Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lynnburp

Post by lynnburp » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:21 pm

hey guys,

really good to hear posts from ppl who went today too! today is my first attempt but i failed at the skin check. was having quite a bad skin day. but will be trying again next month.

anyone trying next month too? :P

beautiful_river

Post by beautiful_river » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks everyone for ur advises and encouragement.. Im feeling abit better now.. but not sure if i will be goin for the next interview, or rather, not sure if I m willing to put myself throught this kinda emotional turmoil again...............

Anyway, I stayed back for awhile to ask the lady why I was not selected, I told her that perhaps if I know the problem I can improve myself for the next time round, n she said that she wouldnt be able to reveal anything cuz she is not the interviewer n she adviced me to email in instead.. Will it be appropriate for me to email them? or will they jus chuck my email aside? I think they may have kept record of why i fail in each round...

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:41 pm

todays my 2nd attempt...quite disappointed..compared to my first attempt..then have some last min pms..omg..damn unlucky..haha :oops:

frankly speaking those who got in today couldn't deliever their speech that well..n got in..rather surprising :o

and this time they seem to take in lst attempt ppl..
but my group happen to have a girl ex emirates cc got in first round..but dunno what lies ahead after that..

but don't be dishearted...i'm sure our next attempt we'll come back with gd news.. :)

lets work hard for april... :D

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:49 pm

Hi beautiful river... i know how you feel. I've been kicked out at round 2 twice so far, and today i have absolutely no idea why. It's very true that luck plays an important part, both round 1 and 2. I've been lucky to get through 1st round twice but not the 2nd one. One thing i noticed was that after 2nd round while we gathered at the door waiting for results, 2 girls were called back to compare their skins under the spotlight. 3 pple were selected in the end, including one of these 2 girls.

So... why the comparison? is there some sort of a quota? If so, it doesn't really make sense to me. But 3/10 got through 1st and 2nd round today, same as the first time i came.

For the 1st round, every interviewer has his/her own way of assessment maybe. My first attempt i gave a very short intro and why i'm here, under 1min only. Today i blabbered about my hobbies and what i do in the weekends for 2 mins. The last girl in my group gave a reeeeeally long and repetitive speech and she got in too. Perhaps saying something interesting to grab their attention would help.

I'm not sure if emailing will help cos unlikely they will dig out their records just for you? :?
Last edited by akiheartfelt on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:52 pm

Yahhhh... beautiful_river and llentimes, I tink I had the same interviewer as both of u!!! My grp failed miserably too, with only 4 goin thru, the grp of guys b4 us was even worse, none made it thru!! They are definitely very strict wz pple who tried b4 lor!! They didnt even bother to get us to elab on our background, and was so quick in their decisions, i bet they didnt even flip thru our resumes. Suddenly my mind juz went blank halfway thru my ans. But I followed up wif a confident endin, and got a 'Good' from the chinese guy, u noe! But in e end, i still got kicked out. Now I know why, so its cos I have tried alot of times b4. Isnt it unfair to deprive pple of e chance? So wat if a person tried n tried but still failed, doesnt mean that he/she dun hv wat it takes ah, cos there are pple who got in at their 7th or 10th try, not everybody gets in on their 1st try, so tis only means that its an unfair system based alot on who they got as their interviewers.

Haiz! Anyway beautiful_river , do not fret, if u really hv e passion, so wat if u gotta depend on ur luck to get in? With ur degree, when Lady Luck comes knockin on ur door, Im sure u'll be able to breeze thru it, cos they are lookin for eloquent pple who speaks good english. Just do and speak what you deemed best, so long as u feel that u had put ur best foot forward, its all that matters. The rest is up to fate to decide. I myself, like you, used to be very confident abt 1st round, cos I hv a pretty strong customer service background and I can speak a foreign lang. Even their website publicise tt these will be an advantage, but look at wat happened to mi? I was rejected 3 times in round 1, once there was tis malaysian gal, wz no degree n broken eng got in, n i was 1 of the 2 who got kicked out!! Can u imagine the shock that I got? :o

U must come to terms wz the fact that there are no certainties in life, at least definitely not in SIA. Maybe u wld like to try my method of self-deceivin. :D When faced wz a failure, I always give excuses to make myself feel better. Like, 'they must hv written down the wrong name', 'they must have left my name out', 'they must have missed reading my name', 'perhaps those who got thru had fantastic resume' etc etc... Blame anythin but urself, n u'll feel less sore abt it. Hope it helps. Tis is my 6th try, n im still not ready to gif up. Kym Ng never gave up even on her 11th try, y cant u? Hang on ya?

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:59 pm

Hi all... i pass my mmgt today. hahah going for medical tmr

fivecam

Post by fivecam » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:02 pm

i also failed at my skin test today cos of my mole ! so sad. anyway, do you all know when is the next interview? HEHHE! i'm going again :D

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:02 pm

Congrats!! Joycee, was tis ur 1st time? n did u get e 2 man for ur 1st round of interview? Seems like ur e only breath of fresh air among us, who cldnt had been worse... Haiz...

Btw, beautiful_river, I dun tink they'll entertain ur request, cos they hv so many application forms, they prob will juz chuck aside, besides I hv heard of pple askin y they had been kicked out, n was told that they cant reveal e reason. I hv only heard of pple gettin their ans at e kebaya round, if u ask. From all our common grievances here, I tink u can assume that u were kicked out cos ur a 2nd-timer...
Last edited by sqfanatic on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trinitrophenol

Post by Trinitrophenol » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:05 pm

beautiful_river wrote:Hi dreamchaser,
Thanks for ur PM, I couldnt reply u cuz I havent made sufficient posts..

Anyway, my 2nd attempt failed again today, dint even get to show them my skin or veins.. failed at 1st round.. the 2 male interviewers were kinda strict, e passing rate for my group is only 3/10..
is the 2 interviewers an old indian guy and a chinese chap? when our batch(third) went in , both of them had this very serious look and was silent throughout the whole interview, just told us plainly to self intro for 1 min. the chinese chap seems not be interested at all, at least the old indian gentlemen acknowledged our presence and looked at us when we speak.

maybe all of them woke up on the wrong side of bed today? heh.

Passing rate is low as mentioned, 4/10 went for 2nd round, and lots more booted out on 2nd...

my 2nd attempt.. gotta try again!!

stripes

Post by stripes » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:07 pm

Well gals, It's really unpredictable in SIA. I understand the frustration, getting up early, speak for 1min or less & thank you for trying. I've failed my mgt rd but din even got thru the 1st rd today.
Keep your passion going & dun give up at least u gals get to try agn next mth. Unfortunately, I can't. :(

May all dreams come true.

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:10 pm

Hi all,

Just to share my interview today.

I was in group 32, and 7/10 made it to the 2nd round. the interviewers are two males and they are really friendly... and helps to loosen the nervousness among us.

I was quite surprise, though i was the first in the row, but the call people to answer randomly... i feel that they arrange the people based on how much they will choose u.

then 7 of us went for the kebaya testing. 4 of 7 got in.

The after 1-to-1 i have not seen the other girls in my group already cos i was ask to go down to the basement for mmgt interview.

At the mmgt, the 2 interviewers, both ladies were v v friendly as well.. they joke alot and most people who was there made it through. But i found out that there are more guys then girls at mmgt round. there are 5 guys with the same interviewers are me and another girl only.

I went there rather early, i reached at about 9am. ended at around 3pm.

if any of u need to know more about what are the questions or anything, can pm me.
Last edited by Joycee on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:16 pm

same here, failed at 1st round.. :(

seems like they prefer to take in people in their 1st attempt. sld give us (people who have been trying and trying, shows that we really want the job) a chance to proceed.

hopefully there will be another walk in in april or a write in very soon...

lets try again girls! :)

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:19 pm

[quote="sqfanatic"]Congrats!! Joycee, was tis ur 1st time? n did u get e 2 man for ur 1st round of interview? Seems like ur e only breath of fresh air among us, who cldnt had been worse... Haiz...

Hi,

This is not my first time. it's my third attempt. mine room was the last one with 2 male interviewers, one indian and one chinese.

brenda
Regular
Regular

Post by brenda » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:22 pm

No worriess...SIA doing recruitment monthly...next month sure have wan...next month i will b gng...btw jocye once they tk yr helght they will straight away check yr cert liao rite?

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:23 pm

hi, first attempt today.

first round only 3 out of 10 went through including myself
however, when it comes to kebaya round, none of us (the 3 girls) get in. the passing rate for this round was only 3/10 as well.
hmm, what i found puzzling was many of the girls in my grp (2nd round), their complexions are seriously good and they din get in?!

one of the girls who was with me actually went to mgt round for her first attempt last month whereas for today, she got booted out at the 2nd round.

i guess luck plays a major part as well.

nonetheless, we shall press on yea :))

and joyce, can't pm you cos i have yet to post a maximum number of posts, would u mind leaving your email add? thanks :)
be my escapade.