Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainbowz15

Post by rainbowz15 » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:44 pm

Hey, was it v difficult to get thru the rounds? queued for hours, with legs aching badly...in the end, only get to submit application forms.
Did they say when they'll call us to go down for interview appt? i saw one post say 15 dec? so fast?
Those that got thru, what qns did they ask & what do we need to look out for?
Heard they ask qns like who is ur superhero? what wud u wan change abt urself? what's ur favourite movie/ superstar? how to ans such qns??!!!
Let's go down tog once they call us to go down for appt ya... nice to go w pple..
pm me... [email protected]

dydy

Post by dydy » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:06 pm

Shirini wrote:I waited for four hours in vain. At around 230pm, a staff came out to inform the people in the queue that they will call us for interviews again at STC....................haiz..............there were so many people today

I think you guys should have went earlier to queue.

I reached there at 8.10am, & the queue was already forming for about 100-200m.
Nevertheless, from what I heard, they collected the application forms and will review it before inviting you guys to STC.

I was in Group F13, but sadly, I got booted out at Round 2 (one-to-one), which I believe was because the interviewer thought I was too young.
:mad:

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 1:47 am

invinsible12man wrote: there was a lady who ticked even before the height measurement was taken.
if she approved if why not the other?
oh? but, i really have no idea what the tick was for leh.. :-|
kawazoe wrote:Kicked out in male round 1.
...... so can anyone tell me unable to answer their question is that a mistake i cant make? they jsut want to look at the way we present ourselves right.. i'm wondering. if it is because of fail to answer so i was kicked out then maybe i should try again. if it's because of other maybe i should stop trying..
unfortunately, no one knows exactly what are they looking for and asking for our comments is gonna be very very useless. i'm sure u won't wanna risk giving up something cos of our ignorant eh? if you really want the job, go try again.. if you went just cos u felt like going, why bother asking?

everyone hope to be kicked out with 心服口服-ly. i totally understand cos i still really cant get over it.. not that i'm great.. but i felt there's better candidate better than those that got in.. and i've been thinking for the whole day why they got in instead. :roll:

p/s: i hope u understand chinese. :-#

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 2:32 am

Congrats to all who got in! :) Enjoy your time with SQ as it'll be one of the most amazing experiences. For those who didn't get in this round, don't give up!

ASBG

Post by ASBG » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:31 am

duriancake wrote:
invinsible12man wrote: there was a lady who ticked even before the height measurement was taken.
if she approved if why not the other?
oh? but, i really have no idea what the tick was for leh.. :-|
kawazoe wrote:Kicked out in male round 1.
...... so can anyone tell me unable to answer their question is that a mistake i cant make? they jsut want to look at the way we present ourselves right.. i'm wondering. if it is because of fail to answer so i was kicked out then maybe i should try again. if it's because of other maybe i should stop trying..
unfortunately, no one knows exactly what are they looking for and asking for our comments is gonna be very very useless. i'm sure u won't wanna risk giving up something cos of our ignorant eh? if you really want the job, go try again.. if you went just cos u felt like going, why bother asking?

everyone hope to be kicked out with 心服口服-ly. i totally understand cos i still really cant get over it.. not that i'm great.. but i felt there's better candidate better than those that got in.. and i've been thinking for the whole day why they got in instead. :roll:

p/s: i hope u understand chinese. :-#
yes i agree totally
just go and try again..dont give up if you really want the job..

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 8:10 pm

anyone got in without customer service experience?

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 8:49 pm

anyone went for the silkair interview?

agathacherry

Post by agathacherry » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:10 pm

Has anyone been selected despite going before their ban to try again is up?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:04 pm

Confidence outshines anything and everything else if you want to get through the interview. It is not all about how you look, but more of how you carry yourself. Simple recruitment restrictions are there for a reason but there is no harm trying out if you are ready to go grab the opportunity. All I can say is, just muster all the confidence you have in yourself and grab the bull by its horn for the next interview!

p/s: To SSTan, a big hello! I believe you know who I am :D

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:07 pm

hi pinklittlefigure, did you just pass the interview? or is a cabin crew?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:10 pm

Dear duriancake, I've been with SIA for almost two years. Once in a while, I do pop by the forum to take a peek at the current happenings in this thread.

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:24 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Dear duriancake, I've been with SIA for almost two years. Once in a while, I do pop by the forum to take a peek at the current happenings in this thread.
yo pinklittle figure!!! i think i remembered seeing you on this forum, is your name joyce if i'm not wrong? hee. you may not know me as i don't leave comments that often. i enjoyed reading all your interview procedure and all the tips. kinda envy you because you made it le! hee! :) how is life in SIA?
apple

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:31 pm

Dear lohloh, yup! That's me alright! I'm fine & flying life is indeed very entertaining & tiring at the same time. I'm glad you find the informations useful in any way :D

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:36 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Dear lohloh, yup! That's me alright! I'm fine & flying life is indeed very entertaining & tiring at the same time. I'm glad you find the informations useful in any way :D
hello! ya i learnt alot from you. i failed my interview yesterday and kinda sad. but i think i must get over it quickly and reflect on myself. really hope to fly with you one day! :)
apple

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:43 pm

Well, we humans only learn when we fall thus failing this interview doesnt mean the end of the world. All you need to remember is to have loads of confidence, a little bit of charm & a pinch of good luck! I'll be waiting for the good news! :D