Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Re: Salary

Post by wisdom&courage » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:10 am

PerRy1007: Thank you very much! :D

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 1:12 am

@cheesecake
Woah, then why the lady who took our height test is unfair to me? Didn't even ask me to try the reach test :(:(
If I took the reach test I would have definitely gone on to further tests! Sobbssss
I guess I probably met a lady who didn't took a liking to my looks right? Cos I heard some of them can be pretty biased:( but thanks for ur encouragement & advice!!
Any other tips u would advise to me??:):) thanks in advanceee

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 4:17 am

PerRy1007 wrote:
daNielVii wrote:any current crew member can advise on how the salary is being calculated???? juz gotten the employment letter...
daNielVii- for dipl= $1200, for degree is $1300/1350. U will have transport, inflight allowances and laundry allowances and this is given on every 21th everymonth. the rest is our flying allowance depends on which destination u r flying and this is given every week.. All newbies will only be trained for 777 a/c, after u're J class trained then u will be trained for 330 a/c and 380 a/c.
Daniel: i think my bf will try to defer on his own first cos its better to be in e same class all e way rather den chg batches, ul feel odd one out unless e new batch damn welcome u la =p but if he cant defer himself, den i guess he has no other choice but to be in a diff batch for his SEP.

anw for min hrs clocked per mth is bt 80-90. days in sin reali depends on ur roster, bt 13-15days?
and like wad perry mentioned its 1200 for dip and 1300/1350 for degree holder,.
Transport plus laundry allw is abt 500plus if i rem correctly..and together with the hourly pay($8.50 for fs/fss rank) and turnards($70), they are all succumbed to cpf deduction.
allowances from diff flights u do will be given to u on every 7th, 15t, 25th and 30th(ard there)
as for fleet training, boeing 777 for all den one yr ltr ul be trained for business class(JCL) and airbus 330.
not all will be trained for airbus380.

CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 7:01 am

artsan wrote:Eh!!! OMG so many new trainees! Can't wait to see everyone at STC, training's not gonna be an easy ride, but I can guarantee you all will have fun with your batch mates.

I think tomorrow there's a new batch and then subsequently every week there'll be at least one new batch. How exciting!!! Woots!
huh ? Artsan.. you sure training wun be easy ride ? =P

I tot training is pretty fun and easy as long as you do your part keke...

Well.. except for the SNYs and 1st solo... other than that.. I believe its pretty much a smooth ride for all =)

luv,
kristine
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

candytuft

Post by candytuft » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 9:01 am

cheesecake_ wrote:
slimslee wrote:@cheesecake

Hey! Thanks for replying me!
So can I ask, did u actually take the height test or only the reach test?? When I took the height test, the lady told me I'm 157cm n just said I don't meet the minimum requirement!! N she didn't even let me try the reach test which I DEFINITELY can reach, even for the 2nd red line becos my arms are very long. And actually I'm
157.5cm! So were u taken of ur height test or just directly asked to do the reach test??
I'm soo motivated by ur experience now and I have been working very hard to do lots of stretching & jumping!
i took both tests. she told me i didn't meet the height requirement but she say it's okay and ask me to proceed to the touch test. good luck for the interview dear! and be nice to the lady measuring your height, smile more!
@slimslee you going for the 7th aug interview, babe?

PerRy1007

Post by PerRy1007 » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 2:55 pm

Gwen_wardrobe wrote:
PerRy1007 wrote:
daNielVii wrote:any current crew member can advise on how the salary is being calculated???? juz gotten the employment letter...
daNielVii- for dipl= $1200, for degree is $1300/1350. U will have transport, inflight allowances and laundry allowances and this is given on every 21th everymonth. the rest is our flying allowance depends on which destination u r flying and this is given every week.. All newbies will only be trained for 777 a/c, after u're J class trained then u will be trained for 330 a/c and 380 a/c.
Daniel: i think my bf will try to defer on his own first cos its better to be in e same class all e way rather den chg batches, ul feel odd one out unless e new batch damn welcome u la =p but if he cant defer himself, den i guess he has no other choice but to be in a diff batch for his SEP.

anw for min hrs clocked per mth is bt 80-90. days in sin reali depends on ur roster, bt 13-15days?
and like wad perry mentioned its 1200 for dip and 1300/1350 for degree holder,.
Transport plus laundry allw is abt 500plus if i rem correctly..and together with the hourly pay($8.50 for fs/fss rank) and turnards($70), they are all succumbed to cpf deduction.
allowances from diff flights u do will be given to u on every 7th, 15t, 25th and 30th(ard there)
as for fleet training, boeing 777 for all den one yr ltr ul be trained for business class(JCL) and airbus 330.
not all will be trained for airbus380.
Gwen_wardrobe-->ur bf is going to defer?? btw r u crew or trainee??

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 3:35 pm

@candytuft

yup babe! Im going for the 7th Aug interview... U lehz??

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 4:32 pm

PerRy1007 wrote:
Gwen_wardrobe-->ur bf is going to defer?? btw r u crew or trainee??
im a crew =)
yes my bf will try to defer by himself first!

venical

Post by venical » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 5:53 pm

nic is so helpful on this forum. how nice! Haaa

anyone else on the 26th Jul?

cappucinochips

Post by cappucinochips » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 9:32 pm

cheesecake_ wrote:cappucinochips: the touch test is quite easy. you can tip toe and stretch your arm to touch the red line. if you can touch the first red line, you pass. is a must if you're below height requirement i think?

slimslee and candytuft: i think i'm shorter than 157cm. they didn't tell me my exact height but i think i'm around 156 to 157cm. twice, 26/6 and the may one.
@Cheesecake you must be a lucky charm yourself to be so damn lucky to get into SQ!

I read somewhere in this thread that the red line is 212cm (or 208cm?). Anyhoo I tried reaching 212cm (using measuring tape at home) on the wall... but I'm missing a few cm to reach :cry:

cheesecake_

Post by cheesecake_ » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:28 pm

slimslee wrote:@cheesecake
Woah, then why the lady who took our height test is unfair to me? Didn't even ask me to try the reach test :(:(
If I took the reach test I would have definitely gone on to further tests! Sobbssss
I guess I probably met a lady who didn't took a liking to my looks right? Cos I heard some of them can be pretty biased:( but thanks for ur encouragement & advice!!
Any other tips u would advise to me??:):) thanks in advanceee
i'm not sure about the bias part. but just smile, and be nice. I'm sure you're able to pass it! good luck alright.
try not to wear those super high heels. Round 2 you'll have to do a catwalk in your own shoes. so, put on a comfortable heels! i wore sneakers then thou. you can ask me anything, i'll try to answer them. (:

louispoh

Post by louispoh » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 1:35 am

hi Gwen_wardrobe

i think the package had revised. dip holders is 1320, addtional 40 for guys who completed ns. degree holders additional 150. cab allowances is 275 and laundry is less than 200 i think.
Last edited by louispoh on Mon, 19 Jul 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

louispoh

Post by louispoh » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 1:36 am

hi Gwen_wardrobe

i think the package had revised. dip holders is 1320, addtional 40 for guys who completed ns. degree holders additional 150. cab allowances is 275 and laundry is less than 200 i think.

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 1:53 am

@cappucinochips
Hey babe! Yay i tried 212cm n i can make it! =)

@cheesecake
Tks for advice babe! So how has training been so far? Is training fun? Or tough? Are we allowed to take like leave for very very important stuffs? I just realised I grew by 0.4cm! ;) Very happy n will continue to do my routine exercises for my height increase! hehe...
So can I ask, what current news did u get for ur interview?
And was yours the game at the round 3?

daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 2:24 am

hi Gwen_wardrobe

i think the package had revised. dip holders is 1320, addtional 40 for guys who completed ns. degree holders additional 150. cab allowances is 275 and laundry is less than 200 i think.[/quote]

hey louis, r u a degree holder???? so in other words degee holders get 1320+150=1470????

btw, is laundry/clothing allowance a monthly thingy or a annual/semi-annual thingy??