Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Wild_Lily

Post by Wild_Lily » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:39 am

diversify wrote:
deja wrote:
Round 3 (1-to-1 interview)_____________
Some interviewers were patient and nice, while others were commented as fierce.:cool: You might be asked to read a passage or simply proceed to Q&A.

Some of the questions asked (both mine and other girls')
- what does customer service mean to you?
- do you have any previous experience in customer service?
- did you have any encounter with nasty customer? how did you deal with him/her?
- why do you choose SIA over the other airlines?
- why do you think SIA should choose you?
- what is your expectation of being a cabin crew?
- are you prepared to have an irregular rest schedule?
- scenario: In flight, a passenger who claimed to have an unpleasant experience with the ground crew complained to you, what will you do? and how will you respond to him?
- scenario: a drunk passenger is requesting for more alcohol, what will you do?

Result: out of the 6 candidates in the same group who made it through round 2 together, 4 passed. (not bad ya! 8-))
hey how did u ans the qn abt the drunk passenger?

gucciGirl

Post by gucciGirl » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:00 am

i went at 2 plus and the queue was long and i not confident so i just left :P dun wan waste my time queuing

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:00 am

Wild_Lily wrote:
diversify wrote:
deja wrote:
Some interviewers were patient and nice, while others were commented as fierce.:cool: You might be asked to read a passage or simply proceed to Q&A.

- did you have any encounter with nasty customer? how did you deal with him/her?
- scenario: In flight, a passenger who claimed to have an unpleasant experience with the ground crew complained to you, what will you do? and how will you respond to him?

Result: out of the 6 candidates in the same group who made it through round 2 together, 4 passed. (not bad ya! 8-))

You could perhaps inform the rest of the crew about the passenger and at the same time monitor his frequency of alcohol intake. Notify the supervisor if need be. =)

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:03 am

Wild_Lily wrote:
diversify wrote:
deja wrote:

a politically correct answer would be

first advise the passenger on his intake of alcohol informing him that alcohol consumption might lead to health risks and it is for his safety and well-being.

if the passenger fails to relent, refer to the cabin crew in-charge for further instructions as an intoxicated passenger poses a safety risk to the aircraft and to other passengers.

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:05 am

poppinchampagne wrote:
Wild_Lily wrote:
diversify wrote: hey how did u ans the qn abt the drunk passenger?

You could perhaps inform the rest of the crew about the passenger and at the same time monitor his frequency of alcohol intake. Notify the supervisor if need be. =)
well, the passenger is already drunk and i see no point in monitoring his intake any further as being drunk means he has to stop drinking... now. :D

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:06 am

sherrielynn wrote:
deja wrote:Round 3 (1-to-1 interview)_____________

ah , i see similiar questions being questioned.
expactations, irregular rest, drunk passenger.. reminds me of my interview last mth.

anyways seen the past few pages, dont give up ladies/gents.
maybe try for the walk in.

i guess i will be seeing flawlessbeauty in batch 66/08.
deja, i hope to see u too !
good luck !
Glad u girls made it through! =))

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:07 am

rachelhoe wrote:its my first time. from what i see.. the 1st round is really by luck one.. one of the girls are really good and couldnt get thru. 2nd round i guess they start to ask you more questions with the lights on you. =(

by luck maybe, but not always. :D
it was my 1st time then, but i believed i've made the effort to look up for details with regards of the interview and the company. sometimes, people can see how much effort you put thru the way you convey.
Last edited by sherrielynn on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flutterby Flutterby

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:09 am

poppinchampagne wrote: Glad u girls made it through! =))

thank you !
Last edited by sherrielynn on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flutterby Flutterby

yuanz

Post by yuanz » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:10 am

poppinchampagne wrote:
Wild_Lily wrote:
diversify wrote: hey how did u ans the qn abt the drunk passenger?

yupyup most importantly stop serving him alcoholic drinks. maybe offer some other alternatives. Monitor him constantly to ensure he doesnt cause any disturbance to other passengers. Inform the other crew members to keep a look out as well. Inform crew in charge..

teztez

Post by teztez » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:26 am

to share my experience with all of you regarding the ban... i failed my management 2 times in 2 months and passed my interview on the third month and am now flying... hoped this help
yuanz wrote:
rachelhoe wrote:lol talking about keep q-ing up... did anybody or anyone know of somebody Q up again after they fail?
lols dont ever try that its not allowed! u might get blacklisted. thats the purpose of the ladies who were sitting there keying in the applications to prevent people from retrying on the same date. Anyway as much as i know there isnt a ban if you fail the 1-1 interview. and its a 3 mth ban if u failed the management round. it used to be 6 mths but i'm not sure whether they revert it back or not..

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:37 am

can i say i will offer him alternatives like other frizzy drinks/ soft drinks. take special effort to serve him. if he insist on getting more alcohol i will tell him we ran out of alcohol on board/ he reach the limit each passenger can consume then again i will offer him other drinks.
and after this if he stills insist i will approach my leader(?)/ in-charged for assistance.
can? i am more concern about how to handle the complaining part =(.
i might just say " i will sincerly appolgise to the passenger about the unpleasant trip he had hoping that the flight will not affect the rest of his trip and that we will take note of his comments to ensure that such complains will not happen again. ending it with thanking him for flying with singapore airlines" (i'm quite stunned by this question)
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:57 am

one aspect of customer service which i strongly believe in is education, i believe customer service representatives should take steps to educate or inform their customers with regards to areas within direct jurisdiction and as such, i believe it would be wise to inform the passenger that too much alcohol has a negative effect on individuals especially in a pressurised cabin and subsequently re-assure the passenger that the crew places their passenger's safety and well-being before all else.

its not a particularly tough question as a cabin crew's main priority and duty is to ensure the safety of the aircraft and the passengers.

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:17 am

teztez wrote:to share my experience with all of you regarding the ban... i failed my management 2 times in 2 months and passed my interview on the third month and am now flying... hoped this help
yuanz wrote:
rachelhoe wrote:lol talking about keep q-ing up... did anybody or anyone know of somebody Q up again after they fail?
lols dont ever try that its not allowed! u might get blacklisted. thats the purpose of the ladies who were sitting there keying in the applications to prevent people from retrying on the same date. Anyway as much as i know there isnt a ban if you fail the 1-1 interview. and its a 3 mth ban if u failed the management round. it used to be 6 mths but i'm not sure whether they revert it back or not..
Hi Teztez, did you have the 3 months inbetween each management round? Wow. ok you are giving me some hope now - cos I'm feeling REALLY crappy after failing my management round for the 2nd time.

And yes girls, when you fail the final round - the lady will say "if you wish to try again, try in 2 months time". There's this 2 - 3 mths ban after the final round, which my cousin had told me it's so that the panel won't remember you and be biased. I did try to go during the ban period and for sure I didn't even make it through round 1 (apparently they are too 'polite' to turn you away & they will let you through but for sure you will get kicked out at round 1)

I too have applied for BA and got invitation for 1st round interview in Dec, but am feeling disheartened now...mainly because I really wanted it so much to get in today and the SIA has always been my 1st (in fact only choice for a long long time...before i finally decided to apply for another airline) and I'm not sure if I will be happy with my 2nd choice =(

Oh well... looking at the list of people who made it to management round, there were a lot of NO as compared to the YES. I got there at 9.15am and was in the last group of people to finish the managament round (saw the group after filling up form and leaving as they will go to STC). Think it was a max of 10 - 15 who made it through for the 23rd Nov session.

Well at least I'm glad I had nice girls with me while waiting. Hope the ex-EK CC clears medical and to the sweet young girl who just passed her A Levels, if her friends are reading this - don't fret! Try again after the 2 mths (3mths to be safer) Just remember to have neater hair and put on a bit of make up. :)

teztez

Post by teztez » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:29 am

no ... cos i didnt even bother about the ban and go for the next interview that came up cheers
mintia wrote:
Hi Teztez, did you have the 3 months inbetween each management round? Wow. ok you are giving me some hope now - cos I'm feeling REALLY crappy after failing my management round for the 2nd time.

And yes girls, when you fail the final round - the lady will say "if you wish to try again, try in 2 months time". There's this 2 - 3 mths ban after the final round, which my cousin had told me it's so that the panel won't remember you and be biased. I did try to go during the ban period and for sure I didn't even make it through round 1 (apparently they are too 'polite' to turn you away & they will let you through but for sure you will get kicked out at round 1)

I too have applied for BA and got invitation for 1st round interview in Dec, but am feeling disheartened now...mainly because I really wanted it so much to get in today and the SIA has always been my 1st (in fact only choice for a long long time...before i finally decided to apply for another airline) and I'm not sure if I will be happy with my 2nd choice =(

Oh well... looking at the list of people who made it to management round, there were a lot of NO as compared to the YES. I got there at 9.15am and was in the last group of people to finish the managament round (saw the group after filling up form and leaving as they will go to STC). Think it was a max of 10 - 15 who made it through for the 23rd Nov session.

Well at least I'm glad I had nice girls with me while waiting. Hope the ex-EK CC clears medical and to the sweet young girl who just passed her A Levels, if her friends are reading this - don't fret! Try again after the 2 mths (3mths to be safer) Just remember to have neater hair and put on a bit of make up. :)

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:44 am

teztez wrote:no ... cos i didnt even bother about the ban and go for the next interview that came up cheers
mintia wrote:

Wow! ok.. maybe I will try at the next one then! (if they are even recruiting in Dec...)