Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
WING

SIA

Post by WING » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:08 am

misshoong so u got thru the whole thing today?

anyone in grp 63 here???

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:11 am

The truth is i'm also quite amused that we're allowed to try infinite times until we eventually learn what the interviewers want. Perhaps it's cos they only take in about 10% each time, the selection process is so stringent that they felt interviewees should be given chances to change and improve and morph into the perfect SQ girl. :roll:

Then again selection is extremely subjective.

littlemissy

Post by littlemissy » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:15 am

akiheartfelt wrote:
littlemissy wrote: Yup... it was one of the girls who were checking our forms, and taking out height before asking us to go into ballroom 2...

I agree, we're all caught in a dilemma... next time round I'm gonna just say first time, just to see if they really keep records.. haha
she might not be an SQ staff. could be from the recruitment company, and telling you hearsays.
omg.. I'm so sorry for giving the wrong info... didn't realise that there was a recruitment company involved :oops:

congrats to those who got through..

getting rejected is really tough.. though its only my second try, but I already have that 'no hope' feeling..

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:24 am

Yah... most of e gals managin e queue outside are from Adecco, they are recognisable thru tis staff id pass ard their neck, if she's from Adecco, I tink u had better not lie abt it, wat if its like wat akiheartfelt said, they do data entry? And u got blacklisted? Tink twice oh...

Anyway i dun tink they'll conduct any write-in interviews anymore since they nn a massive intake. Write-in wld take them too much time. Since 2006, they had been recruitin thru walk-in nearly evry mth or once evry 6wks, i noe cos i keep track of their recruitment. Haha!

Anyway, I juz realised sumthin, didnt u guys realise tt tis time round e interview is 3 wks aft last mths, instead of e usual 6 wks?! I tink its either they feel tt they r not gettin e required numbers yet, or they cld be nearin e end of their recruitment!! Possible? Wif e huge no. of casualties today, im so afraid it maybe tt way leh...

Abercrombie, wat u said is very true, they are lookin for e rite attitude, dun u tink tt they wld oso choose a person who wld stay long in e co. rather than a person who doesnt? a multi-time tryer havin tried so many times will view tis opportunity as a precious 1, n thus will not quit easily. While a 1st timer who got e job easily may not cherish it as much lor... So i feel tt its more impt to hire sum1 who stays long, rather than sum1 who has no idea wat they r signin up for...

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:30 am

Yeah and besides, most people get booted out before they reach the interview where they get to talk and show their attitude and how much they know about this job.

WING

SIA

Post by WING » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:32 am

hey there i think its better to be honest. of course they will have a record of your previous attempts so its not worth it to lie.

they are probably having intensive hiring now to deal with the outflow after bonus is given out ard july. at least they beef up the numbers now so that they wont be short of staff. anyway we all know that the turn over is quite high too... furthermore they maybe cutting the allowances.

continue to try! dun give up gals! (and guys) :D

misshoong

Re: SIA

Post by misshoong » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:38 am

WING wrote:misshoong so u got thru the whole thing today?

anyone in grp 63 here???
Mine was the feb recruitment babe

littlemissy

Post by littlemissy » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:39 am

yup... their interview process is seriously flawed

anyway I think the next interview is tentitively 27th April, overheard a girl asking...

:D

WING

SIA

Post by WING » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:46 am

oh misshoong, i see!

there were not alot of people today. i only stayed there for one hour from the time i stepped in til out of the hotel.

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:47 am

Joycee-congrats!! so far the only good news i've seen in this forum! All the best (still) for your medical.

cythx- its my 5th attempt as well. I think 1st & 2nd round is about luck ba??
Maybe they had enough quotas with recruitment in Malaysia. So they expects more from Singaporeans?? Maybe fresher people?? well, we'll have to see what happens in april recruitments.

lynnburp... purple, Lynn & i are all planning to try-out april recruitment ONCE AGAIN! U can come onbaord and join our new Titanic!

beautiful_river(abt emailing). U can try sending email, but with their busy sheducles of arranging trainings date and other paperworks, I doubt they will respond unless there is a write-in recruitment which they might do once in a while. be patient then 8-)

Purple.sara-now the member onboard is lynn, you & i. Welcome onboard and we sail on April and everyone can join us?!! yeahhie :P

Quote from sqfanatic
Abercrombie, wat u said is very true, they are lookin for e rite attitude, dun u tink tt they wld oso choose a person who wld stay long in e co. rather than a person who doesnt? a multi-time tryer havin tried so many times will view tis opportunity as a precious 1, n thus will not quit easily. While a 1st timer who got e job easily may not cherish it as much lor... So i feel tt its more impt to hire sum1 who stays long, rather than sum1 who has no idea wat they r signin up for...

Personally, I cant help but to totally agree with sqfanatic! Some of us are so dying to have this job? shouldnt we try to improve ourselves to meet this job requirements?? At least we are all prepare and know why we are here for this job. And if we do get selected, we will treasure it more than anyone else in the world...! :D

WING is right. They have a record of applications and there is no use lying.
Well SIA may have different and unpredictable hiring standards, but the least we can do is to be honest. Who will wanna hire a staff that has thought of being dishonest b4?? not such a good idea. ..
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 1:04 am

akiheartfelt wrote:
littlemissy wrote: Yup... it was one of the girls who were checking our forms, and taking out height before asking us to go into ballroom 2...

I agree, we're all caught in a dilemma... next time round I'm gonna just say first time, just to see if they really keep records.. haha
she might not be an SQ staff. could be from the recruitment company, and telling you hearsays.
You mean we all line up and wait for the measurement of high before go into the room and wait right? I saw their tag. They are from Adecco. That means they are not SQ staff.

Lynnhuang

Post by Lynnhuang » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 1:25 am

llentimes!!

I have no idea why i was book out for kebaya/skin check round. Anyone knows what are the possible reasons for failing round 2? Only 1 girl got through, and she's not exactly outstanding, prob just the one with mattest skin and the plainest. Bah!!!
Today interview, a killer!

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 1:40 am

Lynn, U mean 1 outta 10 gals got through or??
Well, Kebaya can have many reasons.
Scars,the way u walk, u dun look friendly, limping legs, tatoos...Alot and Luck as well.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

preetie

Post by preetie » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 2:06 am

Hi Guys...

I manage to get through the interview...
Is there anyone who is going for medical and briefing here....
Im going for my medical on Tuesday and my briefing is on the 20/3

soggy

Post by soggy » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 4:32 am

i got booted in round 1. none in my group got through. he stunned me, and i think i can safely say the other 9 of us by asking why we think SIA is a successful airline.