Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Clara7

Post by Clara7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 2:18 pm

Im a Butt person too. Im a girl by the way. But if I were a guy, bring on the butts! Woot! :D Anyways, the pilot is darn freaking childish girl. You go for it!

BeR

Post by BeR » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 2:42 pm

Clara7 wrote:
BeR wrote:
zxtangellove wrote: Hey BeR you might want to try checking the trash folder yea =]

haha i got the mail today..25 nov!! :D
Congrats BeR! I STILL HAVE NOT received. Wahah.
Clara7 just wait awhile more..i believe they r still sending out..dun b discourage yet...

Clara7

Post by Clara7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 3:02 pm

how not to be discouraged leh? everyone seems to have received it. why why not moi!!?

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 3:36 pm

Clara7 wrote:how not to be discouraged leh? everyone seems to have received it. why why not moi!!?
From what I know, my close friend's school mates who applied (due to grad in Dec) all haven't received a reply but her. So.... it's not only you~ So seriously don't worry!! Aiyoh!
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 3:41 pm

mdamilan wrote:Abercrombie, no flt today ah? So free!
I am very busy now..... busy doing nothing till end of NOV ... pufff....so busy :???: Eating grass now, few days later I will move on to eating the bark :cry:

Clara7

Post by Clara7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 4:01 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
I am very busy now..... busy doing nothing till end of NOV ... pufff....so busy :???: Eating grass now, few days later I will move on to eating the bark :cry:
Hey Abercrombie, my friends seems to be all flying pretty often! How many days off do you have this month? Poor you, just dont progress to eating the roots!!! :D like ginseng. HAHAHA

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 4:08 pm

Stewardess are having very good flts :roll: But I am not a stewardess... :P Bad...bad...bad...

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 4:17 pm

BeR wrote: haha i got the mail today..25 nov!! :D
:D Yes, grats babe!

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:02 pm

Abercrombie wrote: Ahhh Facebook... that is not friend lah, just another pilot on a hunting trip in Facebook... and he delete you for that LOL... what a MAN !! Shame on him...
This dude... petty and ungentlemanly. I really don't wish to sound mean.. He might have been jilted by some air stewardess before?

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:20 pm

Anyway just to share. my 2nd sis left her 2nd week of training and paid the penalty as she concluded - based alone on the training which she claim is a total waste of time - it is a Brainless + Bimbo job. She had rather built her career elsewhere since she just graduated from Uni. To her, that's being realistic.

I am affected by what she said since after all, she's my sister.

I having been hesitating for quite some time abt pursuing my little "stewardess" dream. On the other hand, one part of me keeps telling me "if i don't try, i will never know". I am already 25 and had 1 year of experience in the bank. Wouldn't it be a pity if I really step into the this line and realize later that i dislike it?

I am also worried i cannot blend into the culture of other stewardess. After all the horrible things i've heard abt seniors > juniors. Pple often comment that stewardess (especially SQ) are really b*tchy. Even the smart ones seemed to lost their brain and turned stupid?!

Of coz there are the pros abt being a cabin crew for pple like me. Esp when it is a NOT a 9am-6pm job.

Anyway, that much said, i havent gotten the job lar.
I might not even pass the interview and chances are really slim.
Guess i should at least make up my mind before i turn up for the interview coz I have to take 1 day off from my annual leave!

Clara7

Post by Clara7 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:27 pm

dear gal,

honestly, it can get pretty mundane. routine. scary. extremely bitchy and childish. do you enjoy serving? if not, better not. cos if you do, thats the only thing that will keep you going for long. noone can make the decision for you, but we all know how it sucks regretting. youll be fine, take your time to decide if they do send you the email.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:39 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Aiyoh, hope your roster will be filled be awesome flts soon!
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:41 pm

zxtangellove wrote:Anyway just to share. my 2nd sis left her 2nd week of training and paid the penalty as she concluded - based alone on the training which she claim is a total waste of time - it is a Brainless + Bimbo job. She had rather built her career elsewhere since she just graduated from Uni. To her, that's being realistic.

I am affected by what she said since after all, she's my sister.

I having been hesitating for quite some time abt pursuing my little "stewardess" dream. On the other hand, one part of me keeps telling me "if i don't try, i will never know". I am already 25 and had 1 year of experience in the bank. Wouldn't it be a pity if I really step into the this line and realize later that i dislike it?

I am also worried i cannot blend into the culture of other stewardess. After all the horrible things i've heard abt seniors > juniors. Pple often comment that stewardess (especially SQ) are really b*tchy. Even the smart ones seemed to lost their brain and turned stupid?!

Of coz there are the pros abt being a cabin crew for pple like me. Esp when it is a NOT a 9am-6pm job.

Anyway, that much said, i havent gotten the job lar.
I might not even pass the interview and chances are really slim.
Guess i should at least make up my mind before i turn up for the interview coz I have to take 1 day off from my annual leave!

I'm taking NPL to attend. Only cos I want to fulfill a curiosity, and not continue pondering. So I reckon you should just give it a shot. Everyone has different perspective. I'm working in a bank too but to be honest, I miss my waitressing days when I was still in Australia.. and many other reasons. :)

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 6:43 pm

Hello People, to those who've not received your invitations from
SIA, please don't sulk and don't give up. My friend just dropped
me a call and she just got her invitation from SIA a couple of minutes
back so I suppose they're still sorting it out! Worry not! (:

Btw, is there anyone scheduled for 24th interview around the 2.10pm
slot?

Cheers and Regards.
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

ssugarush

Re: 10.50 am on Nov 24

Post by ssugarush » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 6:51 pm

MauriceChai wrote:
sapphire21 wrote:
manukahoney wrote: Hi I'm 24 this year. lets go together. :D
alright! contact me at [email protected] :)) then we can liaise further! woo

I'll go with you guys! haha i'll be contacting you pinksoda!!