Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:36 am

anyone enlighten me, when they told me i'm batch 65/08, does it mean i'm the 65th batch this yr?! :shock:
Flutterby Flutterby

yakai

Post by yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:57 am

sherrielynn wrote:anyone enlighten me, when they told me i'm batch 65/08, does it mean i'm the 65th batch this yr?! :shock:
could be.. our batch no use to be like 3 digits numbering so since it exceeds the 3 digit mark so they decided to change the numbering system.. jus like wat they did to our staff no oso

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:58 am

KimberlyGin wrote:
pork12 wrote:
KimberlyGin wrote: Haha.. Clearly! You're going this Sunday?
Yes. Meeting others at the MRT. Getting my bf to accompany too. haha
More support. Good luck!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:43 am

yakai wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:anyone enlighten me, when they told me i'm batch 65/08, does it mean i'm the 65th batch this yr?! :shock:
could be.. our batch no use to be like 3 digits numbering so since it exceeds the 3 digit mark so they decided to change the numbering system.. jus like wat they did to our staff no oso
For all I know,they already have batch 900+ or 1000 right? :roll:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

iemuy

Post by iemuy » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:06 pm

jlayl wrote:Hi.. I know I've posted this several times..
but I really want to know,
how many ppl who went for the walk in interview had their height measured shorter than they really are?
sherrie lynn, was your height accurate?
I just want to know whether its a most-of-the-time-measure-shorter thing or just that one particular incident that happened.
thanks.

*worried* :cry:
yep. i guess is always 1 cm shorter. mine was measured 1 cm shorter. theres this girl, she is 158cm. but was measured at 157cm. so she got kicked out immediately.

yakai

Post by yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:08 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
yakai wrote:
For all I know,they already have batch 900+ or 1000 right? :roll:
ya so prob cannot be continuing on the 4 digit series so make do with new numbering?

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:14 pm

I heard that if you are not able to reach and touch the red line, then they will ask you to leave.

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:30 pm

salvana wrote:hello superpinkystar,

yupe.. did my SNYs. and my 1st solo will be on 26th nov.
pretty nervous abt it though. :-|
how's life so far? i din get to see u at all in STC.
I met wif a few forumers in STC. :)

hello sillyflower,

i shall b waiting for the good news then :D
hello once again my dear girl!!
i am clearing probation soon! cannot wait!! and looking forward to my leave and lasik!!!
welcome to the big family!!!!all the best for your first solo!!
:)
keep in contact k?
*smile always

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:55 pm

babypig0630 wrote:I need to bring my original of educational certificates for interview? Oh my god! My certificate is very big..........bigger than A3 size..........How can I bring? It will be make some trouble for me.
I have all my certificates in an A3 size clear folder, its not that trouble some, trust me :wink:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:59 pm

You are right !!! You are the 65th batch of year 2008. the last batch using the old numbering system is batch 999 and there is no batch 1000. From batch 1000 onwards they use this new system as it is easier to know from which year you join the company :wink:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:16 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
You are right !!! You are the 65th batch of year 2008. the last batch using the old numbering system is batch 999 and there is no batch 1000. From batch 1000 onwards they use this new system as it is easier to know from which year you join the company :wink:
fwah, thats alot of batch for a year.
Oh and aber, just another quick question...
where is cabin crew training department, level 3 , lobby B ? if i'm to go on my 1st day of training, i should just walk towards my left and need not turn right ?
Flutterby Flutterby

yuanz

Re: SIA Requirements

Post by yuanz » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:48 pm

eLmYrA_1984 wrote:
jlayl wrote:
eLmYrA_1984 wrote:Hey Ladies...

Reading your posts really makes me anxious and excited at the same time...i'm still in doubt on whether i should really be going for the interview this 23rd..Encouragement from friends and family motivates me to go but the requirements, it seems i dont quite fit them...My height is on the loosing end which is between 157 - 159 cm ( I swear i can never get the exact height cause it differs everywher...hahaha ), qualification wise : 5 'O' levels or 'A' level n partial 'O' level but mine is 4 'O's and Higher nitec in accounting(ITE cert)...I need advice on whether do i really qualify and that i should go or drop my dreams...????

P/S : Im still wondering how some of u ladies get invitation thru e-mails???

Thanks for ur advices..really appreciate them...
Hi there!
I'm also like you, same problem with my height! for me, I measured at home to my best accuracy is 158.5cm. Which means its at a really dangerous end cos I don't have that excess 2cm for them to cut away. But I'm still going, hope that they measure accurately (cos If they do I am sure I make the 158cm mark) or hope they hear me out and measure properly or smthing.
I think you should just go and see how it goes. no guarantees that you will DEFINITELY make it, but it doesn't hurt to go. its not guarantee cmi too, right? :)
Hey thank u so much for ur reply..boosted my morale a little bit though...hehehe...good luck to u dear n everyone here... :)
hey, just to share.. SIA is very strict on their requirements cause u'll not be able to register if u dont meet the minimum educational requirement in the first place and will most prob be sent back when you're queueing up for registration..so the best option would be to get a diploma or retake an o level paper just to secure tt 5 credits.. for the height requirement its really strict also because u need to reach the cabin compartment of the aircraft and the measuring device at the recruitment always measures shorter than usual for everyone..alot had been asked to leave because of tt..but still good luck to those who's trying this sun!

eLmYrA_1984

Re: SIA Requirements

Post by eLmYrA_1984 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:59 pm

yuanz wrote:
eLmYrA_1984 wrote:
jlayl wrote: Hi there!
I'm also like you, same problem with my height! for me, I measured at home to my best accuracy is 158.5cm. Which means its at a really dangerous end cos I don't have that excess 2cm for them to cut away. But I'm still going, hope that they measure accurately (cos If they do I am sure I make the 158cm mark) or hope they hear me out and measure properly or smthing.
I think you should just go and see how it goes. no guarantees that you will DEFINITELY make it, but it doesn't hurt to go. its not guarantee cmi too, right? :)
Hey thank u so much for ur reply..boosted my morale a little bit though...hehehe...good luck to u dear n everyone here... :)
hey, just to share.. SIA is very strict on their requirements cause u'll not be able to register if u dont meet the minimum educational requirement in the first place and will most prob be sent back when you're queueing up for registration..so the best option would be to get a diploma or retake an o level paper just to secure tt 5 credits.. for the height requirement its really strict also because u need to reach the cabin compartment of the aircraft and the measuring device at the recruitment always measures shorter than usual for everyone..alot had been asked to leave because of tt..but still good luck to those who's trying this sun!
thanks for sharing...i will keep that in mind..anyways like what everyone tells me u never know till you try...so ill jus go for it...worst thing that can ever happen is they telling me to leave...at least i know 1 thing for sure that ive tried but it wasnt meant to be... :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:02 pm

Yyen wrote:You were annoyed now? Then you better don't join or you will be further annoyed.

Very clearly it states that only people from the above 2 countries and residing in SIN need to apply. Without this rule, all Malaysian will come to SIN for the interviews and if rejected go back to Malaysia to try again at the interviews there and all Singaporean will flock to Malaysia to try for the interviews there

You were right, only Malaysian,Singaporean, PRs' (so far I know only Malaysian, Indonessian and China PRs are accepted)

WOW! i've never expect such reply from this forum. either way, i beg to differ and make myself clear!
however to my disappointment, for such trivial matter i got such unfriendly reply. You were annoyed now? Then you better don't join or you will be further annoyed. and i'm telling you now, that whatever happen, i WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP TRYING! AND WILL JOIN SIA ONE FINE DAY, ONE FINE DAY!!!!
...... i'm sorry if my post ANNOYED, you! and thank you very much on the explanation. but im really annoyed by your unfriendly reply. i guess i will just have to wait and go for the interview in Indonesia, rather than trying to ask help "everywhere" but received such reply! without understanding how i feel.
last but not least, just a gentle reminder, THIS is forum, a place to source help and exchange information, NOT to discourage others or make him/her feels so! annoyed by all this stupid question? should not even exist here at all![/quote]
I am very sorry that my reply made you feel "really annoyed" Maybe I am too direct but never unfriendly :cry: I never discourage you, I am just pointing out to you what the requirement is. A rule or requirement is there to be followed, if you does not fit into it then you should know the out come. You can still ask around but all you get will be answer like " just try, you don't try you don't know" well you can do just that but you should be prepared to face the truth.

You were annoyed now? Then you better don't join or you will be further annoyed. and i'm telling you now, that whatever happen, i WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP TRYING! AND WILL JOIN SIA ONE FINE DAY, ONE FINE DAY!!!!

Talk to any CC in there and they will tell you the good points. Literally, word by word :
1) Its a good job, you earn "alot" of $$ plus many off days. (Depends how how you define alot, $3.5K-$5K per mth as a Non Ranking Crew. Alot to a Malaysian/China/Indo crew but not alot to a SIN/JAP crew. Certainly not alot to Plvat! )
2)You get to travel to many places.
3)You do not bring any homework by home!
4)Its an easy job, you do not need to use your brain!

Bad Points:
There will be 1001 complaints !!! You will be surprise! I have not heard anyone complaint so much about their company before :P Trust me, there will be many many things that will annoy you after you become a CC. The truth always hurt. I have refrain myself from replying to many questions here as I know the truth will hurt them. For your case, you were annoyed by not full filling the requirements, that's why I chose to reply to you. Anyway, everybody situation is unique, so they might still take you in ! Who knows...I hope that my reply does not further anger you, Make Love not war :wave:
FAQ :
" I am 157cm should I try?" - There is a margin of error there, so lets say +- 2cm, you still stand a chance.
" I don't have the education required, can I try" - There is only one way that you can still go thru, thats by the back door, meaning you know someone in a position inside to smuggle you in.
"I am not a MY/INDO/CHINA PR can I try the interviews in SIN?" or "I am a foreigner can I try the interviews in SIN?" - Try the interview held in your country is the only way. If there isn't any in your country it means you do not qualified.
"Malaysian/singaporean" AND not OR "residing in singapore" -If you are neither you do not qualified.
"I am fat or my skin is bad can I try?" - What is your image of a CC, do you think that you fit into it? If yes, then go ahead. To say that... I have seen Fat and bad skin SQ CC! It really puzzle me :shock:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:18 pm

sherrielynn wrote: fwah, thats alot of batch for a year.
Oh and aber, just another quick question...
where is cabin crew training department, level 3 , lobby B ? if i'm to go on my 1st day of training, i should just walk towards my left and need not turn right ?
Last year to this year there was a major recruitment for the planed expansion of the Airline, but due to the situation now we can only hope for the best...with so many surplus crew :(

You were right to ask the policeman of STC this question! Enter the main door to the lobby,go straight and on your left enter the lift. Go to 3rd floor. Out of the lift turn Left go about 15 steps, there is a wooden door on your left, use your pass to enter. Once you enter take the left corridor, walk towards the end and greet everything that moves! At the end turn of it turn left and look for the file that have your batch number on it and your name should be in there for you to sign in(You will have to do this everyday) never never be late. Which classroom is yours? Look for the list pasted on the pink board right infront of you and look for your batch number, you should find the room number of your class beside it. They might put a note in your folder to indicate where you should go too. All the best :wink: