks
please wait for atleast 3weeks or a month for her to contact u after u did ur medical. :)

also, she will not reply u on rcv ur email but she will do it for u behind.
i knew it cuz i experienced it. she will called u once everything is pretty ready. just be patient.

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:32 pm

drumx wrote:They have yet to call me to confirm or anything. I dunno if I am rejected or accepted or anything. My start date was put as 13th Sep and I need to serve a 1 month notice. My email wasn't replied and it has been coming 2 weeks but no news or what so ever. I might need to change my start date or compensate my notice to start on time, which I am not happy to do so. :(
Lord40892 wrote:
i got her called on 12th august. she seek confirmation with me that asking am I ok to go over sg on 6th SEPT and start my training on 16th SEPT?
i said yes, and she said ok. and everything will be sent to me by email. and til now i havent get anything . i will just wait!!!

and my past experienced and from my batch mate suppose to start MAY 2010, he actually sign the bond on monday in KL and he go over sg on thursday. so it's kinda rush actually.

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:37 pm

drumx wrote:They have yet to call me to confirm or anything. I dunno if I am rejected or accepted or anything. My start date was put as 13th Sep and I need to serve a 1 month notice. My email wasn't replied and it has been coming 2 weeks but no news or what so ever. I might need to change my start date or compensate my notice to start on time, which I am not happy to do so. :(
Lord40892 wrote:
oh yea, for malaysian, she will only called u once ur employment pass/ s pass is ready. which it normally take abt 3weeks to be issued. she will called u when ur EP is ready and u pass medical.

drumx

Post by drumx » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:28 am

Lord40892 wrote:
Lord40892 wrote: hihi, have u sign then bond? :)
oh yea, for malaysian, she will only called u once ur employment pass/ s pass is ready. which it normally take abt 3weeks to be issued. she will called u when ur EP is ready and u pass medical.
Hmmm, but I am from Sillypore.
Keep Moving Forward!!!

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:56 am

hi drumx, so i assume you are a singaporean who have waited for 2 weeks for them to call you if you passed medical and can commence training? Ok well, waiting for 2 weeks is understandably long but do take note that there were and are many who waited and are waiting for a longer time then you are. So if it is affecting your life and your life plans. Then you should make arrangements and in fact allowances for possible delays. This is a common admin aspect.
Ps. I hope you mean you are from SINGAPORE not sillypore.

Regards
Spiky

drumx

Post by drumx » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 2:08 am

Spiky wrote:hi drumx, so i assume you are a singaporean who have waited for 2 weeks for them to call you if you passed medical and can commence training? Ok well, waiting for 2 weeks is understandably long but do take note that there were and are many who waited and are waiting for a longer time then you are. So if it is affecting your life and your life plans. Then you should make arrangements and in fact allowances for possible delays. This is a common admin aspect.
Ps. I hope you mean you are from SINGAPORE not sillypore. And that you remember you are joining Singapore Airlines and not Sillypore Airlines.

Regards
Spiky
Hey Chill Spiky, I am just sharing what I am going thru. Sillypore is just a joking term and plus did I never associate it with the Airlines? So I do appreciate if you don't associate your term as mine. For the record, I am not here to pick a fight. If you are offended cos you dislike the term I used, fine... Please accept my apology. Fair enough?

Just to clear up some air, I am open to any changes that the company wishes to. If they are willing to update me with whatever plans that they have, I have no problem accepting them. But till now I have yet to hear anything from them.

A bad start would be asking the applicants to choose the course date during the final interviews. It would be better for the HR to give us a date to start after clearing and confirming everything including the medicals than to tell us to pick a course date before all that.

Some have already received phone calls telling them that they are accepted (I know some for a later course date than mine) while others like me are still waiting aimlessly... I do know some unfortunate applicants have waited longer than me, but it is because they had declared a longer notice period? That I do not know, do you?

I am not demanding any papers to be delivered to me now. All I need is a simple confirmation phone call which I believe is not too much to ask for. While they need time to prepare the necessary paperwork, I need time to hand over my work as well.
Keep Moving Forward!!!

weiz

Post by weiz » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 9:59 am

hey drum, my situation is similar to yours, i have 1 month notice and was told tentatively to start 13 sept too, maybe it was 18 sept i forgot.

how i hope they will just tell me the status of the application so i can serve my notice.

>.< let me know if you hear something k?

tkevin

Post by tkevin » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:15 am

Hey everyone,

Tentatively I see the "latest" starting date is 18 sept! Anyone who received the call at a later date?? Its stressing me out too!

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:16 am

while waiting for M's reply, can all e candidates just share with us the questions being asked during the management round? : D