Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:05 am

any current crew member can advise on how the salary is being calculated???? juz gotten the employment letter...

Fudz

Post by Fudz » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:28 am

Regarding the employment letter... do we keep a copy and return the other copy to them or we have to return all the copies to them. And... must we mail it back or can we just return it personally to them whn we go down there to sign the confirmation with our surety.

hamham

Post by hamham » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:33 am

you must mail the signed copy back to them. On the day when you're going down to the HR to sign the deed of covenant with your surety, you don't have to bring anything.

daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:50 am

daNielVii wrote:any current crew member can advise on how the salary is being calculated???? juz gotten the employment letter...
can any1 advise on my query???

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Re: sia cabin crew

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:57 am

cappucinochips wrote:
tiffanybean wrote:
cappucinochips wrote: ohhkay.. well then u think i shld still try :/ sigh. i heard of some ppl who're 157 getting exceptions, i dont know how they actually do it..
Just go and try, every interviewers have different standard, some may accept even if you are 157.5cm :D Stand real straight and look up (but not too high up of cos). The 1st time I went, they measured me at 157.5cm and they let me through . Then the next 4times when I went, was measured at 158.5cm. :lol: Got in at my 5th try :D

coccopie

Post by coccopie » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:24 pm

@folkiepokie: yup. mary called me on tue. i changed my notice period from immediate to 22 aug.

1st July: 1st check-up
3rd July: 2nd check-up
6th July: Emailed Mary bout the change of notice period
9th July: Got a call from Mary bout the approval of the change
13th July: Confirmation call from Mary

Hope this helps! =)

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:26 pm

belll wrote:
shenoes wrote:I would like to know, for those tat are starting their training on the 16th july, approximately when did u received mary's email and the letter by snail mail?

I received a missed call from Mary last fri. i guess it's about changing my training dates. But she never call again.

So far, i've only found 1 ger starting on the 30th July..
Hello Shenoes,
I'm starting on the 30th july too! Anyway, have you received the email and snail mail?
i just mailed out the snail mail yesterday. i hvnt received the email yet. i guess it will be after they received the confirmation latter from us then she will send us the email asking us to come dwn to sign the bond.
-shenoes-

cappucinochips

Re: sia cabin crew

Post by cappucinochips » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:43 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
cappucinochips wrote:
tiffanybean wrote: Just go and try, every interviewers have different standard, some may accept even if you are 157.5cm :D Stand real straight and look up (but not too high up of cos). The 1st time I went, they measured me at 157.5cm and they let me through . Then the next 4times when I went, was measured at 158.5cm. :lol: Got in at my 5th try :D
Thanks for the encouragement! Just a bit nervous but reading about all the successful 'short' candidates makes me feel more motivated :)
Btw what's your actual height and weight? I eat alot but I'm still 40.5. hope they won't think I'm too frail for this job, I'm pretty good at arm wrestling and carrying stuff lol.. oh will i be asked to remove my wrist watch during skin check?

Hope you dont mind me asking so much :)
<3

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 1:02 pm

cappucinochips : Np :D In the past during skin check, you will have to wear the kebaya as well but this time round, kebaya fitting is the 5th round (last rd). For that u will have to remove ur watch and accessories.

Skincheck is the 2nd round , do not have to remove any accessories. The interviewer ask u to "catwalk" and they will take your weight and asku some questions. :D I have seen girls who are skinny and got in. They will calculate your BMI.

Faithlcs

Post by Faithlcs » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 2:13 pm

Hi!anyone that is commercing on the 22july? Batch 24/10

hamham

Post by hamham » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 2:35 pm

me! same batch :) add in fb?

cheesecake_

Post by cheesecake_ » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 3:18 pm

to cappucinochips:
you should try, i didn't meet their height requirement, and i got in. (: as long as you can reach the touch test, it's enough. and be nice to the girls taking your height.

I'm starting on 22nd july, batch 24/10. anyone starting on the same day as me?

cappucinochips

Post by cappucinochips » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 3:44 pm

cheesecake_ wrote:to cappucinochips:
you should try, i didn't meet their height requirement, and i got in. (: as long as you can reach the touch test, it's enough. and be nice to the girls taking your height.

Thanks cheesecake! hmm didnt know that after the height taking there will be a touch test.. how high do we have to reach, is it a must to do it?
<3

daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 5:49 pm

Does any1 have any idea how many hrs a cabin crew clock in a month???a minimal or an avg?

candytuft

Post by candytuft » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 8:22 pm

cheesecake_ wrote:to cappucinochips:

@cheesecake if you don't mind me asking, what's your hgt?