Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 9:42 am

Gnip wrote:
Eh.. My hands also not very feminine. On the contrary, I think they looked quite manly. Haha. But I don't think it's an issue (I'm like living in denial). You'll never know until you try out. Feet won't be an issue dear, cos I read somewhere you can wear stockings if your toe nails are not painted. =)

I was laughing out loud when i read that! Hahaha! So are you now flying for SQ?

Thanks in advance! :)
Haha. I wish!! I haven't been to any of their interviews. <B>YET.</B>Not only I've got manly hands, I've also got problematic skin! So I'm trying to improve my skin cond before I try... =P

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 9:48 am

dagerl wrote:
pork12 wrote:
Gnip wrote: I don't have very feminine hands I think. I don't have those gorgeous nails and slim fingertips. I feel so unconfident not! And I have ugly feet! ):
Eh.. My hands also not very feminine. On the contrary, I think they looked quite manly. Haha. But I don't think it's an issue (I'm like living in denial). You'll never know until you try out. Feet won't be an issue dear, cos I read somewhere you can wear stockings if your toe nails are not painted. =)
wow..so u can realli wear stockings? i mean they wun ask u to take out? i've got realli bad skin on my legs, stockings realli help. lol.. anyway, can we wear our own heels/shoes during the kabaya? or muz wear theirs?
I read this off a website (can't rmb the URL) for stewardess long ago. Not sure if it's still valid now. I can't confirm for the interviewing process though..

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:34 am

pork12 wrote:
Gnip wrote:

Haha. I wish!! I haven't been to any of their interviews. <B>YET.</B>Not only I've got manly hands, I've also got problematic skin! So I'm trying to improve my skin cond before I try... =P

Eh we go try on the 21st together laaaa. :P

I'm not too confident of SIA letting me through. I have Silkair this Friday too! Gah! Any idea what happens if one manages to get accepted by both airlines?
Helloo! (:

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 3:02 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:they will not ask you to remove stockings. however as you walk the kebaya slit might open so

1) make sure you walk in small steps so that the slit would not reveal too much of your legs

2) if the discolouration/ scars is veryveryvery obvious even through the slit then you may want to consider sally hansen. if not stockings are perfectly fine :)

and stop worrying about how your hands look! as long as u have no obvious scars, be confident about yourself and you will make it through :)

how high are/is the slits/slit? i

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 4:35 pm

Gnip wrote:
pork12 wrote:
Gnip wrote:

Eh we go try on the 21st together laaaa. :P

I'm not too confident of SIA letting me through. I have Silkair this Friday too! Gah! Any idea what happens if one manages to get accepted by both airlines?
I'm quite tempted to go actually... but my face really quite bad la.. and I'm like FAT. I'm having those 'i already know cannot make it liao still go' thoughts....

I think a few pages ago someone mentioned that if accepted by both, you might be 'booted' out from both....

mintia

Re: does anyone know?

Post by mintia » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:02 pm

ladyinc wrote:
leeyannyng wrote:Hi, does anyone know if there's ban for interview if u fail the 1st try? e.g gt rejected in rd 1...
cos i actually ask my fren and she said there is no ban... but juz wan to double check wif u guys...

thanks! :wink:
hey there, the ban is only applicable if you failed at the management round, i.e Round 4. There is also no ban for repetitive tries if you fulfill the above mentioned criteria or unless you have been told officially by the staff otherwise.

Hope this helps. :D
Can I ask does anyone know how long this ban is? I didn't make it through the final 4th round (management) in June.. and since then I've tried walk-ins but never made it through round 1! Is it due to the 'ban'? Can someone please enlighten me? It's just very disheartening to have been to the final round and not being able to get there again, for reasons unknown! :cry:

thank you!

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:14 pm

some say ban for 2 months, 3 months , or 6 months.

when they had told u not to try, i guess they probably meant it. u can try, but u are not likely to make it further than the first round.

last December when i failed the management round, it was 2 months.

SIA being so diplomatic, would not turn people away, so long as if you meet the minimum criteria.

sigh. sian right.. but what to do.. keep on trying then :cry:

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:41 pm

I'm quite tempted to go actually... but my face really quite bad la.. and I'm like FAT. I'm having those 'i already know cannot make it liao still go' thoughts....

I think a few pages ago someone mentioned that if accepted by both, you might be 'booted' out from both....

Really? Sheesh. But I wanted to try out for both! :( Can anyone confirm this?
Helloo! (:

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 8:21 pm

Gnip wrote:

Really? Sheesh. But I wanted to try out for both! :( Can anyone confirm this?
aiya gnip, you can start worrying if you get through silkair's interview tmr. right now no contract has been offered and you've yet to sign anything you will not be blacklisted or banned definitely. :D

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 8:22 pm

hello! anyone wants to go for the interview together please pm me! :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 2:28 pm

gnip: how's ur interview today?? =)

cuteprince

question?

Post by cuteprince » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 5:46 pm

thanks for all the tips and info that posted over here , am goin for the next open call on 21 sep.....nervous.....1st time here..hehe......who is goin to the open call on tat day??
how to answer the following question?
1.what will you do if you met a drunken passenger? Will you still provide him more drinks?

2.If you accidentally spilled a hot drink on a passenger and the passenger is super furious, what will you do?

3.why do you want to switch a career? (i noe this is a stupid question for me to ask......haha....just wanna have some clue form you guys.:)

thanks.

cuteprince

Re: Not a bed of rosses afterall

Post by cuteprince » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 6:06 pm

congrat wawa, mt friend oso gt in to sia via malaysia open call last year. and he is now flying over the world...hehe....but he did complain about the crew culture...for eg...if u wan to go somewhere...u have to ring to all senior to ask for permission and a must to invite them to join....lol...crazy...y must wear a mask suring private space...but as if you really wan the job...we have to melt into the culture too....sometimes, when you need to achieved a goal, you have to sacrified too...:)
jia you every1!!!!
be happy, be pretty, be yaself!!!

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Re: question?

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:45 pm

cuteprince wrote: 1.what will you do if you met a drunken passenger? Will you still provide him more drinks?

2.If you accidentally spilled a hot drink on a passenger and the passenger is super furious, what will you do?

3.why do you want to switch a career? (i noe this is a stupid question for me to ask......haha....just wanna have some clue form you guys.:)

thanks.
Hi,

For me, my ans would be :_
1) Apologise to tt pax n provide only softdrinks for him. If he insists on having alcohol, i will inform my crew leader for further instruction.
2) Apologise to tt pax and help to clean his/her clothes. I would also inform my crew leader and pay more attention to tt pax to make him/her feel more comfortable during the filight.
3) Ermm.. it really depends on individual...

:D no matter how, have to apologise to pax in the 1st place coz 'customers oways right'?? :???:

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:48 pm

pork12 wrote:gnip: how's ur interview today?? =)
Hey hey! I made it to the management round! Waiting for their response which will come next week.. :)
Helloo! (: