Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
winzy

Post by winzy » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:05 pm

Oh oh.... Then I think I am in trouble then. I do have acne scars on my face. Sigh... I guess this job is not meant to be mine then.

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:10 pm

dreamie10 wrote:
thanks once again..your information was certainly most informative.

mind me asking what's your skin condition like?
haha no problem, my skin condition is good i suppose.. i've clear skin but one or two small pimples which i concealed with good old concealer. :D you don't have to worry just make sure you use a good foundation and concealer, if you don't have many pimples/acne it shouldn't be a problem. just don't wear overly thick makeup, i wore foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara and blusher. i didn't put on any eyeshadow. best is to look natural!

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:42 pm

winzy wrote:Oh oh.... Then I think I am in trouble then. I do have acne scars on my face. Sigh... I guess this job is not meant to be mine then.

how bad are your scars? try to go for laser treatments, dont lose hope yet

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:38 pm

Hey all, I'm just wondering... during the kebaya fitting round, where do the guys go? Is there a further round of interview anticipating or the guys just head home to wait for subsequent dates i.e. water confidence / management interview?

Any guys went for the interview these two days care to share? Thanks.

sugahplume

Post by sugahplume » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:40 pm

gosh i know this is kinda random, but i can't find my birth certificate and panicking because my interview is in less than 24 hours... :/ do y'all think it'll be okay?

sapphire21

be yourself !

Post by sapphire21 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:45 pm

zxtangellove wrote:Hi girls, I made it through to interview on thurs. It was worth it aft all the waiting and taking leave from work.

I know many of you girls have been waiting for the "sharing" part. Here i go...

I was the first girl in the batch (of 10 girls) to give a self introduction & was given an "open ended" question from the interviewer abt "the last movie you've watched and what would you like to share abt it". I pretty much summed my intro & sharing into 30-45 secs. While many other girls gave introduction abt their current job scope etc. and the movies they watched (many watched 2012 and talked abt end of the world). The 9 girls after me spoke ranging from 1.5-3 mins. Finally, another girl and me made it through. I guess it's really abt being yourself. Please please don't stress yourself with whole loads of speech as i've observed, most would end up stumbling/tongue-tied.

Subsequently it was the skin check rd. It's really weird coz i saw quite a lot of girls with good skin (ALOT OF MEI NU ALSO!! I MEAN ALOT!) being eliminated. So you know, it is NOT all abt looks. In this rd, the girl with me got eliminated. I was alone and tks gdness i was able to mingle with a couple of other girls who made it through the skin check rd.

Nxt up there's a group game thingy + 1-1 interview. Followed by kebaya rd (for the girls only. Guys, you're lucky you don't have to go through this rd).

I am really really exhausted and am gonna head out to relax first. Gonna continue with the details tonite :) Chill peeps, almost all the interviewers & exec assisting with the interview are nice pple!

p/s: Xiang Ying, this is Xiaoting here =D.. You there? Reply me here and i will drop you an email!

I agree with what you said! It's really about being yourself. I went to the interview today, and the question they posed to my group was.. If you were to be a guy for a day, who would you wanna be?

I was the first to answer in the group.. It was quite funny cos my mind was really a blank so fast must reply alr. But I basically introduced myself name age and what i was doing, and then went straight to answering the question. I said Michael Jackson, because he was a great performer and that MJ left behind a living legacy. My entire answer was less than 15 seconds. Immediately, the interviewer asked when I would be graduating ( i didnt expect it to be a sign that he was interested in giving me a chance alr)

Later on, When my group left the room to wait for results, the interviewer came out and called me in personally. I was quite shocked amidst the time constraint and number of candidates they had that they wanted to talk to me privately , I thought I did something wrong! haha. But they both talked to me saying I have really grreat potential, but really to consider between graduating cos I only had one more sem left to go. Well, I'm still glad all in all that I passed the first round, and they saw something in me, it made my day. They also told me there'll be another opening next April 2010. :)) for all those interested, besides the Dec walk-in.

What I can advise, having merely passed the first round:
dont memorise textbook answers
be prepared for all sorts of questions, think big
pay attention to what the others are saying
and smile like there's no tomorrow. :))
BE YOURSELF.

Thanks also, babe: u know who u are, for supporting me! :D
I didnt paint my nails red, I didnt bun my hair. I merely wore a plain blouse and a skirt. :)

exclusivepink

Post by exclusivepink » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:46 pm

sugahplume wrote:gosh i know this is kinda random, but i can't find my birth certificate and panicking because my interview is in less than 24 hours... :/ do y'all think it'll be okay?
dun worry. i lost my all my bc and educational certs while renovating. just tell them u lost it and if u passed all rounds, u will show it to them by then.

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:09 pm

How is the passing rate for the male candidates?

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:21 pm

pongpong wrote:
5implicity wrote:
pongpong wrote:hey anyone on 25th, 10.20am wants to go together?
hey!! i'm in the same slot as you! But i cant PM u
hey babe. msn? tried to pm you but seems like u cant receive? lol. try to post more than 5! :lol:
hey gals, i pm but nt sure if u ladies received..

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:23 pm

ok i got a super bad pimple on my face nw :p n juz a qn. did they check
yr upper arms? or only area which the kebaya doesnt covers? thanks.

YrreP

Post by YrreP » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:04 am

im damn nervous now!! :mad:

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:26 am

chocopie wrote:ok i got a super bad pimple on my face nw :p n juz a qn. did they check
yr upper arms? or only area which the kebaya doesnt covers? thanks.
Oh last time they only checked the lower arms, but now change le. so dunno how it goes
apple

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:38 am

exwhyee wrote:
hey babe!! it's me!! congrats for getting in!! im really happy for you!!! it's been really nice knowing you too! =) best of luck for the final interview... U CAN DO IT!! =)
Hey girl Thank you! It's great to have your company today :D I will be rooting for you morally for dec 12 (if that helps). I will pm-ed you with my email addy soon. U can pop your questions there if you want =]

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:44 am

rebeccacious wrote: 1) the skin check was under normal light in a room, it was normal talking distance. just turning left and right to check your skin.

2) the game and 1-1 interview is round 2. kebaya uniform fitting is under round 3.
Yes reb is right. Skin check is quite a chop chop thingy. She might ask u basic ques like why u wanna join SIA just to see how you look like when you talk (maybe if there're wrinkles too?). The lady asked me to lift up my fringe also. Think they are really quite selective in the skin check rd.

The game is some poker card memory game. Matching pairs according color/number. You will be working in a team vs another team. I don't think this part contributes alot to the selection but more of the 1-1.

Dont worry so much abt 1-1. Interviewer will interact provide some open ended ques for you rather than asking u to talk all the time. Oh ya, she did ask me some self introduction (i guess this is a general opening to any interview).

Kebaya! Ok i am a topshop size 6-8 person. The kebaya top i fit into is size 33. I forgot the size of the bottom i picked. Don't worry abt not having enuff time to try the kebaya. I had quite some time to get ready for that =D

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:46 am

loh loh wrote:
Oh last time they only checked the lower arms, but now change le. so dunno how it goes
Yeap kebaya covers your upper arm till elbow area. So they will check on the lower hand. I had this ant-size wound on my hand from mozzie bite and still recovering. I saw the lady taking a longer look at that part but she quickly ask my to turn my hand ard.. Seems like it is not much of a prob.. I also have a white spot on my hand (also ant-size). So don't worry too much yea?