Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ladyinc

Post by ladyinc » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 8:56 am

ladies, is there anyone who went for the medical check up on the
25th august, and received the confirmation clearance call from Mary already?
It has been 4 days and i've yet to receive mine.
I'm starting to freak out. :???:

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:48 am

paperboat wrote:This is my first time applying for the job. I sent my application to them, and got the reply. I was suppose to go for the interview tmrw at 1030am. I decided not to give it a try. Cos i knew that they need girls with pleasant smiles, but i dont have a pleasant smile. As when i smile, can see my upper gums. Oh wells.. i only can dream of it, but couldnt go for it. :(

For those trying, GOOD LUCK! :wink:
why worry so much? just go ahead and try ma! if you read thru the prev posts... there are girls who worried abt their vampire tooth and all but they go thru!

go try!

good Luck!! =)

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 3:49 pm

I think today rejection rate is super high. This is my first time where no girls got in my group. There's one girl who quite pretty & speak well but didn't make it, so wierd. The previous grp only an Indian girl got in. The previous previous grp none got in too.

However i wanna ask how come today there is this China girl at STC who is so different from the rest of the candidate? She seems to have special privillege. Those ladies measuring our height knows her name before she submit anything. Then she can measured first while the rest of the girls hv to wait. If i'm not wrong, she also went thru round one alone.
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

eunice1982

Post by eunice1982 » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 5:16 pm

Mushroom wrote:I think today rejection rate is super high. This is my first time where no girls got in my group. There's one girl who quite pretty & speak well but didn't make it, so wierd. The previous grp only an Indian girl got in. The previous previous grp none got in too.

However i wanna ask how come today there is this China girl at STC who is so different from the rest of the candidate? She seems to have special privillege. Those ladies measuring our height knows her name before she submit anything. Then she can measured first while the rest of the girls hv to wait. If i'm not wrong, she also went thru round one alone.
Hey mushroom,maybe she is re-join crew.As re-join crew only have to go thru1round..which is management stage.Do she need to go thru kebaya?If she need to go thru that then it quite odd d...

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 6:17 pm

hello girls. you all'll probably throw sticks and stones at me but i'm kinda curious if i want to find a job in DFS (changi airport), where do i go apply? i read someone in this thread before but i cant seem to find it back !

sorry girls! but thanks many to those who help! :D

have a grt day

endlessx

Post by endlessx » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 8:32 pm

Maybe u should check out their website...

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 9:37 pm

Mushroom wrote:I think today rejection rate is super high. This is my first time where no girls got in my group. There's one girl who quite pretty & speak well but didn't make it, so wierd. The previous grp only an Indian girl got in. The previous previous grp none got in too.

how many groups were there? anyone else who went today? more sharing!! :D

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:06 pm

yellowpig wrote:hello girls. you all'll probably throw sticks and stones at me but i'm kinda curious if i want to find a job in DFS (changi airport), where do i go apply? i read someone in this thread before but i cant seem to find it back !

sorry girls! but thanks many to those who help! :D

have a grt day
http://www.dfsgalleria.com/galleria/sho ... 493deb7388

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 2:02 am

Mushroom wrote: However i wanna ask how come today there is this China girl at STC who is so different from the rest of the candidate? She seems to have special privillege. Those ladies measuring our height knows her name before she submit anything. Then she can measured first while the rest of the girls hv to wait. If i'm not wrong, she also went thru round one alone.
she is most probably a returning crew, dear

poohie

Post by poohie » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 2:53 pm

Hi all

Application Details
Walk-In interviews will be conducted on 21 September 2008 at:
Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

Please bring the following documents for registration at Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel between 9am and 3pm on 24 September 2008.

Completed application form with passport-sized photograph attached
Original(s) of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card

Notice the difference in date ? So the interview is on the 21st or 24th ? Anyone knws ?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 3:43 pm

i think it's a typo. :)

mintia

Post by mintia » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:47 am

It's most likely 21st - as they always hold their walk-ins on a Sunday :)

poohie

Post by poohie » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 2:36 am

Ya i also tink its a typo error maybe they change the date to september but did not change the date .. it is still 24 coz last mth walk in was on 24 Aug :D

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:36 pm

eunice1982 wrote:Hey mushroom,maybe she is re-join crew.As re-join crew only have to go thru1round..which is management stage.Do she need to go thru kebaya?If she need to go thru that then it quite odd d...
Hmm not sure if she went to the Kebaya round. But i saw her waiting outside the round 1 interviewing room where my group came out from.
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:39 am

congratulations on ur acceptance ladyinc!! yay training starts soon for u!!=)