Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:36 pm

Hmm.. Today's interview didn't seem to bring lots of good news. It's OK girls (and guys)! There's always a next time (and a better economy to look forward to)! Don't give up and let's all JIAYOU!

Then again... Any good news?? :P
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

blushred

Post by blushred » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:39 pm

after scrolling through all the posts... alotta disappointed dejected ppl....

any success stories?? give us a FR on how things went and stuff.. hopefuully it might give us some hope for the next time we try...

i'm from group 2 for guys....

az

Post by az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:40 pm

chocopie wrote:AZ - yeah dun give up. at least u get to try on e kebaya. haha...we didnt even get there. hmm.. so how was tat round like??
hoho..i didnt get to the 2nd round!! i think u mistook me for someone else!! :)

Mighty Mouse

Post by Mighty Mouse » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:44 pm

is that a quota to hit.. mayb they hit the quota alr so they jus boot out e rest.. ?...

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:47 pm

Mighty Mouse wrote:is that a quota to hit.. mayb they hit the quota alr so they jus boot out e rest.. ?...
No quota. :)

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:49 pm

hehehe was too nervous during the 3rd round and kind of screwed it up. damn

Mighty Mouse

Post by Mighty Mouse » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:52 pm

.. is there any one who had sucessfully got selected today and please tell us your story today.. :)

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:07 pm

sillyflower wrote:
M wrote:
sillyflower wrote:I think they are hmm... looking for submissive girls with average confidence who will conform to their herd system. What do you guys think?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think that is happening. So you're saying anyone whom gets selected is submissive? :shock:
Put it in this way... Those who were recruited are soft-spoken and feminine. They possess the cultural beauty of asian girls.
Hi... please rest assured that this is not true at all. My batch consists of girls with a wide spectrum of personality and background. But one thing common among us is that we are all very friendly, chatty and most of us sociable and outgoing.

Most of you might feel demoralized cos we feel like we have no idea what the interviewers are looking for. It is true when they say 'luck' plays an extremely big part, and different interviewers have different criteria and angles of judgment as well. But one thing we all know for sure that all job interviewers in the world look for is presentable looks, positive body language and a good head on your shoulder.

If you are confident that you have what it takes, i'm sure luck will catch up with you one day :) All the best and hope the next recruitment comes soon!

PS. i'm not sure why there's this misconception that the airline prefers submissive girls lol we're not running a maid agency here. Contrary to popular beliefs, a crew actually need to be assertive on many occasions especially with regards to safety.
The world at your doorstep...

starry

Post by starry » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:09 pm

there seems to hv a quite a number of EK crews trying out. i have 2 EK crews in my group too. ;)

anyway, i got booted out at round 1. so sad....

deja

Post by deja » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:18 pm

i have just returned home after spending 8 hours at sheraton, i'm literately exhausted. my jaw is aching while my face muscles are tensed up. *yawn*

the crowd was so endless and large that many will need to go to STC on another day to continue with the interview(s).

deja

Post by deja » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:23 pm

starry wrote:there seems to hv a quite a number of EK crews trying out. i have 2 EK crews in my group too. ;)

anyway, i got booted out at round 1. so sad....
same! the emirates crew in my group sounded confident in the first round. she stated that she was a mother of a kid residing in Singapore and therefore her wish to station here instead of in dubei. Her experience and reason of application were so sound that I did feel that she would definitely deserve to be granted a pass. unfortunately, she wasn't. how lovely it would be if the family could reunion.
Last edited by deja on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deja

Post by deja » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:28 pm

mintia wrote:Just got home after spending 7 hours at Sheraton... and failing the management round yet Again! :cry:

I really don't know what I did wrong - well if it's not them then it must be me...

Today's turn out was crazy - arrived at 9am and was group 35! By the time I was waiting for the 1-1 interview @ 2pm, it wa group 80! Think today's walk-in was like 1200ppl... and I wonder how many will make it through to the end.

In my 1st round, 6 out of 10 made it, then 3 of us passed kebaya and 1-1 interview... finally only 1 out of my group made it pass management round. Good for her - ex Emirates crew too.

*sigh* Maybe it's time to give up...who fails management round twice?!! Think only me lor. *sniff*
perhaps the group no. wasn't always in chronological order? coz I reported for round 2 after lunch hours at almost 2pm and was assigned group 11. :???:

what time did you start waiting for the mgt round? :)

flawlessbeauty

Post by flawlessbeauty » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:37 pm

hi everyone. Just came back from the interview and today interview was tiring and tedious. didn't expect that the interview was so long and time consuming. I ended up staying at the hotel from 930am to 4pm. Managed to pass the managment round and will be starting training next year however i'm still thinking of whether i should take up the job offer due to the economic recession lately.

I started quening at 930 and there was already a long quene filled with cc wannabe. I waited patiently for my height to be taken and to hand up the application form. about 45 min later, my group of girls were being lead to the room and every individual starts with their intros. I have a pretty short intro as i only state my age, school, current occupation and i did state the number of foreign language that i can speak. after that, everyone of us were told to wait outside for the outcome and 3 out of 10 girls were chosen and i was one of them.

we were told to wait for our to screen through our education cert etc. after screening through, we were told wait patiently for our kebaya round. while waiting, i saw many pretty slim ladies so i prepare myself to be booted after kebaya round since i'm not slim at all. height and weight were taken and i was told to choose a set of kebaya and proceed to change. after changing, the interviewer told me to bun up my hair and to take out whatever accessories that i am wearing. shortly, i was told to walk towards the interviewer and they ask me to proceed to the skin check area. afterthat, i was told to wait outside for the result. Came to my surprise, i got in with the other 2 girls.

there came the 3rd round which is a 1-1 interview. i should said that i'm pretty lucky as i met a very nice interviewer who didn't ask me anything related to the company. instead, i was asked what is the reason of me being a cc, how many language can i speak since i did state that i can speak 6 different languages and some other questions that i can't really remember. the interviewer was very nice to me. after that, i was told to proceed to the 4th round which is the management round. by the time, i was dead tired and exhausted while waiting for the management round. not long later, it was my turn for the management round and the questions i was asked were pretty simple and straight forward. basically i was asked about my family, my school, hobbies and i was told to say "hello" and "thank you" in various languages such as japanese, korean, thai, spanish, french and italian. the last round was pretty fast and the interviewer shock me by commenting that : congrats girl, you have done well.

finally, i finished my last round of the interview and i was the only 1 out of the 3 that got in. thanks god that i got in after trying for 3 times.

to all cc wannabe out there, don't be dishearted and keep on trying. dreams do become reality and your determination will pay off one day.

as concluded, i feel that you got to be really confident and make sure that you can show to the interviewer your sincerity, willingness to learn and adapt into sia culture. go with a positive mind and learn from the mistakes and failure. take care and see you guys on board soon.

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:44 pm

yuanz wrote:
Mushroom wrote:Hi all,
Btw does anyone know what are the ladies doing when they get our application and key into the laptop? Are they also checking our background like how many times we tried? Rejected their sister brand airlines offer thus blacklisted?
lol they're just keying the applications into the system prob to prevent those under ban or blacklisted ones from trying out w/n the ban period. they'd have records of how many times u tried yup but it doesnt affect ur chances of being selected.=)) today's passing rate is really low eh. jiayou ppl try again!! az dont be discouraged! if this is really ur passion then try again! alot depends on luck and esp now there's recession it'll definitely be harder since they'd be stricter in their selection, but i believe its subjective and depends on different interviewers as well. dont give up and believe in yourself! try again!
Hey Yuan,
Thanks for replying.
But does the records show a list of people who rejected Silkair or Tiger air contract? I really dun want to waste my time if there is a ban or i'm blacklisted cos i'll never get in.
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

diversify

Post by diversify » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:47 pm

flawlessbeauty wrote:hi everyone. Just came back from the interview and today interview was tiring and tedious. didn't expect that the interview was so long and time consuming. I ended up staying at the hotel from 930am to 4pm. Managed to pass the managment round and will be starting training next year however i'm still thinking of whether i should take up the job offer due to the economic recession lately.

I started quening at 930 and there was already a long quene filled with cc wannabe. I waited patiently for my height to be taken and to hand up the application form. about 45 min later, my group of girls were being lead to the room and every individual starts with their intros. I have a pretty short intro as i only state my age, school, current occupation and i did state the number of foreign language that i can speak. after that, everyone of us were told to wait outside for the outcome and 3 out of 10 girls were chosen and i was one of them.

we were told to wait for our to screen through our education cert etc. after screening through, we were told wait patiently for our kebaya round. while waiting, i saw many pretty slim ladies so i prepare myself to be booted after kebaya round since i'm not slim at all. height and weight were taken and i was told to choose a set of kebaya and proceed to change. after changing, the interviewer told me to bun up my hair and to take out whatever accessories that i am wearing. shortly, i was told to walk towards the interviewer and they ask me to proceed to the skin check area. afterthat, i was told to wait outside for the result. Came to my surprise, i got in with the other 2 girls.

there came the 3rd round which is a 1-1 interview. i should said that i'm pretty lucky as i met a very nice interviewer who didn't ask me anything related to the company. instead, i was asked what is the reason of me being a cc, how many language can i speak since i did state that i can speak 6 different languages and some other questions that i can't really remember. the interviewer was very nice to me. after that, i was told to proceed to the 4th round which is the management round. by the time, i was dead tired and exhausted while waiting for the management round. not long later, it was my turn for the management round and the questions i was asked were pretty simple and straight forward. basically i was asked about my family, my school, hobbies and i was told to say "hello" and "thank you" in various languages such as japanese, korean, thai, spanish, french and italian. the last round was pretty fast and the interviewer shock me by commenting that : congrats girl, you have done well.

finally, i finished my last round of the interview and i was the only 1 out of the 3 that got in. thanks god that i got in after trying for 3 times.

to all cc wannabe out there, don't be dishearted and keep on trying. dreams do become reality and your determination will pay off one day.

as concluded, i feel that you got to be really confident and make sure that you can show to the interviewer your sincerity, willingness to learn and adapt into sia culture. go with a positive mind and learn from the mistakes and failure. take care and see you guys on board soon.
wow, the fact that you can speak 6 foreign languages IS impressive...